PDA

View Full Version : Disney's California Adventure restaurants

Simon I
03-28-2005, 10:25 AM
Hi guys.

Nearing the time to my trip now...well it's in July but I'm wishing the days away LOL!

Anyway, I was hoping if people could give me ideas of the best moderately priced and fast-food restaurants in California Adventure Park for lunch and dinner. I don't want to go in the expensive restaurants a) because of the price and b) because I don't want to spend too long there as I'm only there for two days and am going to attempt to do EVERYTHING as I may not get the chance to return for a long time (I'm from the UK and so generally head over to WDW). So I have a feeling that the Blue Bayou is off unfortunately...it sounds awesome! I've posted another thread about the DL restaurants and have copied and pasted this spiel, sorry for being un-creative! :D

When I say "best" I mean for theme/atmosphere/variety of food. We are a family of four. My parents, myself (18) and my sister (16) so you get an idea of the age range...no Princess meals lol.

Anyway, any help is greatfully appreciated!

Thanks very much

Simon

P.S. How helpful is the Birnbaum guide to DLR? The WDW is fab and I'm deciding whether or not to buy the new 2005 DLR edition.

hefferdude
03-28-2005, 11:45 AM
We have eaten dinner at the Trattoria in DCA twice now. Both times the service was friendly and prompt but not rushed. The food was very good for the $$. Light dinners for 3 ( with a glass of wine each ) cost us about $60 US.
We always choose the outdoor seating for the night time experience. The Electric Light Parade,( if scheduled - the 50th block bash may pre-empt it ) passes right by the place. It's pretty great if you land a table right by the wall. :cool:

Pammer
03-28-2005, 01:03 PM
IMO, There are not a lot of well-themed areas in DCA; however, food-wise:

For burgers, I love the cheddar burger at Taste Pilot's Grill...not much for theming, but the burger is pretty tasty!

My hubby also loves the vegetarian chili in the bread bowl at the Pacific Wharf Cafe...it's right next to the sourdough bread factory, so they're very fresh!

Have a great trip! :)

KarenW2
03-28-2005, 10:43 PM
If you're willing to include the restaurants in the Grand Californian on your list of places to eat that are inexpensive, I would recommend Storyteller's and White Water Snacks. We've eaten breakfast, lunch & dinner at Storyteller's and find it's probably the best food and servings for the price, for a casual restaurant vs. fast food.

For fast food, White Water Snacks has burgers cooked to order, salads, sandwiches, and various other goodies, at better prices than you'd find in DCA or DL.

Both places can be accessed thru the DCA exit across from Grizzly River Run. It's an easy out and easy back into the DCA afterward.

Hope you have a great time!!

sunfun94
03-28-2005, 11:02 PM
Taste Pilots Grill is an awesome place to eat! It has a bit of everything for everyone..( my husband loves the burgers and I love their chicken salad with our daughter favoring the chicken)
Have a wonderful trip! :)

SoCalSteven
03-28-2005, 11:59 PM
Taste Pilots Grill and the Wine Country Trattoria are great choices for a less costly meal.

I like White Water Snacks as well, but technically it isn't inside DCA.

mkcbunny
04-20-2005, 06:15 PM
Both places can be accessed thru the DCA exit across from Grizzly River Run. It's an easy out and easy back into the DCA afterward.
I have forgotten how they handle the in and out at that park entrance/exit. Do you have to have already been in DCA with a hand stamp to get into the park through the hotel?

Hawaiian Cinderella
04-20-2005, 06:25 PM
We ate at the Trattoria. The food (lasagna) was really good but I was a bit disappointed that they didn't have any other types of pasta to choose from and menu choices were somewhat limited. We all ate lasagna several different ways and one of us had the panini sandwich which they said was good. We got seating by the wall and they roped off the walkway to the restaurant during the ELP so no one would block our view.