PDA

View Full Version : 2 weeks out...any last minute suggestions?

Poster_SF
03-29-2005, 03:06 PM
Hi!! I can't wait to leave on the 13th of April. My boyfriend and I will have 2.5 days in the parks...hope that is enough to see everything.

Any last minute suggestions to prepare? What to bring?

I know I should look into Ride Max...but also hoping that the craziness of Spring Break will die down by then.

Any suggestions would be appreciated!! :fez:

bradk
03-29-2005, 04:05 PM
just one suggestion. panic.

(1) the crowds will not have died tremendously. all of april is expected to be a large crowd (and half of may for that matter).

(2) even if it was no crowd, ridemax is a serious must if you have less than 3 days (i'd say even 4) and intend to experience most everything in the parks (ridemax will also help you limit your list down to what you really wish to experience). for $11.95, you can make sure your trip is everything you expect it to be. myself, i feel pretty comfortable knowing which rides are busy/empty and when, but i know i'd rather place my destiny in the hands of ridemax because it knows better than i. one wrong line and you're on a downward spiral.

Poster_SF
03-29-2005, 04:09 PM
just one suggestion. panic.

(1) the crowds will not have died tremendously. all of april is expected to be a large crowd (and half of may for that matter).

(2) even if it was no crowd, ridemax is a serious must if you have less than 3 days (i'd say even 4) and intend to experience most everything in the parks (ridemax will also help you limit your list down to what you really wish to experience). for $11.95, you can make sure your trip is everything you expect it to be. myself, i feel pretty comfortable knowing which rides are busy/empty and when, but i know i'd rather place my destiny in the hands of ridemax because it knows better than i. one wrong line and you're on a downward spiral.

I don't think I have to "Panic". I have been Spring Break w/ out Ride Max w/ my slow-moving grandparents for 3 days (last year) and it was fine. WIll probably invest in it this year, but expecting less crowds than Easter week...I don't think this is an incorrect assumption.

Any other suggestions?

bradk
03-29-2005, 04:17 PM
i was kidding about the panic part, but not ridemax. you could pull it off if all you want to to is attractions, but if you want to build in down time, or shows/parades/fireworks, shopping, etc., it's my opinion ridemax is essential.

and obviously i can't convince you otherwise, but if you do read the boards, you'll see the crowds are rather heavy nowadays. traditionally, the month surrounding easter is one of the busier times short of the summer/weekends and large crowds are expected throughout april.

it won't be horrible, but it won't be easy either. unless of course it rains.

there are still plenty of schools that have yet to have their spring break as well.

rentayenta
03-29-2005, 04:17 PM
Hi!! I can't wait to leave on the 13th of April. My boyfriend and I will have 2.5 days in the parks...hope that is enough to see everything.

Any last minute suggestions to prepare? What to bring?

I know I should look into Ride Max...but also hoping that the craziness of Spring Break will die down by then.

Any suggestions would be appreciated!! :fez:

I used Ridemax over Christmas and it was great!

Get to parks about 30 minutes before they open, hit FL if you plan to when DL opens. Eat lunch before 11:30 or after 1. I tried the Carnation Cafe this last trip and it was great! Good atmosphere, service, food, and people watching. :D

Sit on the bench on the porch on Main St. if it gets too nuts. I did this for the first time this March and loved it.

Most of all, have a magical trip!

03-29-2005, 04:51 PM
Use Ridemax, if you like, or wing it. Either way, you'll have a great time.