PDA

View Full Version : This Saturday (4/2) more or less crowded than last Saturday?

FantasmicFanatic
03-31-2005, 08:58 PM
thoughts?

FF

HorizonsA
03-31-2005, 09:30 PM
I hope so. Last weekend was bad. It's like everyone had the same vacation plans to go to Disneyland. But, hey it's Disneyland, everyone wants the magic!

sunfun94
03-31-2005, 11:18 PM
Just got back tonight from DL and it looks to be crankin and not stopping..
but im so sad as they cancelled the fireworks due to wind *sniff*

AaronInCal
03-31-2005, 11:50 PM
I would bet on it being pretty crowded on Saturday and Sunday. Supposed to be very warm, in the 80s, at least on Saturday. Yes, Thursday Disneyland was packing them in. The lines to get through the turnstyles was still out past the Monorail beam at 11:30. Very windy day at the Resort, too. One of the light poles in the Entry Plaza even blew down apparently. There was a small flatbed truck with a lightpole laying on it and a cherry-picker with someone in it working on another pole as I was leaving Disneyland around 1:45pm.

sdfilmcritic
03-31-2005, 11:53 PM
but im so sad as they cancelled the fireworks due to wind *sniff*I hate it when they do that. I was there watching the fireworks late last fall and they cancelled the fireworks in the middle of the show due to "wind conditions" that were nearly non-existent. :rolleyes: As soon as the cancellation announcement was made everyone licked the tip of their finger and lifted the finger in the air to test for the non blowing winds. It was the same time as the mutant snow that didn't work.

sunfun94
03-31-2005, 11:53 PM
went back to DL after a bit at ESPN at around 8:00 and the line for the monorail was PACKED!! Never seen them que that line before like this...made sense why they did it though... also, pizza port was even only letting in so many guests at a time at 830pm!! :rolleyes:

sdfilmcritic
03-31-2005, 11:56 PM
The Monorail queue line is always packed at the DTD station when people are returning to the parks after they finish lunch or dinner. The TL station is packed toward the end of the day (starting as early as 3 PM) for those wanting to go back to their hotel room.

sunfun94
03-31-2005, 11:59 PM
it was just odd... I mean dont get me wrong, I have seen it crowded up there where it took 2-3 trains to get on...it still only took that many tonight but I just have never seen the station set up that way before...go fig, 1st time for everything...

sdfilmcritic
04-01-2005, 12:02 AM
it was just odd... I mean dont get me wrong, I have seen it crowded up there where it took 2-3 trains to get on...it still only took that many tonight but I just have never seen the station set up that way before...go fig, 1st time for everything...Have you gone to DLR on July 4th, Christmas Day, or New Year's Eve? Those are the worst!

sunfun94
04-01-2005, 12:07 AM
yeah, but i have to admit that its not normal for us to take the monorail...

charpaul
04-01-2005, 12:11 AM
It will probably be busy this Sat. It is the middle of Spring Break - the 2Fer offer is STILL going on - AND it will be mini gay day on Sat.
Add the nice weather and you can do your own math - LOL

sdfilmcritic
04-01-2005, 12:12 AM
It will probably be busy this Sat. It is the middle of Spring Break - the 2Fer offer is STILL going on - AND it will be mini gay day on Sat.
Add the nice weather and you can do your own math - LOL2+2+1+2? Or is it 1+2+1+2? Or is it......

WITron
04-01-2005, 10:13 PM
I hate it when they do that. I was there watching the fireworks late last fall and they cancelled the fireworks in the middle of the show due to "wind conditions" that were nearly non-existent. :rolleyes: As soon as the cancellation announcement was made everyone licked the tip of their finger and lifted the finger in the air to test for the non blowing winds. It was the same time as the mutant snow that didn't work.

The wind conditions that they were refering to may have been at a higher altitude that was not noticible on the ground.

RStar
04-02-2005, 06:53 AM
I went last night (4/1) and it was packed for a Friday! I only went to DCA (figuring less crowd) and I have never seen that park so packed, even more than on New Years!