PDA

View Full Version : Ramada Inn Maingate

Dream Again
03-31-2005, 01:58 PM
Sorry if this hotel has been talked about before. Me and my mom made reservations for this hotel for July 10-July...something, because the reviews were good and the rooms looked nice. Now lately I've been reading bad things about it. Never being one to trust reviews, I thought I'd ask here. Should we expect the worst?

bradk
03-31-2005, 02:11 PM
ramada maingate saga - real good
ramada maingate north - not so good

i'm pretty sure.

Hakuna Makarla
03-31-2005, 02:36 PM
Hi, I am leaving for there tomorrow, give me 4 days and I wil tell you exactly what I think ok. See you on Monday night!!

SuefromRI
03-31-2005, 02:46 PM
Karla, have a great trip!!

Hakuna Makarla
03-31-2005, 03:02 PM
ramada maingate saga - real good
ramada maingate north - not so good

i'm pretty sure.

ok which am I staying at there brad? I am staying at 1650 south Harbor, what ramada is that?

Hakuna Makarla
03-31-2005, 03:03 PM

Thanks Sue! :)

E-ORLover
03-31-2005, 03:11 PM
ok which am I staying at there brad? I am staying at 1650 south Harbor, what ramada is that?

Hi Karla, you are staying at the Saga....
North is @ 921 s. Harbor Blvd.

Hakuna Makarla
03-31-2005, 03:45 PM
Thank you :) I just called and made sure I was in the new part of the hotel. Dream again, make sure when you make reservations you ask for the newer section. I guess its real nice, the older section is run down some. I am happy now :)

Leash81
03-31-2005, 04:24 PM

I second that and also look forward to reading about what you thought about this hotel as I am a little unsure about it for a future trip. From all your other posts it seems like you will have a blast and I am sure everyone is anxious to hear about it.

Dream Again
04-01-2005, 11:17 PM
Thank you :) I just called and made sure I was in the new part of the hotel. Dream again, make sure when you make reservations you ask for the newer section. I guess its real nice, the older section is run down some. I am happy now :)

Uh-oh, forgot to do that. You don't think we could call and maybe check on this, do you?

Wendi
04-02-2005, 07:23 AM
Uh-oh, forgot to do that. You don't think we could call and maybe check on this, do you?

Ummm... why not?

Dream Again
04-02-2005, 08:44 PM
Ummm... why not?

Oops...worded that wrong. What I meant to say was...

Do you think that if we call and find that we did not get a room in the new building, they would switch us? I really wouldn't mind if they couldn't, but it'd be nice.

bradk
04-02-2005, 08:49 PM
as a rule of thumb, requests are usually taken and considered at time of booking, but most times, the hotel room assignment is actually made when checking in. so if there are rooms available that match the request when you check in, you're likely to get it. you can call ahead of time, but i'm sure you're just as well off asking when you check in. if it's important to you, you should check in as early as possible as the later you check in, the less likely your request will be able to be filled.