PDA

View Full Version : Nice guy at Fantasmic!

disney4evr00
03-31-2005, 02:24 PM
Hi I just wanted to say thanks to the nice guy at Fantasmic! Me and my friends were waiting to the see show and had pretty cruddy views. This guy came by and said he had a cancellation and wanted to know if we would like to sit at the "Tower" I wasn't sure if it was for real, but he looked official. And then we walked by all the crowds and he walked us right in and gave us four seats! I think he was a sound tech or something, because he was talking into a microphone for the whole show. It was a perfect show, and Pincocchio is back!!!

sdfilmcritic
03-31-2005, 02:54 PM
How about writing a letter to Guest Services for the parks? The letter should at least be redirected to the technician department for display so their CMs can see it.

disney4evr00
03-31-2005, 02:56 PM
You're right! I'm going again this weekend, I'll stop by Guest Relations. I wish I could remember his name!

stinkerbell
03-31-2005, 03:10 PM
A similar thing happened to me once a few years ago. I was with my daughter who was 4 and we took advantage of the fact that Fantasmic was an hour or two away from beginning to go on Splash Mtn. again and again and again....a few minutes before Fantasmic started, in the middle of a ginormous crowd, I half-jokingly asked a CM where would be the best place for us to be, since we'd never seen it before. He said, "Premium priority seating. Follow me."

Then he opened the ropes, and led us down slightly to the left in the front!!! I couldn't believe it! He just smiled and walked away.

There was plenty of room, but you couldn't be there without a reservation...unless you asked the right question from the right person at the right time. I've never again had a better view of Fantasmic.

Disney Vault
03-31-2005, 03:38 PM
A similar thing happened to me once a few years ago. I was with my daughter who was 4 and we took advantage of the fact that Fantasmic was an hour or two away from beginning to go on Splash Mtn. again and again and again....a few minutes before Fantasmic started, in the middle of a ginormous crowd, I half-jokingly asked a CM where would be the best place for us to be, since we'd never seen it before. He said, "Premium priority seating. Follow me."

Then he opened the ropes, and led us down slightly to the left in the front!!! I couldn't believe it! He just smiled and walked away.

There was plenty of room, but you couldn't be there without a reservation...unless you asked the right question from the right person at the right time. I've never again had a better view of Fantasmic.
Thats true disney magic creating memories :)

Wendi
03-31-2005, 03:39 PM
So, can you tell me more about this "tower"? Did you get to sit up on one of the big light towers or something? I don't get it... was this something that one could normally pay to attend, like the balcony or riverfront seating, or something more like a special guest perk?

disney4evr00
03-31-2005, 04:18 PM
Itwas right under one of the light towers. There was a sound board or something there too with two guys operating it. One of them was the guy that gave me the seats. There were folding chairs there. I don't thnk it was the pay seats, beacause those were over toward the Mansion. There were only a few seats there under the light tower. Hope that clears it up Wendi, and I hope you get picked one time too!!