PDA

View Full Version : Crowded in September/October?

monique1968
03-30-2005, 04:42 AM
Hello,

We are planning our first trip to Disneyland. Can anyone tell me if it is very crowded late September/beginning of October?
Thanks
Monique

tinafromidaho
03-30-2005, 04:57 AM
try this site, you can look up attendance www.scottware.com.au/theme/features/crowds.htm
We are going Oct 3rd thru the 8th, looks like good attendance.

monique1968
03-30-2005, 05:07 AM
Great page
Thanks
Monique

03-30-2005, 05:13 AM
We went Oct. 6-10 (I think) last year. Perfect weather, not crowded. I'd pick early October as my favorite time to go to Disneyland

ima_mickeyfan
03-30-2005, 06:40 AM
i can't get the link to work for me...it keeps saying page is moved....help?! :(

hlbtimes2
03-30-2005, 07:24 AM
Try this one- looks like the "s" was added to the end of the word "feature" in the earlier link. http://www.scottware.com.au/theme/feature/crowds.htm

bradk
03-30-2005, 07:26 AM
rule of thumb: if kids are in school, it's a good time.

if at all possible, you should avoid weekends

most of DLR guests are locals, so weekends are opportune times for them to visit.

rain keeps them away almost completely so feb is probably best, but sept/oct should be great (except for labor day weekend, columbus day weekend, et al.)

Leash81
03-30-2005, 10:27 AM
I was trying to decide when to go in October as well and I am torn between early or late in the month. I live in Las Vegas so we get a 3 day weekend at the end of the month for Nevada day so I was thinking about going then since it is not a national holiday the crowds might be less. However I really want to do Mouseadventure since I have never done it before and from what I can tell that usually happens at the begining of the month. So I guess my real question is is Mouseadventure worth it?

CptJackSparrow
03-30-2005, 10:50 AM
We are planning on coming 10/9-10/14 and have heard it is a great time to enjoy small crowds. Growing up we always went in Oct., and even though I was not very old, I remember small crowds then. We took my 3 kids for the first time last Nov. and it was great. I expect Oct to be similar and possibly a little warmer at night. That was my first trip back in 15 years, and we hope to go back every year from now on. The kids, even though they are still pretty young, (6, 4, and 2) loved every minute of the 5 days spent there last year. Thanks for all the great advice on this board. This years trip will definitely be better due to the little things I have heard about on here.

itig
03-30-2005, 11:14 AM
I just booked for Nov 13-18, but that spike before/next to Thanksgiving now concerns me. I'm wondering if that represents the 19th-23rd, or the week I am planning on going.

Can anyone offer more detailed info on this? If needed, I'll move my reservations back a week. I just want to be sure to catch the Christmas overlays/decorations, which I believe are in place by November 5th.

hlbtimes2
03-30-2005, 11:27 AM
Thanksgiving is the 24th this year. I believe the spike would be for around the 23-27th. Many people will be using the 4 day weekend for a visit.

itig
03-30-2005, 12:04 PM
Thanksgiving is the 24th this year. I believe the spike would be for around the 23-27th. Many people will be using the 4 day weekend for a visit.

That's what I was hoping. Can anyone confirm the Christmas decorations and overlays are in place by December 5th?

Thanks!

bradk
03-30-2005, 12:08 PM
all holiday decorations should be done by thanksgiving (they're completed throughout november), which is why the week after thanksgiving is a great time to go since you get all that and very low crowds. the only thing you'll be missing by 12/5 is probably the christmas parade (not sure when that will start, or even what the exact plan is this year for it).

itig
03-30-2005, 12:09 PM
all holiday decorations should be done by thanksgiving (they're completed throughout november), which is why the week after thanksgiving is a great time to go since you get all that and very low crowds. the only thing you'll be missing by 12/5 is probably the christmas parade (not sure when that will start, or even what the exact plan is this year for it).

Shoot...I meant by November 5th (not December).

bradk
03-30-2005, 12:13 PM
by 11/5, i kind of doubt EVERYTHING will be done, but i could very well be wrong. both IASW and HM will have their overlays done (IASW is actually scheduled to reopen on 11/4). there will most definitely be no christmas parade at that time.

BTW, POTC is scheduled to be closed from 10/3 - 12/13. for what, i don't know. must be something big though.

hlbtimes2
03-30-2005, 12:17 PM
BTW, POTC is scheduled to be closed from 10/3 - 12/13. for what, i don't know. must be something big though.

NOOOOOOO!!!!! That cant be. Please say it isnt true. We are planning to be there Oct. 13-17.

itig
03-30-2005, 12:19 PM
by 11/5, i kind of doubt EVERYTHING will be done, but i could very well be wrong. both IASW and HM will have their overlays done (IASW is actually scheduled to reopen on 11/4). there will most definitely be no christmas parade at that time.

Thanks Brad...that's a big help! Hopefully everthing will be up when we get there on 11/13 :) At least IASW will be good to go...my kids love it and it's really fun at Christmas.

That's a bummer about POTC. One of my favorites and I hate to miss it. I'm really looking forward to the updated space mountain. That'll make up for POTC being closed :)

Thanks again!

CptJackSparrow
03-30-2005, 01:26 PM
Why isn't pirates listed in the weekly updates if it is known it will be closed? My kids will be disappointed if it really is the case when we are there--we will miss it by a week.

bradk
03-30-2005, 01:35 PM
visionsfantastic has it listed, but riderefurbs does not.

which is funny since riderefurbs has tough to be a bug listed and visionsfantastic does not.

Disney Downunder
03-30-2005, 09:13 PM
Hello,

We are planning our first trip to Disneyland. Can anyone tell me if it is very crowded late September/beginning of October?
Thanks
Monique

We were there last year from the 18 -23 September. Weather was warm to hot, but not too hot to make it uncomfortable in the park. But hot enough for plenty of pool time.

Crowds weren't a problem but a lot of referbs going on then, preparing for 2005. Every ride a walk on. Didn't need to use fastpass once. Longest wait was Peter Pan at night. POTC straight on. Splash, straight on. Indie, straight on.

HM was being set up for halloween, so wasn't open when we were there which was a bit of a bummer as we came all the way from Australia and this was the ride we all wanted to do the most!

uvsc_wolverine
03-30-2005, 10:04 PM
I was there last October (Wednesday-Thursday-Friday leading up to Halloween). The crowds were very light, the weather was wonderful, and there were Christmas decorations up in the back alleys of NOS (and HMH was going too).

bradk
03-31-2005, 11:53 AM
re: POTC refurbs.

i came across some info on the VF boards. evidently what is being done is the sound system for pirates is being upgraded (switched to digital/stereo).

also, rumors abound that thanks to the movie, there will be a different night time version of POTC.

rumor details here: http://www.jimhillmedia.com/mb/articles/showarticle.php?ID=1263

itig
03-31-2005, 12:17 PM
re: POTC refurbs.

i came across some info on the VF boards. evidently what is being done is the sound system for pirates is being upgraded (switched to digital/stereo).

also, rumors abound that thanks to the movie, there will be a different night time version of POTC.

rumor details here: http://www.jimhillmedia.com/mb/articles/showarticle.php?ID=1263

I'm a POTC purist, but I actually think this is kind cool. If they leave the original in place, I wouldn't mind being able to have a different experience available. The biggest problem I see is making sure you hit the ride at the right time if you have younger kids. But, that doesn't even seem like a huge deal to me.