PDA

View Full Version : We're back -- 3/18 --24/05

Hawaiian Cinderella
03-29-2005, 05:13 PM
I was thinking about all of you while we were up there and want to thank you for all of your suggestions and advice. I wasn't going to write a report since I have a lot of catching up to do at work but I LOVE reading the ones posted here so I must return the favor....this will probably be given in spurts if I need to do something or run out of time......

First off we were relocated from the Carousel at the last minute to the Annabella. The room had a musty smell that just wouldn't go away, maybe too because it was a smoking room but the smell eventually went away at the end of our trip..or maybe it was because I grew immune to it. Beds were not really firm, pillows were flat. In the middle of our stay there they changed the bedspreads and you could tell that they were just laundered. What a surprise after we checked in, they delievered free breakfast vouchers for each day of our stay. We did not use it except for one morning. The breakfast buffet was really good. The exterior of the property was nice but didn't spend much time there as we were gone from the morning until late in the evening each day. My husband loved how the Annabella was really peaceful compared to the hotels on Harbor because it is filled mostly with older business people. We tried walking on our first day there, up Disneyland Drive, cut thru the Grand Californina thru downtown disney...not too bad but it started raining that day and got REALLY cold (or REALLY cold compare to Hawaii) so we walked back to the Annabella, changed clothes and drove our rent a car and parked it in the parking structure...which we did there after each day that we visited Disneyland. All in all the motel was ok. Wouldn't pay more than the $59 that we got...the room wasn't great, shower had low water pressure and if you are over 5'7" I think your head would hit the shower head....plus that musty smell......Also, in one of the manager's email to me he stated that the Carousel would include two, two day ART tickets. When I went to the front desk they went in the back then came out and said that they did not say that and I would have to speak to the Carousel. Luckily I had a copy of the email in my room and showed it to them the next morning and got the ART tickets that my husband used once but the driver never punched.....Do you think we could save this for our trip next March????

Oh well....sorry that this is getting lengthy.....Everthing is kinda mushed together in my memory so I will probably write just about the highlights of each day.....

Day 1 -- Friday March 18

First ride was Indy. DH and DD never rode it before and I had only ridden it once. DD didn't like it at all -- too dark and DH said "not bad." In the room with the rats the lady in back of me said RATS...oh and it smells like rats too...I didn't smell anything but DH said that it did smell like rats....

Had a 9:50 priority seating for the Princess Breakfast at the Plaza Inn....WHAT A HUGE RIP OFF and disappointment for my DD....I am still really upset about this!! We went because they advertise this as a breakfast with Cinderella and the Fairy Godmother. Cinderella is DD's favorite character and she was looking forward to seeing her AND the fairy godmother....well BOTH of them never showed up. When I complained to one of the workers he said...oh Cinderella had to get ready for the Royal Celebration...what a LAME excuse. DD, a girl at the next table about her same age and another little girl dressed as Snow White spent a majority of the breakfast staring out of the window at Mary Poppins, Bert and Aladdin out on the patio (who NEVER came inside). After 1 hour Snow White and Jasmine came by but THAT WAS IT!!!!! Food was HORRIBLE (potatos had that rancit oil taste), lines were long and service was with a BAD ATTITUDE!!!! Even the parents at the next table were complaining to eachother and the wife shrugged at me as they were leaving.

Oh I better get ready to go home....more tomorrow including....my DD...at 6 years old and 49" (she's big for her age)....rode her NEW FAVORITE ride...Ca. Screamin' 16 times!!!!! :eek:

Crazy4DL
03-29-2005, 05:22 PM
Hello - it is so much fun to read this reports!! Thank you for spending your time doing one. We weren't overly impressed with the Annabella either - like you said not totally awful but not as nice as it looked like from the pictures. I can't decide whether or not to just forget about the Princess breakfast - that we were going to try in August - or not. Other posters have said the same things you were saying????? Well - will look forward to more installments :D :D

Hawaiian Cinderella
03-30-2005, 10:16 AM
Day 1, March 18 con't

lines weren't very long that day mostly 30 minute waits i think that was due to the drizzling. at about 9:00 in the morning i had my dd and dh stand in line at indy and i went to splash to get fast passes...indy was almost a walk on. they had to wait for me by the instruction video so i wouldn't miss them.

after that rip off of a breakfast we rode splash, big thunder, small world, roger rabbit, matterhorn and buzz. buzz was great and it was fun (it was especially funny because we didn't know where the camera's were so the expressions on our face were soooo funny) to see your pictures at the end and email it home. the animatronic buzz in the que is neat and my dh had to take a double take to see if it was real or a robot. we also saw the 3:00 snow white which my dd enjoyed but it is not as good as aladdin. it was starting to get especially cold because of the rain so we walked back to the hotel to change to warmer clothes. the walk to the annabella isn't bad but after a looong day and especailly in the rain it seems longer. we changed really fast, got the car, ate at mimi's (yum-- my dh's favorite place) and parked it in the parking structure. my dd's next mission was to ride ca screamin. the wait was 45 minutes so my dd and dh decided to wait (ride #1). After the ride my dh was raving about it and my dd was yelling AGAIN!!!! but my dh said the wait was too long and that we had many more days at disneyland. then i think we rode mullholland twice and jumping jellyfish..then DCA was closing so we left and went back to our hotel.

Day 2, Saturday. March 19

We met up with my cousin who flew in from Hawaii on Friday and they have a dd that is the same age as my dd and also a ds who is 3. We took the kids to the Long Beach Aquarium. The Aquarium was well worth it. They kids REALLY enjoyed it and it was VERY educational for them. Hawaii should make an Aquarium like this. It is so sad that we are in the middle of the pacific and we have a very small and dinky aquarium...visitors must laugh when they see it. That evening no disney :( we had a family get together at my cousin's house in Fountain Valley.

Day 3, Sunday, March 20

This morning we started off meeting at 9:00 at Goofy's Kitchen. Food was great as usual.....I just love that pepper crusted smoked salmon. They also had this creme brulee french toast that was to die for....Character interaction was great i think we saw, snow white, goofy, dale, max....this character meal was a 100% improvement over the princess breakfast in food, atmosphere, and SERVICE...we always go to goofy's when we are at dl but will NEVER go to that princess breakfast again. my cousin, his wife and his 2 kids and my dd walked to dl while my dh and i parked our car in the parking structure. we met at the fountain by world of disney. my dd didn't ride screamin that day because her cousin is only about 42 inches so she wanted to ride whatever she could ride. they rode splash 2 times, big thunder a couple of times, star tours, small world, tried to go on buzz but the fast passes were all gone and the stand by line was too long...and i can't remember what else they rode. I know that on this trip we didn't ride any fantasyland rides except the carousel....

anyway... i have to do something for my boss now.....i'll bore you with more details later. :fez:

rentayenta
03-30-2005, 10:20 AM
Thanks for the report!

I love the Long Beach Aquarium too! I am sorry the Princess Breakfast sucked. This is the second time that I have heard this. :( I think I am going to have to opt for the Lilo and Stitch breakfast when we are there in December.

Mukta
03-30-2005, 10:21 AM
Sounds great so far. I'm gald you enjoyed the aquarium. I live here in Long Beach and I just visited it for the first time. I loved the Jellyfish exhibit and the camoflauge fish. It's no Sea World, but it was a fun day trip.

bradk
03-30-2005, 10:30 AM
we also saw the 3:00 snow white which my dd enjoyed but it is not as good as aladdin.

what's funny is, i think it's actually often recommended to see snow white first for just that reason - that it may appear to be a disappointment after seeing aladdin (just based on comparison). (i might have gotten the recommendation backwards, but i'm pretty sure that's how it goes).

Earkid
03-30-2005, 05:36 PM
Keep the reports coming when you have the time HC. Lovin' them.

Hakuna Makarla
03-30-2005, 05:49 PM
Love the report!! keep it coming!!!!

Hawaiian Cinderella
03-31-2005, 02:13 PM
what's funny is, i think it's actually often recommended to see snow white first for just that reason - that it may appear to be a disappointment after seeing aladdin (just based on comparison). (i might have gotten the recommendation backwards, but i'm pretty sure that's how it goes).

We saw Aladdin in 2003 and in 2004. We went again this year because my Auntie was with us and she had never seen the show. Last year we tried to get into Snow White but was cut off as soon as we reached the front of the theatre. On that 2004 trip the lines were going into Toontown so we never made it in. My cousin who works for DL told me that she'd get me VIP seating this year so that we could see the show.

Hawaiian Cinderella
03-31-2005, 02:14 PM
Love the report!! keep it coming!!!!

Karla...I am often thinking that your time is coming!!! I am soooo excited and happy for you...HAVE THE TIME OF YOUR LIFE GIRL!!!!!

TP2000
03-31-2005, 02:25 PM
You know, I don't think I've ever read a trip report that had positive things to say about the Princess Breakfast thing at the Plaza Inn. Everyone seems to have bad service, crummy food, and lots of problems getting a Princess to come to their table. Perhaps the Plaza Inn folks just aren't cut out for this sort of expensive dining experience? It's not exactly sending a man to Mars, but somehow the Plaza Inn can't manage to get this Princess breakfast thing right if you read all of the TR's that mention it. For 25 bucks a pop, you would think they would at least know how to cook a decent breakfast for people.

Great TR though! Keep it coming!

Hawaiian Cinderella
03-31-2005, 03:57 PM
BOY AM I IN THE POST DL/VACATION DEPRESSION MODE.....can't wait to go back...how many more days (see below)...how DEPRESSING.

anyway..this trip report is good therapy so here goes.....

one more thing about Day 2 -- after the aquarium we went to the disney character warehouse. it was ok. i bought a v neck t-shirt for myself that had disneyland and a mickey embroidered in the middle that was still selling at the resort for double the price, my dd picked out a purple (her favorite color) minnie mouse t-shirt and we bought about 8 boxes of chocolates (2 large and 6 small) to bring home for family and my dd's class that was selling for DOUBLE at the world of disney.....i was wondering the whole time -- what was wrong with the chocolates and how come they were half price but i guess they were ok because i questioned my dd when she told me that she shared a box with her class. she said they were delish...but then again ANYTHING CHOCOLATE is GREAT to kids...they still had the original price on the back ($9 for the small and I think $16 for the large) which I left on the back.

DAY 3, Sunday, March 20 -- con't

We just stayed on the DL side of the park this day. We also rode pirates and haunted mansion (which my dd hates but just rode it because her cousin was there) and the kids also went to tarzan's treehouse. We had an early dinner at Rainforest Cafe which we had no wait -- partly because it was early and partly because we agreed to sit on the patio -- boy was it freezing. Food was good for once -- maybe we ordered the wrong thing the other two times we went. I had that $10 strawberry margarita in the souvenier glass that was one of the best i ever tasted. we were going to catch the monorail back to tomorrowland but after we took our seat they said that the monorail had to be evacuated and would be closed down so we had to walk back to the park. that night we saw the fireworks right outside of tomorrowland across from the hub. it was beautiful as i had never seen the fireworks from inside the park before...however i do remember them having a better show when we saw it from the esplenade in 2003.

DAY 4, Monday, March 21

Today we drove down to Legoland. My DD was still talking about riding ca. screamin again so my dh told her i'll tell you what, when we get back, if we're not too tired, i'll take you to dca to ride it. i was thinking i don't think so, we'll be sooo tired when we get back. This was our second time at legoland, we went the last time in 2003 when my dd was 4-1/2. she enjoyed it more the last time and really didn't enjoy it as much this time -- must be because of ca screamin. she said they had mostly "baby rides." we went to the carlsbad outlets to shop and didn't get back to anaheim until dca was closing.

DAY 5, Tuesday, March 22

Today we went to Knotts Berry Farm. My dd enjoyed this park much more than Legoland. She didn't ride any of the coasters though because she wanted to ride the rides with her 2 cousins. They rode all of the rides in Camp Snoopy and the mine train ride. my dd, dh also went on the log ride which her cousin chickened out on the last minute. We walked to the glass shop where my dd loved watching the man make things out of glass. she bought a couple of souveniers from that shop and it started to rain so we left. my cousin and his family went shopping at south coast plaza while we went back to the hotel to change to warm clothes. my dd and dh were on a mission to ride ca screamin and i thought they were nuts because it was pouring at times and i could hear thunder and see lightning. we took the car to the mickey and friend's parking structure and a sea of blue ponchos were pouring out of the trams at the structure and us and a couple of other NUTSOs were getting in the tram to go to disneyland. we headed straight to world of disney to buy each of us those $7 ponchos then went to dca. while we were waiting for my dh i told my dd, lets ride tower of terror. she said no that she didn't want to (i think she hates the name and it sounds too much like haunted mansion). i told her, if you ride tower of terror, i'll ride ca screamin with you. my dd said, mommy, i wouldn't want to make you ride something that you didn't want to. it's ok if you don't want to ride the rollercoaster :eek: i was speechless....haha....as soon as we got into dca the three of us headed straight for ca screamin. there was NO LINE because we were one of the few MENTALS at the park. my dd rode it 11 times in a row!!! 10 times with my dh and 1 with me. my dh said that coaster was the best he's ever been on and soooo smooth and felt so safe that i would have to give it a try. long time ago, after i rode that new york new york coaster in las vegas i swore that i would NEVER ride one again...but i got on. it was smooth but i was sooo scared i had my eyes closed and head covered the whole time!! (we got that picture)...my dd doesn't even scream and only laughs at me when i do. the blast off is the worse, i felt my stomach coming up to my throat! my dh and dd were having a blast riding it sooo many times but i told them they may as well take advantage because you'd never know when you could ride it sooooo many times again as it may be really crowded on our last day there. my dh said my dd even asked the worker if she could ride in the front car so they let them on one of their last rides for the evening. after dd's 11 rides on scremin we went to ca soarin which had a 30 minute wait and rode that before leaving the park. our jeans were soaked to the thighs but we drove to mimi's for dinner.

Day 6, Wednesday, March 23

OUR LAST DAY we woke up and took advantage of the free breakfast offered to us from the annabella. it was good. they had a buffet with omlets made to order, stir fried potatoes, french toast, pancakes, waffles, sausage, bacon, fruits, yogurt, cereal, orange juice and coffee. After that we got in our car and parked it in the mickey and friends and headed straight to dca so my dd and dh could ride screamin and get fast passes to ride it again later. my cousin and his family were in disneyland and were riding all of the fantasyland rides which my daughter didn't really care to ride this time. they said they would meet us after they took a nap at their hotel. dca was crowded that day. we got there at 10:00 and stood in line past the c-a-l-i-f-o-r-n-i-a letters to get in!! i have NEVER seen it this crowded before! my dh and dd went straight to screamin which had a 45 minute wait, rode it and made me STAND IN LINE to get them fast passes. my dd wanted to ride grizzly river run but the wait was at 70 minutes. i told them i'd get fast passes but my dh told me, you can't because our fast passes for screamin aren't up yet. i told him that i could because it was a disconnected machine....i did get the fast passes then he asked me how i knew that...i told him..ummm..i read it on the internet :geek: ...if he ever found out how much time i spend at this site reading everything he would for sure think i was disney koo-koo. my dd wanted to eat a corndog so my dh stood in line at the corn dog castle for over 30 minutes!!!..that line was long but it was well worth the wait -- BEST that i ever tasted!! after that their fast pass were up for screamin so they rode it and made me get more fast passes so they could ride it AGAIN. i figured that i wasn't going to ride so they had a extra fast pass each time we pulled some so they could actually ride it 2 more times before we left (making it 4 times for that last day)...that made those two ca screamin' mentals happy when i told them that :rolleyes: after that we went to the pacific wharf area and i drank a strawberry margarita (junk) and my dh drank a beer (he said he threw 1/2 of it away didn't like the taste). my dd and i caught most of the ugly bugs ball performance (junk) then we went on the tortilla and bakery tour -- both were really interesting and we bought a mickey mouse sour dough bread to take home. we then headed to grizzly and my dd and i rode it with this nice bunch of people. we all introduced ourselves and the one boy about 8 or 9 couldn't stop screaming which was really funny and i couldn't get my daughter to HANG ON :rolleyes: while we were going up on the ride my cell rang and it was my cousin who were on their way to meet us so were wondering where we were. when we got off the ride they had found my dh and were waiting there with him. we headed to the hollywood area for our 4:50 VIP seating for Aladdin and to meet my mom and auntie who were going to spend the evening with us in the park. on the way to Aladdin we say mr. incredible, elastigirl and frozone so got autographs and pictures for the kids-- just a side note -- we didn't see too many characters in the park like i've been reading in someother reports -- my dd didn't get to see mulan so that was a bit of a disappointment -- Aladdin was great as usual. my dh had to go back to the hotel because i had forgotton something that i needed there, he didn't feel like watching aladdin for the 3rd time anyway. after the show my mom and auntie headed off to see if they could get on soarin (which they did) and said they would meet us at 7:30 for our priority seating for the trattoria. we met my dh at the animation building. we had never done this before but i wanted to try it since reading about it here. there were no characters in the building :( but the kids really enjoyed seeing how the cartoons are made and we all had fun taking the test in the beast's library. my dh was aladdin, i was jane, my dd and her cousin were nala, my cousin was shea kahn his wife was cinderella and i think their ds was peter pan. after that we headed to bugs land and saw it's tough to be a bug. we all enjoyed the show but i think my dh enjoyed it the most sitting by me and seeing how i reacted to everything :rolleyes: they kids rode the choo choo train and the lady bug boogie -- that ride IS ROUGH when it changes onto the next surface -- i remembered reading about that here...we then met up with my mom and auntie at the trattoria for dinner. we got seats right along the wall so that we could eat dinner and watch the electric light parade from our seats. funny that they don't have heaters installed at this restaurant -- the waiter said it is in the works-- so we were FREEZING. food was good but the only pasta they had was lasagna in different sauces and sandwiches. we had a great view of the parade because they rope off the walkway to the restaurant so no one can stand there and block your view. after dinner it was off to disneyland for our 10:30 fantasmic show. on our way out of dca we saw the end of the fireworks right above the golden gate bridge -- too bad i didn't have my camera ready it was BEAUTIFUL. we went threw adventureland on our way to fantasmic and spent some time in the stores to try and warm up. my dd and her cousin had fun playing with aladdin's lamp.
we got balcony seats and the view was PERFECT except yeah, i did notice the light from the projector from up there-- also remember reading that here :p ...but we saw the mass of people below and were happy that we didn't have to be in the middle of that AND have to sit there for a couple of hours prior to get seats...that was the BEST way to see the show!! after the show my cousin said it was up to nicole (my dd) to ride whatever she wanted because this was her last night ...i felt REALLY sad and teary eyed at that point that our vacation was coming to an end. my dd, dh and i rode pirates together and i noticed all the gum under the bridge -- something else that i learned from mouseplanet....after pirates my dd, her cousin, my cousin's wife and i rode big thunder 3 times in a row (that ride is more my speed -- my dh and i think it feels like they slowed it down and it feels much smoother since the accidents -- but everytime i get on it i can't help but think of all that has happened on it and a couple of times when we were directed to ride in the fron i though -- YIKES). by then the park was closing and dd started crying and saying that she didn't want to leave disneyland. i felt my eyes watering up and i told her not to be sad because she was making me sad too...i told her that we'd be back next year and that we could look forward to that. as we were walking down mainstreet i felt REALLY SAD and took one look back at the castle.

Thursday, March 24

As we were getting ready to go to the airport at 6:00 a.m. in the morning. i was busy helping my dh and i heard my dd crying while sitting on the toilet. i went to see what was wrong ...she was saying....I DON'T WANT TO LEAVE DISNEYLAND...i felt the same way.....

Hope you are still with me.....if you made it this far...thanks for reading this.

Hawaiian Cinderella
03-31-2005, 04:12 PM
oh a couple of things that i forgot...on our first day there...march 18, my dd bought her pair of golden mouse ears from the madhatter....they are really nice...my cousin who works at dl said they just took it out....I tried a mint julep...i liked it -- maybe i was thirsty but my cousin's wife said it tasted kinda like lemonade with splash of scope.....and i bought my dd a popcorn in the bucket as per reading about it here and it really is great and kept the popcorn fresh for days....could i have gotten free refills with the bucket???

and....drum roll please.....i think my dh is FINALLY enjoying dl and SAID that he wished we were there for a day or two longer AND that it was a REALLY GOOD vacation and that he is looking forward to next year!!! :fez:

Crazy4DL
03-31-2005, 04:19 PM
I read it straight through - was so much fun to read. We always feel the same way that last night at DL :crying: - I keep looking back trying to imprint the castle on my mind :) I am so glad you all had such a good time. Thanks for sharing your time and memories with all of us.

Crazy4DL
03-31-2005, 04:21 PM
and....drum roll please.....i think my dh is FINALLY enjoying dl and SAID that he wished we were there for a day or two longer AND that it was a REALLY GOOD vacation and that he is looking forward to next year!!! :fez:

yeahhhh! maybe all those Scream'n trips blasted the magic in;) :D

Hawaiian Cinderella
03-31-2005, 04:26 PM
You know, I don't think I've ever read a trip report that had positive things to say about the Princess Breakfast thing at the Plaza Inn. Everyone seems to have bad service, crummy food, and lots of problems getting a Princess to come to their table. Perhaps the Plaza Inn folks just aren't cut out for this sort of expensive dining experience? It's not exactly sending a man to Mars, but somehow the Plaza Inn can't manage to get this Princess breakfast thing right if you read all of the TR's that mention it. For 25 bucks a pop, you would think they would at least know how to cook a decent breakfast for people.

Great TR though! Keep it coming!

my cousin who works at dl told me that i should put in a complaint....i meant to but somehow could never find the time...i wonder if i could after the fact??? the thought of my daughter and the little girl at the next table, spending 90% of the time looking out of the window, staring at the character's out on the patio, just breaks my heart.

Hawaiian Cinderella
03-31-2005, 04:35 PM
yeahhhh! maybe all those Scream'n trips blasted the magic in;) :D

thank you for your compliments...i wanted to live thru my vacation again. i also enjoy disneyland when i'm not there thru the other trip reports that i read here.

last night my dd told my dh...GET READY SCREAMERS.... (that whole speech that they recite before they blast you off on ca screamin) -- I guess after 16 times she would know what they say.... :rolleyes:

kohl
03-31-2005, 06:51 PM
Thursday, March 24

As we were getting ready to go to the airport at 6:00 a.m. in the morning. i was busy helping my dh and i heard my dd crying while sitting on the toilet. i went to see what was wrong ...she was saying....I DON'T WANT TO LEAVE DISNEYLAND...i felt the same way.....

We go 2 or 3 times a year for at least 5 days and every time we leave both my kids (they are 9 and almost 7) get sad and cry. We all don't want to leave! I never like the drive home, but LOVE the drive there.
Thanks for such a great report. We are all excited for our upcoming trip!

MsYumiBr
03-31-2005, 08:19 PM
Thanks for your great trip report! I'm so happy to hear that even with all the not so good stuff that happened, it also didn't keep you from being totally sad about going home. I can totally relate to the sadness you felt about leaving. We went there for my birthday for 3 days at the end of February and somehow I felt cheated! It was a kind of last minute trip, it rained every day, and we actually stayed at DLH for the first time instead of at relative's house or hotel near relative's house. It was so close to a real vacation that I really didn't want to leave, and neither did my family. So, I planned part 2 of our family vacation in July, the week after the big 50th. DLH was sold out for the 17th so we are arriving on the 22 and staying for 4 nights! We'll get to enjoy the missing elements of our last trip; lines, crowds, sunshine, heat, the smell of sunscreen, street entertainers at every corner, fireworks and Fantasmic! and best of all, all of the rides will be open! I can't wait to wait 4 hours in line to ride Space Mountain. Maybe we won't have to wait 4 hours because of the AAA package we got, but I'm so willing to do it. It's my personal favorite ride other than POTC. It helps to pass the time between by planning for the next trip. You may have a lot of time in between, but it's also a lot of time to plan and get ideas on how to make it even more special for your family. A lot can change at the parks in a year. Maybe with the influx of money from the 50th, we can only hope they will invest the money into making more magic in our California parks, just in time for your next visit!

Zigen
04-01-2005, 09:17 AM
Had a 9:50 priority seating for the Princess Breakfast at the Plaza Inn....WHAT A HUGE RIP OFF and disappointment for my DD....I am still really upset about this!! We went because they advertise this as a breakfast with Cinderella and the Fairy Godmother. Cinderella is DD's favorite character and she was looking forward to seeing her AND the fairy godmother....well BOTH of them never showed up. When I complained to one of the workers he said...oh Cinderella had to get ready for the Royal Celebration...what a LAME excuse. DD, a girl at the next table about her same age and another little girl dressed as Snow White spent a majority of the breakfast staring out of the window at Mary Poppins, Bert and Aladdin out on the patio (who NEVER came inside). After 1 hour Snow White and Jasmine came by but THAT WAS IT!!!!! Food was HORRIBLE (potatos had that rancit oil taste), lines were long and service was with a BAD ATTITUDE!!!! Even the parents at the next table were complaining to eachother and the wife shrugged at me as they were leaving.

I had the same exprience with the princess breakfast.... It's the worst, i hate seeing a lot of these posts on this board about PB and I know there are a ton of other people out there that have the same exprience as we did.

I called the CS number (714) 781-7290 and complain a week or 2 after we went. I wasn't looking for a refund or anything, I just want them to be aware of the situation so they can fix it, after all, if they don't know the problems, how can they fix it? The person on the phone told me they would send my complaint to upper management. They also were going to send my daughter an autograph picture of her fav. princess. That was the least they could do for her. I really suggest you call the CS number and tell them how you feel.

Hawaiian Cinderella
04-01-2005, 09:47 AM
I called the CS number (714) 781-7290 and complain a week or 2 after we went. I wasn't looking for a refund or anything, I just want them to be aware of the situation so they can fix it, after all, if they don't know the problems, how can they fix it? The person on the phone told me they would send my complaint to upper management. They also were going to send my daughter an autograph picture of her fav. princess. That was the least they could do for her. I really suggest you call the CS number and tell them how you feel.

Thank you for the number. I'll be calling...even if we will never go back, maybe the magic won't be ruined for others in the future.

Hawaiian Cinderella
04-01-2005, 09:54 AM
Thanks for your great trip report! I'm so happy to hear that even with all the not so good stuff that happened, it also didn't keep you from being totally sad about going home. I can totally relate to the sadness you felt about leaving. We went there for my birthday for 3 days at the end of February and somehow I felt cheated! It was a kind of last minute trip, it rained every day, and we actually stayed at DLH for the first time instead of at relative's house or hotel near relative's house. It was so close to a real vacation that I really didn't want to leave, and neither did my family. So, I planned part 2 of our family vacation in July, the week after the big 50th. DLH was sold out for the 17th so we are arriving on the 22 and staying for 4 nights! We'll get to enjoy the missing elements of our last trip; lines, crowds, sunshine, heat, the smell of sunscreen, street entertainers at every corner, fireworks and Fantasmic! and best of all, all of the rides will be open! I can't wait to wait 4 hours in line to ride Space Mountain. Maybe we won't have to wait 4 hours because of the AAA package we got, but I'm so willing to do it. It's my personal favorite ride other than POTC. It helps to pass the time between by planning for the next trip. You may have a lot of time in between, but it's also a lot of time to plan and get ideas on how to make it even more special for your family. A lot can change at the parks in a year. Maybe with the influx of money from the 50th, we can only hope they will invest the money into making more magic in our California parks, just in time for your next visit!

Thank you for the compliments and suggestions....yup that's how I pass the year between Disney vacations....planning for the next trip. During the summer, the week before school starts, we usually take my dd to a nice hotel in Waikiki or to one of the outer islands for a mini-vacation...it's NOT DISNEY.

People think we are nuts for going every year and asked me if we saw anything new this year. I told them oh yeah, we rode buzz, never did it's tough to be a bug, indy, roger rabbit, the mission and boudin tours....and we still have a few more things to do..tiki...some fl rides...also, I tell them that my cousin who is a cast member told me that we HAVE to come back for the 50th because she just previewed the new parade and it will be FAB!!...She said the new fireworks show also should be a MUST SEE....