PDA

View Full Version : What hotel has the best Shuttle service?

disneyhound
03-31-2005, 06:48 AM
We stayed at the Crowne Plaza a couple of months ago. The shuttle they provided was a bus that serviced three hotels, and the drop-off point was just inside the entrance to the park. What Hotel/Shuttle experience have you had? What shuttle gets the closest to the main gate area? ;)

stan4d_steph
03-31-2005, 06:51 AM
All shuttles drop off in the same area.

sdfilmcritic
03-31-2005, 06:53 AM
Some of the hotels I've stayed at also shared a shuttle with neighboring hotels. The Embassy Suites South and Hyatt Regency do the shuttle sharing. The only downfall to this method would be having to many bodies crammed into the bus causing fire and emergency hazards galore.

disneyhound
03-31-2005, 07:07 AM
...The only downfall to this method would be having to many bodies crammed into the bus...
On the shuttle bus we used, our hotel was the last stop, so most mornings we ended up standing, not the safest traveling expeience, especially when the bus stops suddenly...

What about ART, has anyone used this transport? There are three drop-off areas for this service and they go further towards the main gates, whats up with that?

Chadsgal
03-31-2005, 08:05 AM
Hey dose anyone know about the shuttle from the Sheraton? That is where I'm staying in June and I've been in the same situation where I was at a hotel where we were the last to be picked up and dropped off. Do they have there own shuttle or not? :confused:

cirquelover
03-31-2005, 08:10 AM
We liked Candy Cane's shuttle service. It only serves that hotel, the drivers were great and it runs every half hour!

SuefromRI
03-31-2005, 11:31 AM
We liked Candy Cane's shuttle service. It only serves that hotel, the drivers were great and it runs every half hour!

Ditto on the Candy Cane's shuttle. Plus if there were too many waiting, like at park closing, they would immediately drop off one load and return for another rather than cramming in or waiting another half-hour.

disneyhound
04-01-2005, 06:21 AM
The Candy Cane just keeps getting good reviews!

Klutch
04-01-2005, 07:21 AM
More of the same for Candy Cane Inn. They have small shuttle bussses and a large bus which they rotate based on the needs of the guests. Candy Cane runs their own shuttles: no stopping at other hotels or bust stops.

The busses are clean, modern, and as mentioned, staffed by very nice people. They busses also run quite often, but if you don't want to wait, it's not far to walk to the gate from your room.

If you don't need a suite, Candy Cane is an excellent choice for a non-Disney place to stay (although it is a "Good Neighbor Hotel").

disneyhound
04-01-2005, 12:35 PM
...The busses are clean, modern, and as mentioned, staffed by very nice people...
Where do the busses drop you off at DL?

Klutch
04-01-2005, 12:59 PM
Where do the busses drop you off at DL?

There is a "roundabout" area off Harbor Blvd where *all* busses, and only busses, drop off guests. (There's a seperate area where parents dump off their tweens for all-day babysitting at Disneyland.) Each bus will drop guests at specific stop areas, but the difference is negligable. If you were walking to Disneyland or DCA, you would go right by this area. Beyond this roundabout area is a wide walkway.

If you are walking from Harbor, just past the roundabout on the right will be the entrance to Disneyland. On the left will be the entrance to DCA (don't confuse them!). Beyond this is Downtown Disney. Shops and restaurants are on either side of the walkway. One side and one entrance of the Grand Californian Hotel also parallel this walkway. Although it's not readily apparent, the walkway eventually crosses over West Street. (In the old days, this is where you could see the monorail cross the road to the Disneyland Hotel.) Following the walkway will eventually lead you to the Disneyland Hotel and I think it ends there.

Thus, you don't have to worry about where a shuttle will drop you off; they all go to the roundabout. As pointed out in other replies, how direct your route will be does vary. Some hotels have their own shuttle and will take you directly to and from the rotunda. Other hotels use shuttles which make multiple stops. Candy Cane Inn is a hotel with its own shuttles which go directly to and from the roundabout.

mkcbunny
04-01-2005, 09:12 PM
Is the Candy Cane shuttle free for guests, or is there a fee/ticket?

I have yet to stay there, but we'll have to do it some time!

SuefromRI
04-02-2005, 08:18 AM
It's free for guests. Sometimes we had to show a room key to the driver, sometimes not. Also free parking, and we got to leave our car there for the day past check-out time. Also, free continental breakfast which helps to get out the door and over to the parks quickly and easily.

RobRoz
04-02-2005, 02:38 PM
might as well walk from the Candy Cane :cool:

SuefromRI
04-02-2005, 03:15 PM
Walking from the Candy Cane is not bad. We did it every morning with a coffee cup in our hand (or tea in my case) from the free breakfast. But it was nice to ride the shuttle back from the park, or back to the park after a break, and easy to plan cuz it always runs at the same time --on the hour and 1/2 hour there and on the quarters from the park.