PDA

View Full Version : Favorite photo ops?

Hi-Ho
03-30-2005, 01:58 PM
Do you have a favorite place you return to to take pics when at DL? (other than the marked "Kodak" locations?) :fez:

Dream Again
03-30-2005, 02:08 PM
Ariel's Grotto when Ariel goes back under the sea :)

sunfun94
03-30-2005, 02:18 PM
Back in NOS in the courtyard between the Christmas store and the Christopher radko looking ornaments

Hi-Ho
03-30-2005, 02:19 PM
I do like that area in NOS. Good tip! And have a blast at WDW - I was raised going there before moving out west. You will love it! Are you going to do all the parks?

sunfun94
03-30-2005, 02:23 PM
We are certainly going to try! My husband and I went by ourselves a few years ago and never made it to AK... we are debating the water parks though, given that our daughter will only be about 4 and a beginning swimmer..any thoughts?

Hi-Ho
03-30-2005, 02:34 PM
You definitely want to do Animal Kingdom! We went to Blizzard Beach, but we didn't have kids with us. There were a LOT of little ones there...seemed to be quite a few kid friendly slides, etc. But again, I wouldn't be the best person to ask about that since I wasn't focused on rides for young ones. Have you been to Discovery Cove? I know it's not Disney, but it's pretty amazing (the dolphin swim). Expensive, but if you can swing it, it's worth it. Are you staying at a Disney property?

disney jones
03-30-2005, 02:49 PM
i always get pics of one DD in front of the gas pump in Condor Flats at DCA. That's her spot and i now have them for 3 years.

The other great spot for the girls is in Market House on Main Street - the colorful background of all the coffee mugs is wonderful.

Captain Josh
03-30-2005, 02:56 PM
The truck, Adventureland (http://www.geocities.com/slayer_x55/spirit_of_adventure_cast.html)

sunfun94
03-30-2005, 05:06 PM
You definitely want to do Animal Kingdom! We went to Blizzard Beach, but we didn't have kids with us. There were a LOT of little ones there...seemed to be quite a few kid friendly slides, etc. But again, I wouldn't be the best person to ask about that since I wasn't focused on rides for young ones. Have you been to Discovery Cove? I know it's not Disney, but it's pretty amazing (the dolphin swim). Expensive, but if you can swing it, it's worth it. Are you staying at a Disney property?

I'll have to post a new thread on that one about the water parks then! :)

I have heard of Discovery Cove and have heard awesome things about it! It looks like so much fun! You know, one of those things to do while not in the parks and such!

We are going to be staying at Port Orleans Riverside...I havent stayed there as of yet only at the Contemporary...But I have heard that the rooms have been re-furbished?

Leash81
03-30-2005, 07:21 PM
There is this spot n Frontierland in between the shops and RDZ its this canopy of wooden posts and there are flowering vines all over it. Anyway my mom has taken a picture of my dad and I everytime we go since I was a little kid in the 80's.

MrsG
03-30-2005, 07:28 PM
... and there are flowering vines all over it.
bougainvillea

Leash81
03-30-2005, 08:00 PM
bougainvillea

Thank you! All I could remember is that they are pink. :)

WITron
03-30-2005, 08:20 PM
We get a picture in front of the Snow White statues. My wife and I took a pic there before we had our daughters and last year we went and took one with our oldest daughter and when we go back we will get one with our youngest.

disney jones
03-30-2005, 08:59 PM
The truck, Adventureland (http://www.geocities.com/slayer_x55/spirit_of_adventure_cast.html)that's a great spot too we just discovered last trip since DD was finally tall enough to ride.

Also to mention, my favorite attractions to take pictures of the DD's during the ride are (in order of preference):

Autopia, Columbia, Monorail

Autopia provides some great smiles and good action photos while the DD's are driving.

Columbia just has lots of things to take pictures with them, like cannnos, bells, etc.

the Monorail can give you some good backgrounds of the park (like Matterhorn Mt.) while in route.

sdfilmcritic
03-30-2005, 11:28 PM
Do you have a favorite place you return to to take pics when at DL? (other than the marked "Kodak" locations?) :fez:There's a little wooden bridge to the left of the castle than seems to attract the most beautiful of princesses. :p

I Heart Disneyland!
03-31-2005, 12:09 AM
The cute stairway in NOS, between some shops....the corner shop changes, and last I was there it was a Nightmare/Haunted Mansion shop. Anyway--you probably know what I'm talking about. It's really cozy back there. The other spot is the cute porch, on Main Street, where they have the rattan couch and chair. I always sit there with hubby and get a picture. :)

I Heart Disneyland!
03-31-2005, 12:09 AM
There's a little wooden bridge to the left of the castle than seems to attract the most beautiful of princesses. :p

Awwwww.....

sdfilmcritic
03-31-2005, 12:24 AM
Awwwww.....{sheepish grin} Aww, shucks.

{clears throat} Okay. Let's move on to the more manly topics, shall we?

Hi-Ho
03-31-2005, 09:29 AM

I have heard of Discovery Cove and have heard awesome things about it! It looks like so much fun! You know, one of those things to do while not in the parks and such!

We are going to be staying at Port Orleans Riverside...I havent stayed there as of yet only at the Contemporary...But I have heard that the rooms have been re-furbished?
Check out the D. Cove website. Swimming with dolphins was on my "life list of things to do", and it was incredible. www.discoverycove.com The best thing to do in Orlando (aside from Disney).

We have not stayed at Port Orleans...we stayed at Caribbean Beach Resort and really enjoyed it. You will have to let me know what you think of Port Orleans. We are hoping to do WDW this summer or over Christmas.

stan4d_steph
03-31-2005, 10:06 AM
Okay, I'm confused. Are we talking about DL or WDW?

justlittleoldme
03-31-2005, 10:13 AM
The stack of crates at the back of toontown. And the toon town park.

Hi-Ho
03-31-2005, 10:58 AM
Oops...sorry stan4d_steph. Sunfun94 and I got sidetracked. You are correct, the discussion is about DL!

sunfun94
03-31-2005, 10:22 PM
LOL... sorry bout that! :)

HTHgal12
04-01-2005, 06:15 AM

I stayed at POR last June and they were refurbishing one area of the hotel so that should be redone but I don't know about any of the other places. POR is neat and very pretty! It is more rustic than French Quarter I heard but I still liked it.