PDA

View Full Version : Question about the People Mover track

Pilot Mickey
03-30-2005, 10:17 PM
Do you think it would be possible to modify the people mover track enough to install test track into it? i've been thinking of this for the past few days, because people want something done with the track and some people want test track in tomorrowland. the buildings could be placed over the back stage area behind tomorrowland and the speed section could be placed over autopia subs area. just a suggestion

sdfilmcritic
03-30-2005, 11:26 PM
Well, the Imagineers tried installing the Rocket Rods on the People Mover track and didn't have any success with it. The Test Track ride from WDW is going to be even more demanding on the track than the RRs would have been. It's the constant adjustment to speed and the angle of the curves that is the problem. The one thing they didn't have the money for was building a curve bank for the turns. If those curve banks were installed on the track then I'm sure RR would still be up and running.

nsyncitnd1787
03-31-2005, 09:02 PM
don't get me wrong, i'd love to see a test track here. but i'd kinda like to see WDI come up with something orgional for us. do we really need another clone?

Disney Vault
03-31-2005, 09:43 PM
Beside I belive DCA will get a test track type of ride. It wont be like test track but will use the same kind of technology. Just like Jouney to the Center of the Earth used the same technology but made it into a totally new ride. At least this is the rumor going around after some hints were given as to what the next E ticket for DCA will be.

Pilot Mickey
03-31-2005, 11:36 PM
well, the idea was just there because it seems WDI doesn't like to think of "new" rides for the west coast, if you don't count DCA :~D , nevermind forget everything before this, so how 'bout that new, ummm..... paint job :|

nursemelis374
04-01-2005, 07:01 AM
I just wish they would bring People Mover back.

Sislers
04-01-2005, 07:18 AM
Why did they get rid of the people movers??? I liked this ride. It was soooo relaxing when it's been a long hot day of walking...anyone know why they're gone??

oregontraveler
04-01-2005, 07:26 AM
They closed it down because it was a slow loader, not enough customers & too many employees to staff it. In other words, $$$$

CrazyTrain
04-01-2005, 07:29 AM
What exactly is a test track?

bradk
04-01-2005, 07:35 AM
http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/wdw/parks/attractionDetail?id=TestTrackAttractionPage

http://www.wdwmagic.com/tt_facts.htm

redcon1
04-01-2005, 09:13 AM
They closed it down because it was a slow loader, not enough customers & too many employees to staff it. In other words, $$$$
If it was too expensive to run, why did they leave the WDW version open?
Just curious.

Hi-Ho
04-01-2005, 09:20 AM
Test track is very cool, but I liked Rockets Rods even better!

bradk
04-01-2005, 09:25 AM
let's put it this way. everytime DL shuts down an attraction, it's because of 'low attendance' and/or not being 'cost effective.'

i won't go into the people mover rant here, but let's just say the same thing was done and said of the skyway.

Disney Vault
04-01-2005, 11:39 AM
let's put it this way. everytime DL shuts down an attraction, it's because of 'low attendance' and/or not being 'cost effective.'

i won't go into the people mover rant here, but let's just say the same thing was done and said of the skyway.
I am actually so glad the skyway is gone. And I don't really care about the people mover but I would like something on that track.

jrad32
04-01-2005, 12:10 PM
Beside I belive DCA will get a test track type of ride. It wont be like test track but will use the same kind of technology. Just like Jouney to the Center of the Earth used the same technology but made it into a totally new ride. At least this is the rumor going around after some hints were given as to what the next E ticket for DCA will be.

I would hope that management is smart enough to realize that DL needs a new e-ticket before they put a new E at Disneys Cruddy Assfest. Oh well another example of DCA sucking the funds from DL.

Disney Vault
04-01-2005, 01:27 PM
I would hope that management is smart enough to realize that DL needs a new e-ticket before they put a new E at Disneys Cruddy Assfest. Oh well another example of DCA sucking the funds from DL.
I actually think DCA need an E ticket more. DL has a lot of them as it is and is already the best park. While DCA deffinilty could use some help in the attraction department.

karl
04-01-2005, 01:37 PM
I actually think DCA need an E ticket more. DL has a lot of them as it is and is already the best park. While DCA deffinilty could use some help in the attraction department.

I tend to agree. Getting Subs back is a big coup for Disneyland. Probably way off the strategic planning but way necessary to fill that void.

But strategically Disney needs to make Anaheim a true multi-day resort. Getting DCA up to full power is critical to making that happen. I can see a great deal of investment directed at DCA in the next several years in an attempt to transform the park into a real destination.

-- Karl

Opus1guy
04-01-2005, 01:39 PM
Beside I belive DCA will get a test track type of ride.

Happy to give some of the attraction details:

In keeping with the California theme...it's going to be called RushHour!®

It features the newest prototype GM vehicles in constant 2 mph stop-and-go conditions, Buzz-like weapons exchange with your road opponents, and culminates in a Autopia-like collision with an exciting full air-bag deployment!

Track Length: 1.4 miles. Attraction time: 2 hours. Height Restriction: None.

Don't say you heard it from me. ;)

bradk
04-01-2005, 01:43 PM
be careful. one of the mouse tales books has a story where a couple asked the CM operating the subs (oddly enough) how long the trip was. the CM told them it was 2 days, so reportedly they left only to return with their baggage.