03-30-2005, 08:15 PM
Was this a goal?
That is one goal I never want :D

tjaa
03-30-2005, 09:49 PM
in 1 and a half years!!!

Woo hoo!

Hooray for me!!

You must be "LOCKED UP" in a rubber room :eek:, hope you get out soon :D say by 05/05/05...

I Heart Disneyland!
03-30-2005, 10:05 PM

I'm with you on this one!!! :)

Crazy4DL
03-30-2005, 10:07 PM
in 1 and a half years!!!

Woo hoo!

Hooray for me!!

I am so sorry ;)

arielova
03-30-2005, 10:29 PM
This is not a good goal to set for myself. :( ;)

goober7011
03-30-2005, 10:53 PM
in 1 and a half years!!!

Woo hoo!

Hooray for me!!

I'm sad to say that I have you beat by 2 months. :crying: July 26, 2003 was my last trip (and to top that off it was only a one day Disneyland only trip). This is all going to end fairly soon though. Can't wait. :D
-Goober

sdfilmcritic
03-30-2005, 11:22 PM
Longest I've gone without DL - about 2 years.

Shortest amount of time between trips - 7 days.

CrazyTrain
03-31-2005, 07:05 AM
28 1/2 years?????

hlbtimes2
03-31-2005, 07:53 AM
Are you planning a trip now, is that why its a good thing? Or are you breaking an addiction to the place?

HorizonsA
03-31-2005, 08:35 AM

Seriously.

cryan71
03-31-2005, 09:51 AM
I was just sick of the place. Totally burnt out. I stopped riding the rides. I've seen about every show & parade multiple times. I had tried everything in both parks. I even found myself looking forward to visiting Innoventions-- (yes, it was that bad). It was as if you had your cake and ate it too-- only to find that you were sick of cake.

I knew too much about the park. I knew all the secrets and tricks. If a line was more than 10 minutes long, I wouldn't get it in it. I found myself tempted to correct complete strangers in line spouting off information that wasn't right. There were nothing new to discover or learn. Nothing was a surprise anymore. I just went there to to do nothing. I needed something new to inspire me, and Disneyland wasn't it anymore.

Certain passholders were also a little unsettling. After a while, I ended up finding myself avoiding them to not have the same conversations about park maintenence and the complaints about minor changes in the park.

I just got the new "please come back" Annual Passport mail piece from Disneyland this week. I think part of the AP mindset is that you look at the price, and then it hits you if you go like every week, the costs per visit will be so low. The problem is that there is a law of diminishing returns.

I almost came back, but decided I'll go once this year -- after everything is back open. It might on the 50th anniversary if there are some interesting same day events. If not, it will be toward the end of summer.

Crazy4DL
03-31-2005, 09:56 AM
I was just sick of the place. Totally burnt out. I stopped riding the rides. I've seen about every show & parade multiple times. I had tried everything in both parks. I even found myself looking forward to visiting Innoventions-- (yes, it was that bad). It was as if you had your cake and ate it too-- only to find that you were sick of cake.

I knew too much about the park. I knew all the secrets and tricks. If a line was more than 10 minutes long, I wouldn't get it in it. I found myself tempted to correct complete strangers in line spouting off information that wasn't right. There were nothing new to discover or learn. Nothing was a surprise anymore. I just went there to to do nothing. I needed something new to inspire me, and Disneyland wasn't it anymore.

Certain passholders were also a little unsettling. After a while, I ended up finding myself avoiding them to not have the same conversations about park maintenence and the complaints about minor changes in the park.

I just got the new "please come back" mail piece from Disneyland this week. I think part of the AP mindset is that you look at the price, and then it hits you if you go like every week, the costs per visit will be so low. The problem is that there is a law of diminishing returns.

I almost came back, but decided I'll go once this year -- after everything is back open. It might on the 50th anniversary if there are some interesting same day events. If not, it will be toward the end of summer.

As much as I love DL I can understand what you mean. I (luckily) will never have to experience any DL burnout since I am way up in WA and once a year is usually tops for our visits - more like every 2 - 3 years so we are always so excited we count down every day :D Hopefully after giving yourself a break the magic of DL will return for you.

MrsG
03-31-2005, 10:45 AM
I knew too much about the park. I knew all the secrets and tricks. If a line was more than 10 minutes long, I wouldn't get it in it. I found myself tempted to correct complete strangers in line spouting off information that wasn't right.
Most of us here are the same way.... and we like it that way! ;) :geek:

disneyperson
03-31-2005, 12:21 PM
Most of us here are the same way.... and we like it that way! ;) :geek:
I'm not,and neither is my daughter. I'd hate to become a fact spurting know it all to complete strangers. The only time I ever interuppted a stranger was during MA when we were in Tommorrow land and a guy behind us was about to make his family run to get on Splash Mountain. I told him it was closed. He thanked me for saving him the steps.
I doubt that I could over dose on DL, but I can understand how it could happen. I hope you can enjoy it next time.

MrsG
03-31-2005, 01:35 PM
The key word is "tempted". We all some of us like know the inside facts and common knowledge of DL. Just look at everyone who likes to tell their favorite meal/snack, photo op, quiet place, bathroom, fastpass tricks........ etc. etc. Doesn't mean we are going to force our knowledge on strangers. That is why we pontificate here, ad nauseum. :p

SCUBAbe
03-31-2005, 01:39 PM
Longest I've gone without DL - about 2 years.

Shortest amount of time between trips - 7 days.
thje longest I went without going to DL was about 7 years....yep it's true. The only reason I went back was to take my child. She was about 2 then. To young IMO...we went back once a year since then and the only reason we got AP's was becasue DCA was opening..:)

Susan L
03-31-2005, 03:24 PM
Right now its every 18 months for us due to budget issues. I would love to be able to go twice a year. Every 6 months would be just right for me. Now getting DH to go that much is another story. He doesn't think 18 months is a long enough wait and he doesn't like to go as long as I do. So that is why next time he isn't going. It will be an all girl trip, DD, her best friend, myself, we meet up with my sister and my niece as well as my best friend. It should be a smashing good time :D :D :D

Crazy4DL
03-31-2005, 03:32 PM
Right now its every 18 months for us due to budget issues. I would love to be able to go twice a year. Every 6 months would be just right for me. Now getting DH to go that much is another story. He doesn't think 18 months is a long enough wait and he doesn't like to go as long as I do. So that is why next time he isn't going. It will be an all girl trip, DD, her best friend, myself, we meet up with my sister and my niece as well as my best friend. It should be a smashing good time :D :D :D

oh wow - sounds like tons of girl fun!! :D