PDA

View Full Version : Mini-Trip Report... Including my proposal :) 3/20-3/23

The_Admiral
03-28-2005, 04:41 PM
To begin, for those of you following the threads regarding the Carousel Inn and Suites moving a whole bunch of their reserved guests to other hotels: we were moved to the Candlewood Inn and Suites. Getting there we realized that it wasn't going to be as completely horrible as we thought as, while on the border, the hotel was certainly in walking distance. Further, the rooms were nice with a full kitchen so we were able to buy sandwich makings which saved us some cash. This joy was short lived, however, when we walked to the park and were greeted with exactly HOW close the Carousel Inn was to the main gate. To give orbitz credit, however, in the middle of the trip I did receive an e-mail informing me they were crediting my account. I especially appreciated this since, while I complained to them since they were the ones informing me of the move, the error was the Carousel's fault. I was still disappointed in the way the problem was originally handled, however. But onward...oh, a few things about the Candlewood: quite nice, actually, as they are fairly new. Bed wasn't so great, but the room was nice with cable, chair, desk, in room internet, etc. The free dvd "library" is about 30 dvd's, and the fact that half of them seemed to be pirated chinese imports didn't make the place seem too classy.

I'm going to consolidate all the days in to an overall view since the days kind of run together:
- Love Buzz, as did my girlfriend. As I complained about in an earlier post, wish they would fix the bug that stops the scores from showing up on your picture :(.
- The Unofficial Guide doesn't seem to think too highly of fast passes, but I was quite proud of the way we utilizied them to maximize our time. In the three full days we were there we hit EVERYTHING we wanted to hit at least once, with the multiple ride tally as follows (not completely accurate):
- Indy: 5 times.
- Splash: 4 times (which is impressive considering how many times it was down)
- Buzz: 3 times.
- Big Thunder: 2 times.
- California Screamin: 3 times.
- Soarin: 2 times.
- Tower of Terror: 2 times.
- Mullohand: 2 times.
- Pirates: 2 times.
- Mansion: 3 times (I've never seen lines for the mansion as I did this trip. Crazy.)

All of that whilst hitting all the shows we wanted, including both Aladdin shows and Snow White. Our timing seemed to be perfect and we were never sitting around waiting for a fast pass to mature or anything. Again, I was quite pleased considering the size of the lines. We never rode Indy, Splash, or the Terror w/o a fast pass, save for Indy once at the opening.

Random thoughts:
- Why does Autopia always have such a huge line? I'd understand if it were all kids, but it seems to have just as many adults, solo or otherwise. B-O-R-I-N-G.
- Innoventions. I remember this from a few years back being pretty cool. I don't know if I was dreaming or what, but again, BORING. Plus, unlike anywhere else in disneyland, the place doesn't seem to be very well maintained. I noticed at least four keyboards that were missing multiple keys or were completely busted. It just didn't seem to have the attention to those details that other places have.
- Would have love the down pour of rain on Tuesday if I had brought a rain jacket. As it was, we still had a good time and loved the different experience and feeling in the park.

My proposal:

I proposed to my girlfriend on Monday night at the wishing well, and she said yes :). The whole day I kept glancing over at it as we walked by and there was NEVER anyone by it, but I wanted to wait for dark. Of course when I wanted to propose the place was SWARMING. The first time past it looked empty until a swarm of kids came through from fantasyland. I not-so-smoothly suggested we come back later to throw pennies in, so we went and rode the ferris wheel. On our way back through it was STILL busy, but I managed to hang around JUST to the point where it was weird until enough people left that I could get down on one knee and pop the question :). The rest of the night was fantastic, with fantasmic from the front row and a couple more rides.

I might be updating more if I think of things, but for now I'm trip-report pooped. :)

SuefromRI
03-28-2005, 04:55 PM
Congratulations on the successful proposal!! I agree about Fastpasses being a necessity to getting on everything you want. My mantra--never be without a fastpass in your possesion.

Lekta
03-28-2005, 05:16 PM
Congratz bro! I know my wife and I had a great honeymoon at DL, perhaps you should do that?

Faith Trust & Pixie Dust
03-28-2005, 07:22 PM
Congrats! DH proposed to me at Disneyland and it's one of my most cherished memories. I bet your fiance is on Cloud Nine!

CrazyTrain
03-29-2005, 10:30 AM
Awww, congrats!!

Family5LovesDisney
03-29-2005, 02:59 PM
A big CONGRATULATIONS! What a romantic and fun place to propose!

sunfun94
03-29-2005, 03:05 PM
Congratulations to you and your new fiance! My husband proposed there and it was a perfect ending to a perfect day! :)