PDA

View Full Version : Using unused day on hopper pass to buy new ticket?

jrsharp21
01-07-2002, 09:03 AM
Can anyone give me info on how to do this. I have a hopper pass from Dec 17th and has only 2 of the 3 days used on it. I am going to the park on the 11th and was wondering if I can bring this and use it to buy a new ticket? Any info will be great..Thanks

driftwood714
01-07-2002, 08:12 PM
Please read the ticket cafefully, as there are different kinds of features. If you purchased the ticket from the Resort Box Office, it should be good over a 2 year period. If they were purchased anywhere else, the unused days would expire 13 days after first use. What does the ticket say? If you have more questions, post here.

tabacco
01-07-2002, 09:13 PM
You might be able to do it. It really all depends on whether the booth lead says yes or no. If they do say yes, though, here's what you should expect to have happen:

Since there's apparently now a 2-day hopper, they will most likely give you credit for the original cost of your ticket ($111) minus the cost of a 2-day hopper, which means you'll get ~$20 credit. That's all dependent on whether the lead will allow it, though, and they might do something different. Just don't expect to get $37 worth of credit (111/3).

jrsharp21
01-08-2002, 06:52 AM
Hi driftwood,

I did but this ticket at one of the ticket booths at Disneyland. It does say expires in two years, but on Disneyland's website it says that tickets expire 13 days after first use. I know this is what last years multi-day tickets said on the back also, expires 13 days after first use. So I am a bit confused. Do you think the one day left is still good to use?

MammaSilva
01-08-2002, 08:50 AM
I would call the park and ask to speak to guest services, they can tell you if it is still good, I know that when we were trying to decide "where" to buy the tickets for my nieces the options were to buy them at the DS and get a free extra day or stand in line at the park and have them be good for two years.. I have NO idea what the latest will be

driftwood714
01-08-2002, 10:14 AM
jrsharp21,

If you purchase the tickets from the ticket booths (since after late Spring), then it is good for a 2 year period. It should say VALID THRU 11/03/2003 or something to that effect. It would only say "expired 13 days after first use" if you purchased it online, thru a travel agent, the disney store, AAA or local good neighbor hotels.. What EXACTLY does it say on the back? Usually they say "3-R $111 etc..."...

tabacco
01-08-2002, 03:15 PM
Whatever the ticket says is what will be honored, no matter how the policies change.

driftwood714
01-08-2002, 05:49 PM
But, policies do change. I can recall one just this past winter. Certain employers, credit unions, and colleges were selling "Fall Special" tickets to each park. They were valid until mid December and excluded all Saturdays. Then shortly after Sept 11th, they lifted that restriction. So, not everything is written in stone.