PDA

View Full Version : Rumbling Backstage

FantasmicFanatic
03-29-2005, 01:46 AM
OK, so who has noticed when you are riding the Mickey & Friends tram into the park, just about when you are approaching the entrance plaza there is a rumbling coming from backstage around the back of Indy? Anyone know what it is? If I had to take a quasi-educated guess, I would say.....generators?

FF

PhilMP
03-29-2005, 01:49 AM
If it's a deep-throated rumble, it's the show effects from Indy. However, there is a Backstage work area around there, so they might be working on something.

Phil

cstephens
03-29-2005, 03:45 AM
OK, so who has noticed when you are riding the Mickey & Friends tram into the park, just about when you are approaching the entrance plaza there is a rumbling coming from backstage around the back of Indy? Anyone know what it is? If I had to take a quasi-educated guess, I would say.....generators?

FF

It's Indy. You can hear it really well throughout much of Downtown Disney.

MrsG
03-29-2005, 09:25 AM
We've always wondered about that rumbling! Indy! Of course! Thanks for the info.

olegc
03-29-2005, 10:04 AM
is this a semi recent occurance? like within the last year or two? I have been a pass holder for 5 years now and I can only recently remember hearing this noise while in DTD. Did they start leaving a doorway open or something? I mean, it's a closed building and it sounds so loud!

TP2000
03-29-2005, 12:04 PM
It's been making that rumbling since 1995. When DTD was the parking lot, you could hear the exact same rumbling as you walked through the parking lot from the Disneyland Hotel. With all of the ambient noise in DTD, it's actually harder to hear than it was in 1995-97 when there were only cars and buses parked there.

You just never noticed it before while in DTD, or were never wandering around that part of the Disneyland Parking Lot in the 1995-97 time period.

Jeremiah
03-29-2005, 01:56 PM
It is the boulder crashing sound effect. It really seems like it has only been as loud as it is since it's last referb. I think that was when they went throguh and replaced all the blowen speakers.

J

AVP
03-29-2005, 02:00 PM
It is the boulder crashing sound effect. It really seems like it has only been as loud as it is since it's last referb. I think that was when they went throguh and replaced all the blowen speakers.

JI agree. I've only noticed it in the past 6 months or so.

AVP

olegc
03-29-2005, 09:29 PM
I agree. I've only noticed it in the past 6 months or so.

AVP

that's really the timeline I thought of as well - since the last refurb...

leota's necklace
03-30-2005, 02:17 AM
I agree. I've only noticed it in the past 6 months or so.

AVP

I know I've heard it for at least the last few years...roughly coinciding with when DTD was built. I didn't have any reason to be in that area before then, so no data available. :)

sdfilmcritic
03-30-2005, 02:45 AM
I also have not noticed it until the last few months. I've been parking in the Mickey & Friends parking lot almost every time I've visited the park ever since the parking structure has been built and I had never heard of the rumbling up until the last six or seven months or so.

sdfilmcritic
04-09-2005, 12:57 AM
Okay. Here's a link from darkbeer's photo gallery (http://darkbeer.smugmug.com/photos/19217601-M.jpg) of the building I'm referring to in my previous post. Someone in another thread mentioned this is the Indiana Jones building. Is that true?

jon80flt
04-09-2005, 05:44 AM
...this is the Indiana Jones building. Is that true?

Yes.