PDA

View Full Version : memorial day weekend packed?

sleekmr2
03-30-2005, 07:30 AM
I am going to disneyland memorial day weekend. I have never been to Disneyland on a holiday weekend before. Has anyone been there before on memorial day weekend? We are planing to stay in Anaheim friday to monday. We will be getting a 2 day hopper for Saturday and Sunday. Can someone give me some insight on what to expect. I had a friend that went to Disneyland around Christmas and he told me it got so packed that Disneyland stopped letting people in. He said they would let 500 people leave then let 500 in. Would I be expecting that?

bradk
03-30-2005, 07:40 AM
that it gets to the point of park capacity, probably not. will it be busy? absolutely, almost beyond belief i'm sure. the friday before memorial day weekend is the last advised day to go prior to the summer.

weekends are already usually heavy because of locals. 3 day holiday weekends only enhances it.

Terri
03-30-2005, 08:04 AM
I'll be there that same weekend. We're staying at DLH (arriving Thurs) and are doing 3 days in the park - Friday, Sunday and Tuesday. Saturdays and Holidays are historically the busiest days, though Friday and Sunday should be also, especially Friday night.
You know...you go when you can...and you may want to consider Ridemax as an option...

sediment
03-30-2005, 08:51 AM
Memorial Day won't be as bad as the Sunday. Many outta-towners leave on Monday. And Friday before Memorial Day will be busy, as people like to extend three-days weekends into four to beat the crowds (now, too many people do that). Thursday should be that "last day before Summer" suggestion.
And even then, most schools don't get out until at least the first or second week in June, so there's a few good weekdays left.

bradk
03-30-2005, 09:13 AM
please allow me to clarify. the reason why i'd offer friday as the last day is because it's probably the only weekday that offers F! and fireworks.

if you put 2 or 3 days before that friday, you'd be good. i just would try to avoid the weekend portion of it if possible.

sleekmr2
03-30-2005, 09:54 AM
There are 16 of us going and this weekend was the best that we can do. Everyone goes to school and works. So this is the best time. If it were up to me I would have gone another date. Thanks for the info everyone.

bradk
03-30-2005, 10:03 AM
oy. a group of 16. all together or are you going to be breaking up into smaller groups? that's a whole other ballgame.

The old man
03-30-2005, 11:06 AM
You will have a very difficult time working with a group of 16 unless they break up into smaller groups. I believe that weekend is in the top five busiest weekends. Definitely get the Unofficial Guide book and sign up for Ridemax. As always you must arrive at the gate before park opening.

David

bradk
03-30-2005, 11:33 AM
re: ridemax, you'll be able to make up intineraries for as many groups as you can, but i wouldn't use it if you aren't breaking up into groups. not only can itineraries be a source of disagreements amongst people, but i would question its ability to reliably time out such a large group.

sleekmr2
04-07-2005, 07:32 AM
last we were there was in june 2004 with a group of 16 sometimes 24 when we met up with more people during the day but mainly 16. We were there for saturday and Sunday all day. I know it wasn't a holiday but it went well. I just hope we can still keep it the same. That trip was the best Disneyland Trip ever.

We took up a whole canoe with 16 of us and 4 strangers on the lake. We had awesome leaders and we were the last boat out and we raced the other canoes and came back first it was awesome. Everyone was syncronized and we smoked all the other boats. We also passed up the big white steam boat.

One of the best part about the race was when our leader told us the rules.

Rule #1 never ever stop rowing.

Rule # 2 never ever splash water at someone because the water is green.

We were laughing our butts off when I heard that. It was my favorite moment ever at Disneyland. Hopefully we can do it again when we go.

ksejr1
04-07-2005, 10:46 AM
I am going to disneyland memorial day weekend. I have never been to Disneyland on a holiday weekend before. Has anyone been there before on memorial day weekend? We are planing to stay in Anaheim friday to monday. We will be getting a 2 day hopper for Saturday and Sunday. Can someone give me some insight on what to expect. I had a friend that went to Disneyland around Christmas and he told me it got so packed that Disneyland stopped letting people in. He said they would let 500 people leave then let 500 in. Would I be expecting that?

It will be packed, but the only time i've experienced them closing off the park was new years eve. As long as you get your tickets early, you should be fine.