PDA

View Full Version : Mean Cast Member

HTHgal12
03-28-2005, 01:52 PM
Hey everyone. I was at DL on Thursday 3/24 and My friend and I went on Buzz. In front of us was this family: a mom, A lil girl and a lil boy. the kids were probably 6-8ish in age and when we went to get on the cars...the mom and the sister got in one car and then the boy went to get into the car behind them and a cast member grabbed the kids shoulder and pulled him back! Then made the kid get in the car in front of us which was one car away from the mom. I was appalled as I would think why would the cast member grab the kid and seperate him from his mom!?! It wasn't like he was going to miss the car or anything.

Unfortunatly I didn't get the CM's name but I decided to go to City Hall and complain anyways since it was close to when it happened they could figure out who it was. I told the CM at city hall and in so many words he could really care less. He offered all these excuses and was like oh I will let the manager know when I knew he wouldn't. It made me sick!

Am I wrong about being upset about this? Are the cast members allowed to touch people? I know at my work we are not allowed to touch people :mad:

bradk
03-28-2005, 01:56 PM
no, they really aren't allowed to physically handle guests in most (if not all) cases, there was an active discussion about this sometime ago.

however, i'm not sure a complaint would be particularly effective if you aren't the victim of it (if 50 people witness a CM doing something wrong to 1 person, it's unjust to accept 50 complaints on that person's behalf) particularly since there are two sides to every story and yours wouldn't be one of them.

that said, i'm confused. did you go to file a written complaint? or just to verbally complain to someone?

Captain Josh
03-28-2005, 01:58 PM
I wasn't there, but I've seen the ride enough to probably surmise the situation.

The #1 issue here is safety. I've had my share of snafus with CM regarding rides, and I never, ever held them at fault. If I got hurt, moving to a different row on Indy, it would be MY fault, not theirs, but they'd have to take the "fall" for it.

Given how the ride entry layout is for Buzz, lots of people assume they can jump out past the railing wall and jump into the omni-mover. I've been told to wait for the cruiser to come out to the proper conveyer area before I was allowed to board. From what this sounds like, the kid managed to squeeze out and get back there. I know it looks like there's space, but there's plenty more space after that bit to board the vehicle.

Would this kid have been hurt? Maybe not. Could have? Probably. If he did, then our "magical new ride" would have to get shut down while whatever organization investigates the accident, etc. And we don't need that.

HTHgal12
03-28-2005, 01:58 PM
Well I didn't exactly know how it was supposed to go at City Hall but I was like is this where I go to complain and then the guy had me explain it to him. A written one wasn't an option I was given. I did tell the mom what happened since she was in front of him and didn't see it.

HTHgal12
03-28-2005, 02:00 PM
I wasn't there, but I've seen the ride enough to probably surmise the situation.

The #1 issue here is safety. I've had my share of snafus with CM regarding rides, and I never, ever held them at fault. If I got hurt, moving to a different row on Indy, it would be MY fault, not theirs, but they'd have to take the "fall" for it.

Given how the ride entry layout is for Buzz, lots of people assume they can jump out past the railing wall and jump into the omni-mover. I've been told to wait for the cruiser to come out to the proper conveyer area before I was allowed to board. From what this sounds like, the kid managed to squeeze out and get back there. I know it looks like there's space, but there's plenty more space after that bit to board the vehicle.

Would this kid have been hurt? Maybe not. Could have? Probably. If he did, then our "magical new ride" would have to get shut down while whatever organization investigates the accident, etc. And we don't need that.

It looked like to me that he was just getting on like everyone else would, he didn't seem to be rushing or running or anything but maybe he was. It just looked bad to me and the CM was mean. Who knows.

bradk
03-28-2005, 02:05 PM
for future reference, if it means that much to you and you feel the need to see something done about it, i would adjust the situation to make yourself the victim.

i've had to do it myself in cases like where i've witnessed someone drop her wallet onto the tracks of the subway before boarding it and, knowing i'd want it back if it had happened to me, i told them it was mine. i knew if i had said it was someone else's, they probably wouldn't have given it to me and i wouldn't have had the closure knowing that it was returned to the owner.

HTHgal12
03-28-2005, 02:10 PM
hmm good points :geek: