PDA

View Full Version : Smoking Areas At Disneyland

SF MANNY G
03-29-2005, 08:17 AM
Anyone know where these are located or where I can find out?

thanks

disneyscott
03-29-2005, 08:57 AM
Anyone know where these are located or where I can find out?

thanks

1. Big Thunder Trail,
2. Across from Matterhorne entrance,
3. next to buzz stage show (old radio Disney area)
4. across from Haunted Man.... right on the water.

Is always nice to have it out and ready to go as you leave... The anti smoker hates this one......you can't smoke at Disney....It's not lit yet pest!!!!! heheheheheheheh:fez: :~D :D :eek:

sediment
03-29-2005, 08:59 AM
In the parking lot, in your car, windows up. Thank you.

MrsG
03-29-2005, 10:13 AM
In the parking lot, in your car, windows up. Thank you.
:)

MartyLuvsTigger
03-29-2005, 10:18 AM
ok before "smoking is evil" remarks start, this question was about smoking areas, so that the smoker could go and respect the wishes of Disney and smoke were they should. My husband is a smoker. I hate it, but when we are at DL he goes to the smoker spot and lights up.

so please if you can't say nothing nice.....

MsYumiBr
03-29-2005, 10:22 AM
1. Big Thunder Trail,
2. Across from Matterhorne entrance,
3. next to buzz stage show (old radio Disney area)
4. across from Haunted Man.... right on the water.

Is always nice to have it out and ready to go as you leave... The anti smoker hates this one......you can't smoke at Disney....It's not lit yet pest!!!!! heheheheheheheh:fez: :~D :D :eek:

That's a good one! I'll try to remember that. Walking around with a cig in a park full of shorties is hazardous at best. I'm glad they have smoking areas to protect the smokers from the kids! Did you ever notice when someone lights up, suddenly every kid and their friends are right there underfoot? And you are trying to get away from them for their safety? Three of the four smoking areas are listed on the map. The fourth one next to Radio Disney is not on the map but is well posted. It's also the only one you don't need an umbrella for when it rains. DCA is a whole other story! It's just lucky no one was in line for the Millionare show or the smokers would have been in big trouble. There was literally a waterfall in the smoking area and we retreated into the cue area of Who wants to be a Millionare. The trick to smoking in the park is bring enough because if you want more you are sooo out of luck.

sediment
03-29-2005, 10:26 AM
:)
Just trying to help (everyone) with my recommendations.

MartyLuvsTigger
03-29-2005, 10:47 AM
Just trying to help (everyone) with my recommendations.
:rolleyes:

PDDsufferer
03-29-2005, 10:49 AM
It depends on what you're smoking...

03-29-2005, 11:01 AM
It depends on what you're smoking...

Whatever it is, do it in the smoking area.

PDDsufferer
03-29-2005, 11:12 AM
Whatever it is, do it in the smoking area.

Oh geez - the moderator! Quick, put it out!

Alex S.
03-29-2005, 11:18 AM
Probably a bit out of date, but here is an article Lani wrote about smoking at Disneyland a while ago.

http://www.mouseplanet.com/lani/tp030827lt.htm

stan4d_steph
03-29-2005, 11:21 AM
Three of the four smoking areas are listed on the map. The fourth one next to Radio Disney is not on the map but is well posted.Was this one added recently? I don't remember it being there when I still lived in OC, which is over a year ago now. That could be why it's not on the maps yet.

pisces
03-29-2005, 12:25 PM
What I found during my visit, was that there are people who don't consider pipes and cigars.....to be smoking. :eek:

The pipe and cigar people seem to think they are exempt from the smoking rules, which they feel, only apply to cigarettes.

To me, a pipe or cigar, regardless of whether it's lit or not, is the exact same thing as smoking a cigarette.

I really think Disney needs to clarify that.

MammaSilva
03-29-2005, 01:11 PM
Wow....what a difference 19 months can make....that article was published in August of '03 and I've been smoke free since Feb '04....thanks to a lot of support from some very dear friends and family.........it was a hard one to break but I rejoice daily that I'm still smoke free!

sunfun94
03-29-2005, 01:30 PM
Was this one added recently? I don't remember it being there when I still lived in OC, which is over a year ago now. That could be why it's not on the maps yet.

I had heard it was added just a few months ago...they were unsure of the fate of the Radio Disney area..

Congrats MammaSilva!

Crazy4DL
03-29-2005, 01:53 PM
Wow....what a difference 19 months can make....that article was published in August of '03 and I've been smoke free since Feb '04....thanks to a lot of support from some very dear friends and family.........it was a hard one to break but I rejoice daily that I'm still smoke free!

Way to go MammaSilva :)