PDA

View Full Version : Photographing Fireworks

nmjohnston874
03-31-2005, 10:44 AM
I am new to this group, although I'm a longtime reader of MP. I want to photograph the fireworks when we go the first week of June. Would the MS train platform be a good place to avoid heads in the photo?

DisneyDustin22
03-31-2005, 10:54 AM
It would be, although you'll be kind of far away to get decent photos, unless you have a telephoto lens. You can get good pictures from right in front of the castle if you just tilt your camera up a bit. I have taken many pictures of the fireworks from right in front of the castle and have been able to keep heads out of the frame.

nmjohnston874
03-31-2005, 11:02 AM
It would be, although you'll be kind of far away to get decent photos, unless you have a telephoto lens. You can get good pictures from right in front of the castle if you just tilt your camera up a bit. I have taken many pictures of the fireworks from right in front of the castle and have been able to keep heads out of the frame.

I do have a telephoto. Where do you position yourself in front of the castle and how far in advance?

Thanks,
George

bradk
03-31-2005, 11:09 AM
i've read and been told that 30 mins ahead of the fireworks will serve you just fine. it also probably depends on the season and crowds, but it also goes to reason that most guests will be in the fantasmic viewing area, so if you get the chance to do this on a night you're not viewing fantasmic, you should be set.

however

'remember' does take advantage of launchers placed around the hub, so if you do want to capture those aspects of the show, you're probably better off at the train station.

DisneyDustin22
03-31-2005, 11:22 AM
Well I usually tend to not go on busy days, I have gotten lucky by getting a good spot 5 minutues prior. I usually find the best viewing is just to the right of the castle/hub. With a crowded day, you'll probably want to plan 30 minutes ahead.

Deogge's Mom
03-31-2005, 12:06 PM
Darkbeer and I were at the train station on MainStreet when he took these pictures (http://darkbeer.smugmug.com/gallery/448247/5). :)

Of course since I haven't seen the fireworks for the 50th anniversary yet, it's hard to say where the best viewing area or picture taking spot would be. :confused:

Susan L
03-31-2005, 03:52 PM
I am new to this group, although I'm a longtime reader of MP. I want to photograph the fireworks when we go the first week of June. Would the MS train platform be a good place to avoid heads in the photo?

They might also have it roped off. This was the case when we were there last. We had the idea on our way to the park to watch the fireworks from the train platform for the exact reason that we wanted to not have to look around or over someones head but, when we got there it was roped off and there were all these chairs for who we didn't know.

After the show my nephew went up to the CM on the plateform and asked him how you get those seats. The CM told him to go ask at City Hall. Well we didn't and now I regret that. Most of the seats weren't taken either, but we thought it would be an great place to watch the fireworks without looking at someones head. This always happens to us. We will stake out a great spot and then it never fails several rude people always seem to crowd right in front of you and obstruct your view right before the show starts.

Hakuna Makarla
03-31-2005, 04:20 PM
So I take it while the fire works are going on the rides should be free :) I see so many fire works here, I am just looking forward to acually getting on rides :)

jennia
03-31-2005, 06:22 PM
We saw the fireworks last night. We sat at the Plaza (is that the right name for the place that used to be a restaraunt on Main Street, then was the AP center and now is closed?) The fireworks from our perspecitve were off to the side of the castle mostly towards FrontierLand not directly over the castle as we expected them to be. Also no Tinkerbelle in the show as we expected. The biggest problem with the Plaza was a tree. Next time we'll try and closer.

nmjohnston874
04-01-2005, 11:00 AM
Darkbeer and I were at the train station on MainStreet when he took these pictures (http://darkbeer.smugmug.com/gallery/448247/5). :)

Of course since I haven't seen the fireworks for the 50th anniversary yet, it's hard to say where the best viewing area or picture taking spot would be. :confused:

Thanks for the pix. The flag pole is distracting, isn't it.