PDA

View Full Version : Does Maynard still work at disneyland?

my2princesses
03-29-2005, 05:26 PM
I've heard a lot about a cast member named Maynard. Does anyone know if he still works at DL? If so, at what attraction?

Thanks

bradk
03-29-2005, 05:29 PM
yes, he does (and he sparks a lot of conversation on here at that, so don't be surprised to find this thread turned into 5 pages overnight).

last i heard, he was doing fantasmic! guest control. there's been some murmurs about him returning to the enchanted tiki room, but others are quick to silence said murmurs.

rentayenta
03-29-2005, 05:46 PM
Yes! We saw him for the first time doing crowd control during F!. He was Fantastic!

tod
03-29-2005, 07:25 PM
Yeah, I saw him on a raft getting ready to leave Tom Sawyer Island as The Lovely Mrs. tod and I took a sunset cruise. A couple of suits and a lot of people in the John Belushi Memorial Fantasmic Crowd Control Costume.

One guy says, not exactly yelling but not quiet either, "Jump! I'll catch you" to guests on the passing ship. I look down, see him. Dark hair, low part and comb-over, and I see "MAYNARD" on the name tag.

He then started doing a little hula-hula dance on the raft as we went by.

He's ba-ack...

--t

Deogge's Mom
03-29-2005, 07:40 PM
Darkbeer and I ran into Maynard doing crowd control at DCA a couple of weeks ago.

He stated that he probably won't be returning to the Tiki Room.

I Heart Disneyland!
03-29-2005, 09:03 PM
He stated that he probably won't be returning to the Tiki Room.

From the last Maynard thread, I would guess this is, as Martha would say, "A good thing!"

bradk
03-29-2005, 09:07 PM
well, according to the last thread about him on LP.com, he would be missed by quite a few at tiki. we know certain people's take on him, but he's still the high point of many people's trips. it seemed the general concensus that he was no good at JC tho.

SoCalSteven
03-30-2005, 12:24 AM
I saw him Sunday night working GC for the first showing of Fantasmic. He had quite the blank look on his face at the time.

PapiBear
03-30-2005, 12:26 AM
When encouraging him to eat his oatmeal, does anyone say to him, "Good STUFF, Maynard!"? :geek:

my2princesses
03-30-2005, 11:29 AM
He sounds so funny! I'm glad he is still working at DLR. I hope we get a chance to see him:) Anyone else care to share their stories about maynard?

Thanks

DisneyDustin22
03-30-2005, 12:12 PM
<---- here is a pic of myself and maynard, last time i saw him, doing crowd control in frontierland. we always get together for a goofy picture when I see him.

Merm8fan
04-06-2005, 12:48 PM
We just saw him (and had a nice "visit" with several of his personalities) last week on Fantasmic crowd control just in front of the raft boarding area. Seriously, he flat out performed for about 10 minutes, dancing with a stroller and everything. I tried getting video, but it was way too dark. I did get some cute still pictures, though.

My sister had never seen him before, and she just about peed her pants. Because we were from Hawaii (growing up, at least) he did his "Menehune Water" voice-over for us that he apparently just did for a radio spot. It was so funny, I lapsed into my braying-turkey laugh that I try not to use in public... oh, well.

I, too, have read the differing opinions on Maynard here. I have to admit that my personality (just one for me, thanks!) is quite like his, and I appreciate his enthusiasm and enjoyment of making people laugh.