PDA

View Full Version : Concierge Service Ends at Paradise Pier Hotel

FOOD_AND_DRUG
01-06-2002, 02:58 PM
Effective immediately, The Disneyland Resort has closed the Concierge Level in the Paradise Pier Hotel.

It is scheduled to re-open March 1, 2001.

If you are staying at The Paradise Pier, you may wish to contact reservations and find out what Disney will be doing to accomodate you.

In addition, the Concierge Room at The Disneyland Hotel will close at 9:00 p.m. each day instead of 10:00 p.m.

The change of hours for The Disneyland Hotel Concierge Room are permanent.

The Grand Californian's Concierge Service is not affected by any changes (at this time).

The occupancy levels at the Paradise Pier Hotel must be very, very low to warrant such a drastic step.

At least, Disney is not closing the hotel, considering they have already closed off sections of hotels they own and operate at Disney World.

socabch
01-06-2002, 03:36 PM
Hotel service is not only effecting DLR. In San Diego the Hotels are at 18% occupency so most hotels are also cutting back some hours on the services. It keeps the cost of business down. SW has reduced its hours and the fireworks haven't shown since Dec 10th (that was the first time in months)

TakeMe2Disneyland
01-06-2002, 05:42 PM
My favorite part of staying at the DLH on the Concierge Level is watching the fireworks each night in the Lounge. It's always packed with people who want to be able to let their little ones watch and listen to the show, but who want to get back to their rooms at a reasonable hour for sleep. This isn't going to be possible many nights during the summer, if the loung continues to close at 9 p.m.

Without Early Entry and without this little "extra" staying at the DLH, much less using the Concierge Level, is becoming very difficult to justify.

Iceman
01-06-2002, 07:18 PM
Since the Paradise Pier Hotel is Disney's "budget" location in Anaheim, I'm not surprised at all to see them eliminating the concierge level. I'm surprised they had one in the first place!

And as socabch said, this is not a Disney-only phenomenon. I just got back from a stay at Boston's Long Wharf Marriott. They have completely closed their concierge level due to poor attendance. The benefit they gave me was coupons for free breakfast in the restaurant and free appetizers in the lounge. I was disappointed, because executive levels tend to be quieter (and this hotel was NOISY!) and I often prefer the atmosphere of a club level lounge better than a restaurant. Still, I understand their reasoning and didn't really have any problem with it.