PDA

View Full Version : First time staying at Disneyland Hotel

SF MANNY G
03-28-2005, 08:51 PM
I will finally be staying at the Disneyland Hotel for the first time Friday night. What are some things I need to know, must-do things, any special quirks for staying on disney property, etc.

I also heard that there is a seperate fee I will be charged at the front desk. I think it's for parking, fitness center, etc. Can anyone give me any info on this. Thanks....any info will be greatly appreciated.

Shinku
03-28-2005, 08:52 PM
Leave your curtains open during the day to charge the Tinkerbell wallpaper ;)

stan4d_steph
03-29-2005, 05:45 AM
I also heard that there is a seperate fee I will be charged at the front desk. I think it's for parking, fitness center, etc. Can anyone give me any info on this. Thanks....any info will be greatly appreciated.Yes. This is called the resort fee. I would suggest riding the Monorail into DL at some point. It's fun and sometimes is quicker depending on the lines at the main DL gates.

TOTFan
03-29-2005, 06:52 AM
Leave your curtains open during the day to charge the Tinkerbell wallpaper ;)

A few minutes with the lights on at night will do that, doesn't take a day. I like to sleep with my window open so I can hear the sounds of the resort. Also I think the wine cellar is one of the most under looked places. I also like to drive the jungle cruise boats near the pool.

SF MANNY G
03-29-2005, 08:19 AM
any more info or tips. Is early entry one of the perks? If so, what days are they available?

SoCalDude
03-29-2005, 08:25 AM
Yes. This is called the resort fee. I would suggest riding the Monorail into DL at some point. It's fun and sometimes is quicker depending on the lines at the main DL gates.

ya, the monorail is a good way to get into the park. BUT - there is something special about walking in the main gates and rounding the corner and looking stright down Main Street that should not be missed!

bradk
03-29-2005, 08:32 AM
any more info or tips. Is early entry one of the perks? If so, what days are they available?

EE is a perk of the hopper bonus tickets (available at 3+ days). your ticket must have it. it's good for one day, which can be a Monday, Tuesday, Thursday or Saturday.

as far as perks, the major one i can think of would be that whenever you purchase merchandise at the park, you can have it delivered to the hotel for you so you don't have to carry it around or store it away yourself.

MsYumiBr
03-29-2005, 09:56 AM

EE used to be one of the perks of the hotels, but now EE to Fantasyland is only with a 3 day or more parkhopper ticket (printed on the ticket). EE is only on Saturday, Monday, Tuesday and Thursday. One perk of the DLH exclusively is that you have guest rights to the Neverland Pool. It used to be that all 3 hotels could use all 3 pools. Then they decided GCA can use all 3 pools and DLH guests were able to use the PPH pool(s). After the 50th, who knows what they'll do but DLH guests were only able to use the DLH pools when I was there in February. They have a 100 foot slide in the Neverland pool but it was closed when I went. You also have the privilege of working out with Team Mickey (I haven't tried this personally). Oh, and there are character meets in the Marina lobby on certain mornings. Just check the schedules. Just be warned, it's madness just like the park.

If you want more perks, upgrade to concierge if you can. I personally *love* coming back to a clean room every time we leave (turn down service). Maybe that's why I didn't want to go home. I missed the maid service! Did I mention free beer in the concierge lobby? Oh, and you can watch the fireworks show from there with piped in music. Did I mention free food? (Snacks actually).

With or without concierge, just being at DLH is a treat in itself, even with a parking lot view. At least you don't have to leave after the day is over, just walk to the hotel and play some more. There's remote control boats, girls can have their hair wrapped, take a walk by the waterfall, go shopping some more, bug the CMs ;) and watch kids walk into the overly clean glass windows next to the sliding glass doors :(

pisces
03-29-2005, 10:59 AM
Which particular one of the Resort hotels are you staying at?

Grand Californian has a lot of arts and crafts activites. How to make washcloth designs----which didn't interest me in the least...... to arts and crafts tours, to build-a-bear----which I don't know if they are still doing.....to free use of the treadmill/fitness center-------which I didn't avail myself of since I got enough walking exercise......

Anyway, GC gives a daily schedule of all their special activities they've got going for that day.

CLOSED FOR CAPACITY: I never tried this because the Park was never shut down during my visit; however, supposedly, if it happens, all you would do is use the Tomorrow Land entrance (come in on the Monorail) and prepare to show them your room key......and you get in, as a Hotel Guest, through that Entrance only----when the Main Gate is otherwise shut down due to capacity/excessive crowds.

OTHER HOTEL GUEST ENTRANCES: The Grand Californian has a special entrance into DCA, that I believe all Hotel guests can use, especially for the first entry into DCA for the day. If you aren't a Resort Hotel guest, you can't use that special GC entrance as your first entry for the day ....into DCA.

Family5LovesDisney
03-29-2005, 02:50 PM
I will finally be staying at the Disneyland Hotel for the first time Friday night. What are some things I need to know, must-do things, any special quirks for staying on disney property, etc.

I also heard that there is a seperate fee I will be charged at the front desk. I think it's for parking, fitness center, etc. Can anyone give me any info on this. Thanks....any info will be greatly appreciated. We were not charged a separate fee for parking or the fitness center when we stayed there two weeks ago. (maybe we just lucked out?)

The Coffee Shop is a quick spot to grab a fast breakfast in the morning or a delicious cup of coffee or tea (I loved the steamers)

The Neverland Pool is lots of fun!

Be sure to see the HUGE Display in the Marina Tower (not far from Goofy's Kitchen) of all the vintage Disney memorabilia. It's behind glass and hanging on a wall.

Granville's Steak House serves a really nice breakfast if you want something other then a character meal. Big portions, nice presentation, great service, and the tables are covered with large sheets of white paper so your kids can draw all over the table. My husband had more fun then my boys with this. He drew a HUGE Mickey Mouse while we were waiting!

kohl
03-29-2005, 02:59 PM
[QUOTE=Family5LovesDisney]We were not charged a separate fee for parking or the fitness center when we stayed there two weeks ago. (maybe we just lucked out?)

The resort fee is added onto your bill. It is not a seperate bill.

Family5LovesDisney
03-29-2005, 03:12 PM
[QUOTE=Family5LovesDisney]We were not charged a separate fee for parking or the fitness center when we stayed there two weeks ago. (maybe we just lucked out?)

The resort fee is added onto your bill. It is not a seperate bill. Then I guess it was part of the pre-paid package since we were not charged anything extra when we checked out.

Cherene
03-30-2005, 01:51 PM
We just got home from DL and stayed at the DLR. First, the lobby is under total construction, so nothing to see or do there :(

Second, if you want a coffee or hot beverage before heading to the monorail - don't! Unless you can drink it before you get on, you will not be allowed on with the coffee cup. Learned that one the hard way

Neverland pool, my dd loved this attraction. The slides were closed, but they are supposed to open this week

If you have kids, there is an Autopia car in the lobby of Goofy's kitchen that they can sit in, dd also thought this was fun and it was right next to a penny smashing machine which she is now a firm believer in doing :)

Have fun, we had a blast!

Hakuna Makarla
03-30-2005, 02:43 PM
Yes. This is called the resort fee. I would suggest riding the Monorail into DL at some point. It's fun and sometimes is quicker depending on the lines at the main DL gates.

resort fee? will I be charged this to? I got no car and do not plan to do the fitness clubs :) how much is this fee??

Jewels
03-30-2005, 02:46 PM
resort fee? will I be charged this to? I got no car and do not plan to do the fitness clubs :) how much is this fee??

Karla,

Only guest of the Disneyland Resort hotels are charged the resort fee. I thought you were offsite this trip. Depending on the hotel you may have a parking fee.

Agent
04-01-2005, 10:39 AM
We have never stayed at the DLH. But we stay at the GCH, I assume their policy is the same.

The charge is referred to as a "resort fee". At GCH it is $11.50 a night. This is not an optional fee. You must pay it regardless of the fact you have no car or do not use the fitness club. If you booked through AAA or WDT the fee is already built into your package. If you booked directly through the hotel, the $11.50 a night will be added to your bill when you check out. This fee is not included in the amount the hotel sends you in your confirmation letter.

To use the fitness center, you must register when you check in. Even if you have no intention of using the facility, still sign up. At the Grand they keep whole fresh fruit out on the counter. When I am done working out, I take fruit back to the room for the kids. I also pop in throughout the day and just grab an apple or two for the road. Very handy!!!

ima_mickeyfan
04-01-2005, 03:02 PM
very important and good thing to remember "signing up " for the fitness room, especially if you get free fruit...lol, i can go work out while dh and the kids are naping and bring them back a snack.

mickeynminnie
04-01-2005, 03:33 PM
If you're celebrating any special event while you're there, make sure to tell the CM at check-in, they may be able to make a little extra magic happen.
When we stayed there in August we were celebrating my DH's b-day and they left an autographed, personalized picture of Mickey in our room with a personalized birthday pin. Very Fun! :)

BWthespian
04-01-2005, 05:20 PM
CALL ME SPOILED LOL, BUT IS THERE ANY OTHER PERKS FOR PREMIUM ANNUAL PASSHOLDERS?CUZ I AVE NO USE FOR THE PARKING ONE,I DONT DRIVE :fez: , AND I NEVER REALLY BUY ANYTHING TO EXPENSIVE TO WHERE I ACTUALLY NEED TO USE MY PASS FOR DISCOUNT , ANY OTHER PERKS YOU GUYS KNOW ABOUT.