PDA

View Full Version : Hotel Deals

Lekta
03-29-2005, 08:30 AM
I have heard of some folks saying that if you wait until a few days til you arrive, you can generally get a rock bottom price at many of the hotels, such as DLH. Now, I was wondering, could you check those prices online a few days before you leave, or would you actually have to call each hotel to see if they had any rockbottom rates? I am wondering because we didn't get the best rate at HoJo and I figure 15-20 more per night to stay at a hotel on site would be well worth it, as none of us has ever done that. Also, I can cancel reservations 2 days out with no fee. Any suggestions?

Thank you all kindly!

bradk
03-29-2005, 08:38 AM
get travelaxe from travelaxe.com. it does a search of all the major travel websites for you. (the price differences between sites can be astounding).

you can check prices for hotels at any time, but remember that the reason why there are such deals are because the rooms are empty due to either low sales or cancelations. in other words, it's not a planned event. so if you're hoping for a last minute deal, particularly at a disney hotel, don't hold your breath. have a backup plan.

and remember, a great deal for a disney hotel can still be significantly higher than hotels along harbor.

disneyscott
03-29-2005, 08:51 AM
Expedia.com gave me $119. to the DLH, two days before, but if you see the rate then call the Disney they will price match.

SeansMom
03-29-2005, 10:51 AM
We went to Orbitz and got GCH for $189.00 a night. Not too bad for spring break :)
I checked other hotels and didn't see much price diffence on Orbitz. tirpadvisor.com has a search engine that will check all the major web sites...Orbitz, Expedia, etc.
Good Luck!