PDA

View Full Version : BULLETIN--Disneyland Introduces 2-Day Park Hopper Ticket 1/7/2002!!

FOOD_AND_DRUG
01-07-2002, 09:35 AM
Effective January 7, 2002, the Disneyland Resort has introduced a 2-Day Park Hopper Ticket.

It's available for sale beginning Monday, January 7, 2002.

The 2-Day Park Hopper Ticket provides guests the flexibility to "hop" as many times as they wish between Disneyland and Disney's California Adventure over a consecutive 2-day period.

Prices:

Adults: $91.00

Children $71.00

I know, I know, it's more than buying two, 1-Day single park tickets, but it gives you the flexibility to "hop" as many times as you desire between both parks, rather than purchasing a single 1-day park ticket that allows admittance to one park.

The key here is to PLAN your visit. If you are comfortable that you will see everything you and your family wish to in Disneyland in one day, the 2-Day Park Hopper is NOT for you.

If on the other hand, you only have two days to see the both arks and you can't finish Disneyland in one day (you should be able to finish DCA in one day), the 2-Day Park Hopper may be the best bet.

Look at the new 2-Day Park Hopper from the standpoint that it gives you two parks over two days for an extra $5.00 over single 1-Day, 1 Park admission tickets.

Now, if you're from southern California, it makes more sense to buy the $33 special one-day tickets and upgrade to the southern California Annual Passport for $99.

We'll see how successful Disney is in selling the 2-Day Park Hopper tickets vs. single 1-Day tickets.

Many people in southern California (and on this board) are of the opinion that DCA does not justify a one-day ticket to itself. This recent move by Disney may backfire and we may see some sort of promotion to bring the numbers back-up at DCA, such as the $6.00 upgrade on a one-day admission ticket.

stinkerbell
01-07-2002, 11:55 AM
Thanks for the update. Disney's going to owe you some money here pretty soon, cause your propaganda machine is making me ache for another trip south this year (and this was going to be my year off.......). ;)

AIRLINE
01-07-2002, 12:51 PM
I just heard a commercial that you get a third day free when buying two days...is this true?

FoodLover
01-07-2002, 03:07 PM
Yes, you can buy a 3-day hopper for the same price on the disneyland.com web site, thus you get one day free.

Mary
MouseSavers.com

driftwood714
01-07-2002, 08:10 PM
The "Free Day" promo tickets can also be purchased at any Disney Store, Disneyland Online, AAA, Walt Disney Travel or local Good Neighbor Hotels. This promotion will be going until March 15th. 3for2, 4for3 and 5for4.

Please be advised. The 2-Day Hopper tickets are only being offered until March 15th on a TRIAL PERIOD ONLY. The are only being offered to coinside with the Free Day promo. Food_and_Drugs did not mention this, as it is very important.

NOTE: They are only being offered on a trial basis.

MonorailMan
01-08-2002, 03:17 AM
Then just add $9 more dollars, get a So. Cal. AP! :p

coronamouseman
01-08-2002, 06:26 PM
Score another one for Disney Marketeers - they manage to come up with another ploy to snag unwitting out-of-towners ..............

A two-day park hopper ticket for $91? Do they think that the Cornhuskers are still in town?

Why don't they go to a simple system like that at WDW where you have multiple days, good anytime, for a fixed price? At least then you know what you are getting and you know that you might have a chance later to use the unused days on another trip ........