PDA

View Full Version : When should I go to DCA?

SF MANNY G
03-28-2005, 12:40 PM
Will be at Disneyland/DCA this Friday, Saturday and Sunday. Main purpose is to enjoy Disneyland, but I have a newbie with me who has never been to DCA. When will be a good day/time to go to DCA without taking away alot of time from Disneyland? Don't want to waste a full day at DCA, maybe half a day. :confused:

Elways way
03-28-2005, 12:53 PM
That depends......you can normally do DCA in 1/2 day...but with all the expected crowds this week there is no way to do that. I would say you need to be there in the AM to take advantage of the fastpass option. If you go to DL in the AM and then try to hit DCA in the afternoon, there is a good chance all of the fastpasses will be gone for Tower, Soarin, and Screamin'!

Add the fact that DCA isn't open late...and I think a morning is a no brainer!

bradk
03-28-2005, 12:54 PM
probably sunday, but only mostly because you have a better shot for a smaller crowd at DL on friday as it's not a weekend.

and i would do it first thing. SOC should be open by 9:30 (assuming the rest of the park opens at 10 am).

crowds are heavy, so how long you'll stay depends on what you actually want to do. you might want to consider a 3 month subscription to ridemax for $11.95 (http://www.ridemax.com) which has a 30 day money back guarantee, although i have yet to see anyone report they were unhappy with it. the only glitch here is that sundays aren't reported on, but it's advised to just use the previous satuday as a guideline which in reality should report even longer wait times than what you would experience. so if you can work out a good schedule with that, you're set.

CoasterChickie
03-28-2005, 01:21 PM
If I'm going to DLR for only two days, I usually spend one entire day (8am-midnight) only in DL. On the other day, I go to DL from 8am -10 am, DCA from 10 am - 9pm then back over to DL from 9 pm - midnight.

I'm exhausted by the end of the two days but it's worth it because I get to see and do a lot in both parks!!