PDA

View Full Version : what's the 411 on spaces mountain

ILuVMiCkEy
03-30-2005, 01:01 PM
hey every 1 how's every 1 doing 2day i hope good will i wanted to know wha the 411 on spaces mountain an i cant wait till they open it an ill be the frist one in line to go on will if any one has info on spaces mountain i cant wait 2 hear from u peeps :p :) :fez:

bradk
03-30-2005, 01:08 PM
wow. umm. well. reopening day is currently scheduled to be july 15.

the launch will be dramatically different (but mechanically the same), the track is the same and at night, there will be color shows going on inside the mountain.

Disney Vault
03-30-2005, 03:50 PM
at night, there will be color shows going on inside the mountain.
I remember hearing about this but can't remember what it is called. Isn't something like Rock Mt. at night. However I heard it wont be doing that when it opens right away.

SoCalDisneyLover
03-30-2005, 05:41 PM
hey every 1 how's every 1 doing 2day i hope good will i wanted to know wha the 411 on spaces mountain an i cant wait till they open it an ill be the frist one in line to go on will if any one has info on spaces mountain i cant wait 2 hear from u peeps :p :) :fez:

Your profile says you're 19 years old, is that correct?

ILuVMiCkEy
03-30-2005, 06:23 PM
Your profile says you're 19 years old, is that correct?
yes y

disneyguy247
03-30-2005, 07:58 PM
because you need some serious grammar help

jon80flt
03-30-2005, 08:19 PM

I think it's the whole Text-Messaging concept... you have to learn a whole new lexicon because you input your messages with the twelve buttons on a phonepad... unfortunately, this shorthand is bleeding-over into traditional media.

My wife is a High School Administrator in Orange County and her district has had to put some pretty stringent rules on the students who accidentally use the shorthand... the problem is, the students don't realize that the use of the shorthand makes them look like blithering idiots... we all know they aren't, but, until they understand when to use the shorthand, and when not to, nobody will ever take what they say seriously. :crying:

Just a thought. :rolleyes:

Jon

disneyscott
03-30-2005, 08:36 PM

So Why isn't the b a B.....start of a sentence. Where is the period at the end? I see kettle black here.....hehehhehehehehheeh:~D :fez: :D

MsYumiBr
03-30-2005, 09:01 PM
Don't blame the poster for lack of typing skills. Don't forget about all the school cutbacks in the last 5 years or so. They probably took out the typing class which is taught in high school/jr high. I've seen CMs type on these boards just as badly, maybe worse. It doesn't truly reflect the person's intelligence. I consider the color and font change to be refreshing. :D

In response to the initial question, the new tracks are being moved in, or have been moved in, there's another thread on the boards about what kind of music people would like on the ride now that they may have solved the whole speaker system problem, the track will basically be the same, a more *realistic* asteroid will be installed, new and more numerous florescent tubes will be in the launch *warp*, and I am personally hoping for more speed now that they have new tracks and can pass inspections.

DisneyDustin22
03-30-2005, 10:30 PM
Don't blame the poster for lack of typing skills. Don't forget about all the school cutbacks in the last 5 years or so. They probably took out the typing class which is taught in high school/jr high. I've seen CMs type on these boards just as badly, maybe worse. It doesn't truly reflect the person's intelligence. I consider the color and font change to be refreshing. :D

I don't think schooling has anything to do with it. Any moron who has ever LOOKED at a newspaper, magazine, BOOK! Watched TV, a commercial, ANYTHING, should know that capital letters start a sentence, periods or some other puncuation ends it. And what is "spaceS mountain"? Is space claiming this mountain? Which so you would need an apostraphe. Space's Mountain, see? :D Personally, I like Splash's Mountain over Big Thunder's Mountain. If Matterhorn's Mountain thinks it has anything on Space's Mountain, it's sadly mistaken. But all in all, we can be glad that we're not talking about, Magic's Mountain. ;)

disneyguy247
03-30-2005, 11:56 PM
This is turning into a very entertaining thread. (notice the capitalization and punctuation and perfectly correct spelling in my post)

jon80flt
03-31-2005, 08:23 AM
(notice the capitalization and punctuation and perfectly correct spelling in my post)

Not so fast Disneyguy247... since you are asking a question, you need "?" at the end of your question. :eek: :D

scaeagles
03-31-2005, 08:30 AM
Do parenthetical remarks require puctuation? Also, he may have been telling you to notice it, not asking if you had noticed it. So for that reason alone perhaps he should have included either a period or a question mark in that parenthetical remark.

I do agree that it is a function of the current text and chat room messaging language. I don't like it, hate to read it, rarely use it (I say rarely because I do use the occasional abbreviation), but understand it is not a function of stupidity.

This forum, however, is not a those types of situations. I do think proper language skills should be used here, as the idea is to post a thought and have others respond. I think using the language as intended is the best way to accomplish this.

mystycalchyk
03-31-2005, 08:30 AM
Not so fast Disneyguy247... since you are asking a question, you need "?" at the end of your question. :eek: :D

Hmm. I didn't see it as a query, indeed, I saw it as a 'notice'. Although a period at the end would have been appropriate. :~D

Pot? Meet the kettle. ;)

mystycalchyk
03-31-2005, 08:31 AM
Do parenthetical remarks require puctuation? Also, he may have been telling you to notice it, not asking if you had noticed it. So for that reason alone perhaps he should have included either a period or a question mark in that parenthetical remark.

Doh! Simulpost!

HorizonsA
03-31-2005, 08:33 AM
Is this an English class now?

bradk
03-31-2005, 08:37 AM
i don't believe the period was needed at the end of the parenthetical remark. however, it should have been included in the original statement itself and had the period from that statement follow it.

and all this because some poor kid asked a question about a ride.

and before anyone questions my lack of capital letters, it's poetic license. i despise caps. i've spent a greater portion of my life trying to untrain myself to instinctively capitalize the word i (although admittedly, i've been known to relapse on occasion).

SoCalSteven
03-31-2005, 09:27 AM
(notice the capitalization and punctuation and perfectly correct spelling in my post)
You were fine until you got to here. That should be "the capitalization, punctuation, and perfectly correct spelling" instead. Not to mention the fact that perfectly correct is a redundant statement.

I'm 20, and I don't type in shorthand. Of course, my cel-phone has a full QWERTY keyboard. :p

bradk
03-31-2005, 09:33 AM
actually, unless things have changed within the past 25 years or so, it's more acceptable to not use a comma before the 'and' preceding the last item in a list. commas are needed to differentiate between a single item (e.g., peanut butter and jelly) and a list of individual items (e.g., peanut butter and jelly). the comma becomes redundant as the 'and' acts as a separator and already implies you're distinguishing between two items.

SoCalSteven
03-31-2005, 09:34 AM
Okay, that makes it "the capitalization, punctuation and perfectly correct spelling" then. :p

bradk
03-31-2005, 09:51 AM
by the way, prince (that is the artist formerly known as) has been using such shorthand in his music writing for decades, long before the popularity of the internet and cell phones. for example, the timeless classic 'nothing compares 2 u'

stan4d_steph
03-31-2005, 10:02 AM
Okay, so back on the subject of Space Mountain, if you do a search of this forum you'll find a whole bunch of threads on the subject.

Ride essentially the same with new technology replacing the old chain-driven "launch." Perhaps an upgrade of the projection technology inside the mt.

bradk
03-31-2005, 10:05 AM
i thought it was determined there's still a chain lift in place? that they're just changing the launch sequence to be 'disorienting,' but still the same mechanically.