PDA

View Full Version : I just got hired! Yay!

Pages : [1] 2

evilchild666
03-28-2005, 12:08 PM
First off, i just wanted to thank everybody here for putting up with all of my questions and for all of the help and support you provided. now, on to the story...

I went in last monday morning and asked for an application. There was only one other person in the lobby filling out an application. He turned his in about 10 minutes before i did, and was told that his application was going to be sent to a recruiter and he should hear back from them within a week or two. After overhearing this I was really disappointed because i was really hoping for an interview that day. Anyways, i turned in my application at 8:50 and was told that there was an interview at 9:00 if i wanted to stick around for it, and of course i did. I was the only person there so instead of the normal group interview, it was just a one on one interview. So he asked me all of the questions i was expecting (thanks guys!) and i felt very confident with my interview. He sent me out of the room for about 5 minutes so he could go over his notes. He called me back in and told me that i interviewed well and that he was looking to hire me. He gave me the choice of working attractions or store operations since thats what i put on my application. I chose east side store operations (tommorowland, fantasyland, and toontown). I go back June 13th to fill out all the paperwork and i start orientation on June 17th! I'm so excited and i can't wait to start.

Well, i just want to thank everyone again for all of the help!

MrsG
03-28-2005, 12:10 PM
Congratulations and good luck! I hope it is everything you want it to be! Have fun!

SF MANNY G
03-28-2005, 12:11 PM
Congratulations!!!!!!!!

Mommy2NicknMax
03-28-2005, 12:12 PM
Congratulations!!! :D

paulca
03-28-2005, 12:15 PM
I work part time at DCA night custodial!! Have fun

Captain Josh
03-28-2005, 12:16 PM
First off, i just wanted to thank everybody here for putting up with all of my questions and for all of the help and support you provided. now, on to the story...

I went in last monday morning and asked for an application. There was only one other person in the lobby filling out an application. He turned his in about 10 minutes before i did, and was told that his application was going to be sent to a recruiter and he should hear back from them within a week or two. After overhearing this I was really disappointed because i was really hoping for an interview that day. Anyways, i turned in my application at 8:50 and was told that there was an interview at 9:00 if i wanted to stick around for it, and of course i did. I was the only person there so instead of the normal group interview, it was just a one on one interview. So he asked me all of the questions i was expecting (thanks guys!) and i felt very confident with my interview. He sent me out of the room for about 5 minutes so he could go over his notes. He called me back in and told me that i interviewed well and that he was looking to hire me. He gave me the choice of working attractions or store operations since thats what i put on my application. I chose east side store operations (tommorowland, fantasyland, and toontown). I go back June 13th to fill out all the paperwork and i start orientation on June 17th! I'm so excited and i can't wait to start.

Sweet! I'm going in for my paperwork on the 8th. Good to see someone else getting it as good as I am. :D

Laffite
03-28-2005, 12:39 PM
Starting June 17?.. just a month before the celebration.. they need all the help they can get :)

Niwel
03-28-2005, 12:56 PM
YEAH! Good job kiddo!

ima_mickeyfan
03-28-2005, 01:02 PM
congratulations, we will all have to make a point to shop at "your" store and say hi!

evilchild666
03-28-2005, 01:02 PM
Sweet! I'm going in for my paperwork on the 8th. Good to see someone else getting it as good as I am. :D

Yeah, I have the feeling that this is going to be the longest 2 1/2 months ever. I can't wait!

CoasterChickie
03-28-2005, 01:06 PM
Congratulatons!!

Faith Trust & Pixie Dust
03-28-2005, 01:35 PM
Way to go! :)

Disnerd
03-29-2005, 07:41 AM
Start saving money to pay your sign up fees for the union, UFCW 324. If not your first checks will be for $0. Come hell or high water the union gets their money. Go to the first union meeting and you will get back $25.

evilchild666
03-29-2005, 08:14 AM
Start saving money to pay your sign up fees for the union, UFCW 324. If not your first checks will be for $0. Come hell or high water the union gets their money. Go to the first union meeting and you will get back $25.

And just how much are the sign up fees?

itig
03-29-2005, 08:43 AM
Congrats! Hope it's the best!

seattlemom
03-29-2005, 08:47 AM
You can be a "Beck" objector to the union. I didn't have to pay the membership fee when I took a job at a unionized company, but the union still gets 96% of dues I would pay if I were a member. I don't get to vote, but I still get the contract that they negotiate.

It's based on a federal supreme court decision, so it can be done in California too.

Crazy4DL
03-29-2005, 08:50 AM
Good for you! :)

CrazyTrain
03-29-2005, 09:34 AM
Yay, congrats!!! :fez:

MrsG
03-29-2005, 09:36 AM
When I signed up for 324, I did NOT have to give all the money at once (I think it was $100), but they would take out a small amount from my paycheck each week for 6 months (I think is was about $4)

Wesley815
03-29-2005, 01:39 PM
When I signed up for 324, I did NOT have to give all the money at once (I think it was $100), but they would take out a small amount from my paycheck each week for 6 months (I think is was about $4)Same here... don't listen to the person saying your checks will be $0, that's not true. I don't know why their checks were $0, but mine always just have had a VERY small amount taken out for "union dues", nothing that bad. The fees are also adjusted for how many hours per week you work... that way it never takes that much out. (less hours = less taken out)

All of this is explained in the union paperwork you will fill out.

kbanmen
03-29-2005, 04:40 PM
congrads.. I work at DCA.. you will love working for the DL company

Ulysses
04-02-2005, 04:14 AM
The other person you overheard was no doubt applying for a salaried position.

Anyhow, congratulations and welcome to DLR stores. I don't work east side, usually. But have worked every store location in the park at least once. Things to keep in mind:

(1) To the managers (you will know them by their "business casual" attire): "Yes sir/ma'am, No sir/ma'am, No Excuse sir/ma'am, How High sir/ma'am."

(2) To the leads (your best friends if you will be theirs): "Yes, I will be happy to do that." "I'm uncertain how to handle this; can you please help me?" "Can you offer me any advice on how to do my job better?"

(3) To the guests: See "To the managers" above. Also, "I'm so very sorry you had that bad experience with another cast member; that isn't supposed to happen. Would you like me to call my supervisor?"

This will be a busy summer. Don't call out if it isn't an emergency; if you are scheduled for fewer than 8 hours be prepared to be extended; don't complain about where you are sent or what you are asked to do. By next summer you will be quite senior and be able to get the shifts you want. You will also know by then where all the bodies are buried.

bradk
04-02-2005, 04:19 AM
You will also know by then where all the bodies are buried.

or frozen.

oh yes, i did go there!

RStar
04-02-2005, 06:41 AM
congrads.. I work at DCA.. you will love working for the DL company

It's great to hear someone say that! All too often you hear "Disneyland is the Happiest place on earth, unless you work there!" or "It's ok if you don't mind 10,000 eyes on you while you work", etc.

But I know some of people who love working there, and some who didn't. I think it has a lot to do with your personality and disposition. You have to know how to take orders, know exactly what is expected of you, and still be able to make quick decisions to the right thing.

It boils down to 3 main things at Disneyland.

1) Making/ saving them money

2) saftey

3) guest happiness

(Of course they will claim saftey is number one, but we all know the truth, and number three is often comprimised for number two, and so on.....)

That and keep in mind the magic Walt wanted for his guests and you will make one heck of a CM! Congrats!

evilchild666
04-02-2005, 10:52 AM
so even as a CT i should expect to work 8 hour shifts? hope so