PDA

View Full Version : DL vs. MK capacity

Disney Vault
03-29-2005, 05:51 PM
I asked this in a thread in the WDW forum but thought it would get more attention here. I know the MK is larger than DL in size and path way size, but DL has more attractions. So which of the theme parks has a larger capacity before they close the gate?

bradk
03-29-2005, 06:10 PM
for whatever reason, disney is fairly tight-lipped when it comes to those sorts of numbers.

guesstimates for the capacity for the MK/DL range between 75K-80K. A popular figure for WDW is that the combined capacity for MK/EPCOT/MGM is 225,000. MK/WDW has been known to have ~125K people in it at once, but the practising capacity is estimated to be around 90K-100K.

marktips
03-29-2005, 07:06 PM
Eddie Sotto said 80-90k for MK, 110-120max for Epcot. That's all he said sadly :(

charpaul
03-30-2005, 05:54 AM
I don't know about the capacity for any of the WDW parks - but I do know that DL capacity changes depending on number of attractions that are opperational on a given day. Smaller capacity when less attractions are open - especially "E" ticket ones.
Over Easter weekend 65,000 people in the park caused a "soft close" meaning anyone who had a hand stamp could get back in - otherwise it was temporarily closed for new entry. (GET A HANDSTAMP ON A BUSY DAY EVEN IF YOU ARE AN AP HOLDER!!)
When all the attractions are up and running I have heard the figure of 75,000 used for a closure target - but am not sure how reliable that is. I also have heard that there are three levels of capacity closure - "Soft" being the first.

I think that the park can handle more than 75,000 - but it all depends on what is available for guests to do once they are inside.

bradk
03-30-2005, 07:24 AM
they do usually act proactively to try to prevent a full capacity situation. i've read at WDW, they will close the parking lot when capacity reaches 60,000.