PDA

View Full Version : Discount tickets?

Pirate Bill
03-30-2005, 09:57 AM
Hey all.. searched and couldn't find what I'm looking for. I recall somtime that AP holders can buy park-hopper tickets at a discounted rate (for friends/family). However, I can't find that info on the AP site. Was I smoking something when I heard this or is it fact? If the latter, how much are they for a 2-day hopper?

bradk
03-30-2005, 10:08 AM
i'm not sure AP holders can do that. if that were so, it would create a whole new marketplace for cheaper tix which I would hope I had known about.

as far as 2 day hoppers go, the regular price is $85 for children and $105 for adults. if there are adults going by 4/28, you can buy a 3 day hopper bonus for the adults at child prices in advance (at disneyland.com or a few particular stores). they'd be $109 and would include early entry for one day (only those with the hopper bonus can take advantage of that though) and a $10 ESPN game card - all worth it for $4 more.

wendyxo
03-30-2005, 10:56 AM
The AP newsletter has an offer in it for family & friends to buy a 2 day park hopper for 86 dollars (20 dollars off) . This is only valid from 5/5 - 6/17.

Pirate Bill
03-30-2005, 11:34 AM
Yeah, I saw that in the newsletter. Problem is, we're going this weekend. Maybe I'm thinking of something that they used to do where AP's could get cheaper tickets, but must also accompany the guests using them.

sunfun94
03-30-2005, 11:43 AM
I thought I had seen discounted tix for one day park hoppers for ap's ... is that still true?

bradk
03-30-2005, 11:44 AM
AP holders can buy a blockout ticket for $30 so they can get into the park on days they'd normally be blocked out.

sunfun94
03-30-2005, 11:45 AM
AP holders can buy a blockout ticket for $30 so they can get into the park on days they'd normally be blocked out.

can you purchase them though on a non blackout day? and can they be used by others (non aps)?

Darkbeer
03-30-2005, 11:55 AM
Blockout Passes are ONLY good for the AP holder (the pass has the name of the AP holder printed onit), and can only be bought on the day of use. They are not valid for any other person (aka guests).

Currently, there are no AP specials for tickets, as mentioned earlier, a new special starts May 5th.

You could always stop by a Good Neighbor Hotel and buy a 3 day or more ParkHopper at a discount. Or if you live in the right zip code (SoCal or BajaCal), the "Pay for DIsneyland, get DCA for FREE" is still on sale thru late April.

sunfun94
03-30-2005, 11:57 AM
Blockout Passes are ONLY good for the AP holder (the pass has the name of the AP holder printed onit), and can only be bought on the day of use. They are not valid for any other person (aka guests).

Currently, there are no AP specials for tickets, as mentioned earlier, a new special starts May 5th.

You could always stop by a Good Neighbor Hotel and buy a 3 day or more ParkHopper at a discount. Or if you live in the right zip code (SoCal or BajaCal), the "Pay for DIsneyland, get DCA for FREE" is still on sale thru late April.

Thanks for the info! Can you get the 2 fer deal and use both in the same day as before?

bradk
03-30-2005, 12:06 PM
Thanks for the info! Can you get the 2 fer deal and use both in the same day as before?

officially, no. unofficially, it's been said that it's very possible the CMs at the gates will let you in regardless. but you can't hop (obviously), so once it's used once at each park, it's done.

sunfun94
03-30-2005, 01:56 PM
Thanks Bradk! You have been most helpful!

evilchild666
04-01-2005, 08:06 PM
officially, no. unofficially, it's been said that it's very possible the CMs at the gates will let you in regardless. but you can't hop (obviously), so once it's used once at each park, it's done.

Actually 2 of my friends used both days of the 2fer tickets on the same day just last weekend and they were allowed to parkhop as much as they wanted.