PDA

View Full Version : Easter Trip report

MrsG
03-28-2005, 03:25 PM
An account of our spur of the moment one night trip.

We were in no rush so we didn't get to DLH until 11:00 am. We had the bell desk check and hold our luggage since we didn't think our room would be ready so early. We checked in and our room was ready. We walked to the Bonita Tower and waited for the bell desk to bring up out bags. Everyone was checking out so it was busy and it took over 20 minutes for the bags to arrive. The weather was nice - hazy sunshine and about 75 degrees with a slight breeze.

We headed to the Monorail station and there was a pretty good line waiting, but we figured it would be just as bad at the main gate. We waited for 2 trains, but we finally got on and got to sit in the front nose of Monorail purple. We sat with another local family. It was noon by the time we got to DL and we went right to Buzz to pick up a fast pass, which was for 3:00.

We hadn't eaten so we headed to AL for some Bengal BBQ. I think I finally got DH to appreciate the chicken on a stick thing! He loved the bacon wrapped aspargus. After lunch, went to Fantasyland to check out the line for Peter Pan - one hour wait! so went on Pinnochio. Then back to NOS for a trip on Pirates - 30 minute wait. The queue actually went to the left side of the building so we got to smell the sewer. (FYI, if you have a choice as to which side to go on, take the right. The left is longer since is does go back toward TTH.

We needed a snack :p so we went to Main Street to check the line for ice cream - too long so grabbed a Toll House cookie ice cream from an ODV cart to share and sat on a bench at the hub to people watch for a while. Decided we were up for waiting for Peter Pan, now only a 40 minute wait. It was then time to ride Buzz - our second trip ever. I can't get passed level 3, but I do better than DH. He didn't like his non-video game playing wife giving him tips. :rolleyes:

About 3:30 so we bought 3 boxes of popcorn (to take home for home snacking) and walked back to the hotel to put the popcorn into the souvenir buckets so the popcorn stays fresh. Rested a bit. Caught the update on the Terry Shivio case (depressing). Read a bit while hubby napped. About 5, went to GCH to check in at Storytellers. Got right in and proceeded to eat ourselves silly. Yummy ham, prime rib, caramelized onion mashed potatoes, broccoli, salad with cantaloupe and their yummy basalmic dressing. Oh, and some corn chowder. When we went for dessert, I was disappointed that there weren't any chocolate dipped strawberries. (Hubby had listened to me talk about them all day). As I was looking at the other desserts, he asked our wonderful server (Brett) about these strawberries, and a few minutes later, he brought out a whole plate full!

Stuffed we went to DCA to walk off dinner. Saw the Muppets show (DH first time), walked around Hollywood (love Off-the-Page). No, didn't do ToT. Walked to Soarin' and waited in line for 45 minutes (BTW, fast passes for most rides were gone between noon and 3). After Soarin, went and found a spot to watch the light parade. Sat on the ground leaning on a rock in front of the Vineyard Room. Sat next to a family with a little girl (3?) who just was so excited to see all the lights and Mickey. Good to see it through her eyes and her dad's who obviously adored her and was having the best time.

Parade over, went back to DL to see the "new" fireworks. They are obviously just a filler fireworks show so all the spring breakers have something to look at. Walked through the massive crowds toward TL then around the park to get to HM. Everyone was waiting for Fantasmic so HM wait was nothing. After HM, back to PotC. This time a 5 minute wait. It is now 11:00 and we're tired (yes, we are old fogies, thank-you-very-much). We went back to the hotel with a stop at the Lost Bar for a beverage. Then upstairs to bed.

Up the next morning at the crack of 8. I was suppose to drop hubby off at his office then drive home. He was up for some breakfast. Goofy's Kitchen was too long of a wait so we drove over to PPH to eat at the PCH Grill. It was our first time there. We had the buffet breakfast (buffet again! Could we EAT any more food!). It was a character breakfast-our first. DH turned into a little kid! He didn't think he'd like it but when Chip and Dale came over and got on both sides of me and cuddled me, he got out the camera and was having a great time. We were visited by Goofy, Minnie, Stitch and Pluto and he took pictures of all of them. The food was great and we saw so many characters. And they played Elvis and Hawaiian music the whole time. It was nice and we may have to try staying at PPH again (Just not during pool season. Don't care for their pool after experiencing DLH and GCH pools). Got hubby in such a good mood that he gave our server a huge tip (because we saw him get stiffed by a family of 5 sitting next to us. And they were a high maintenence family - loud kids crawling all over, food everywhere, demanding parents "you need to send Chip and Dale to see us")

It was a nice, relaxing day/night.

Susan L
03-28-2005, 03:34 PM
Its good to hear you had and nice overnight little trip.

rentayenta
03-28-2005, 03:37 PM
What a great Easter MrsG! I'm glad that you had a good time. :)