PDA

View Full Version : Disneyland restaurants

Pages : [1] 2

Simon I
03-28-2005, 10:22 AM
Hi guys.

Nearing the time to my trip now...well it's in July but I'm wishing the days away LOL!

Anyway, I was hoping if people could give me ideas of the best moderately priced and fast-food restaurants in Disneyland Park for lunch and dinner. I don't want to go in the expensive restaurants a) because of the price and b) because I don't want to spend too long there as I'm only there for two days and am going to attempt to do EVERYTHING as I may not get the chance to return for a long time (I'm from the UK and so generally head over to WDW). So I have a feeling that the Blue Bayou is off unfortunately...it sounds awesome! I've posted another thread about the DCA restaurants and have copied and pasted this spiel, sorry for being un-creative! :D

When I say "best" I mean for theme/atmosphere/variety of food. We are a family of four. My parents, myself (18) and my sister (16) so you get an idea of the age range...no Princess meals lol.

Anyway, any help is greatfully appreciated!

Thanks very much

Simon

P.S. How helpful is the Birnbaum guide to DLR? The WDW is fab and I'm deciding whether or not to buy the new 2005 DLR edition.

mystycalchyk
03-28-2005, 10:25 AM
IMO your best bet then would be Rancho del Zocala. Mexican food. Lots of it. huge portions. Very well priced.

Not really 'themed' per se, well except that its a Mexican place (perhaps being from the UK that will hold more a of a thrill for you than it does me in Arizona...mexican places are a dime a dozen here;) )....but still good food and good price.

03-28-2005, 10:46 AM
My favorite thing is to split an entree. Two people eat for the price of one, plus you have room for dessert.

In Disneyland itself, people often recommend Redd Rocket's Pizza Port in Tomorrowland for the chicken fusilli. My two teen daughters and I shared one portion. It was delicious but you have to eat out of the same container so it's good to be related.

I also love the French market French dip sandwich. That one is cut in half, making it easy to share.

Captain Josh
03-28-2005, 12:21 PM
Captain's Recommendations:

1) Get yourself a dinner at Plaza Inn at least once, around 9pm and sit out on the patio, try for a good view of the castle and the sky above it. Fireworks + dinner = :)

2) Last time I went with a family, they insisted on sharing two orders of the 5 pieces of ribs at Taste Pilot's Grill in DCA. This made me realize that a lot of the food you can order in the park can be shared by two people...sounds like a good idea to me.

topmouse
03-31-2005, 10:14 AM
We have always loved the Carnation Cafe on Main Street in DL. We have had both breakfast and lunch there. I must recommend their pecan pancakes and Mickey waffles.

wabby1
03-31-2005, 10:52 AM
I'd also recommend a corn dog from the Corn Dog wagon on Main Street, or Redd Rocket's Pizza Port near Splash Mountain. Their chicken fussilli is to die for. And as mentioned, Plaza Inn is always a sure bet....

Opus1guy
03-31-2005, 10:55 AM
I like the French Market Restaurant (http://disneyland.disney.go.com/disneyland/en_US/parks/dining/detail?name=FrenchMarketDiningPage) in New Orleans Square very much for atmosphere, entertainment, food and view. Reasonable prices too. It's really nice for lunch or dinner (weather permitting).

At some point after you arrive at Disneyland, find out when the Jazz Band plays and plan to arrive for your meal shortly before then to get a choice table.

cstephens
03-31-2005, 11:34 AM
At some point after you arrive at Disneyland, find out when the Jazz Band plays and plan to arrive for your meal shortly before then to get a choice table.

Which is great if you just want to listen to them. Not so much convenient if you want to have a conversation, since they're pretty loud. We prefer sitting in the side alcove near the entrance, so we can talk and still hear the band in the background.

jon80flt
03-31-2005, 12:05 PM
Don't forget Bill Hill and the Hillbillies at the Golden Horseshoe Review... a funny show and lot's of fried foods available (chicken fingers, cheese sticks, etc)... personally, I find a table for the family, then I head outside to the Smoked Turkey Drumstick cart directly across the walkway from The Golden Horseshoe Review... MMMmmmm Gooooood!

I also like the Gumbo at The French Market!

Bengal BBQ has tasty "meat on a stick" type food, however, I think they are a little overpriced for the portions you get.

Don't forget to wash everything down with a Dole Whipped Float from the Tiki room!

I keep hearing about WhiteWater Snacks at The Grand Californian Hotel... I havn't tried them yet, but there are some folks on these boards who love it!

bradk
03-31-2005, 12:09 PM
I don't think Billy Hill will be playing in July. AFAIK, starting in May, they're reverting back to the Golden Horseshoe Revue.

SoCalDude
03-31-2005, 12:09 PM
I like the French Market Restaurant (http://disneyland.disney.go.com/disneyland/en_US/parks/dining/detail?name=FrenchMarketDiningPage) in New Orleans Square very much for atmosphere, entertainment, food and view. Reasonable prices too. It's really nice for lunch or dinner (weather permitting).

And the french dip is very good!

Opus1guy
03-31-2005, 12:46 PM
Not so much convenient if you want to have a conversation, since they're pretty loud.

Why would anyone be interested in what I have to say, anyway? :)

cstephens
03-31-2005, 05:38 PM

I'm sorry, did you say something?

SCUBAbe
03-31-2005, 05:40 PM
My favorite thing is to split an entree. Two people eat for the price of one, plus you have room for dessert.

In Disneyland itself, people often recommend Redd Rocket's Pizza Port in Tomorrowland for the chicken fusilli. My two teen daughters and I shared one portion. It was delicious but you have to eat out of the same container so it's good to be related.

I also love the French market French dip sandwich. That one is cut in half, making it easy to share.

we just ask for another plate and they give it to us..:)

mkcbunny
03-31-2005, 10:14 PM
IMO your best bet then would be Rancho del Zocala. Mexican food. Lots of it.

Second that recommendation. Plus, their patio atmosphere is a bit nicer than some other places to sit. I also second the vote for the turkey leg; it's HUGE. I usually share it with a friend. If it's still the same price as last I went, it's about $6 and GI-NORMOUS.

If you have Park Hopper passes and the parents need a bit of a rest, you can go to the winery in DCA for a salad/1/2 sandwich combo. On the patio, it's surprisingly quiet, and the parents may appreciate a glass of wine.

mkcbunny
03-31-2005, 10:30 PM
Also, we always hit River Belle Terrace one day for breakfast. Not because it's extra special, but it's got a reliable American-style breakfast for a decent price.

Although we often eat in the hotel or grab a coffee and light snack on the way to the park, there's always one day when we just don't get hungry until mid-morning and suddenly feel like a full meal. So we get to the park early, ride all our a.m. rides right away, and then take a food break. In July, the park should open early enough for you to get your first rides in before a meal on the terrace. And if you go between the opening rush [when you should be on rides!] and lunch, it's usually pretty mellow, and the view is nice.

Can't speak to lunch, though. We've never done that, only breakfast.

And with the exchange rates, our meals will seem cheaper when you come!

sdfilmcritic
03-31-2005, 11:58 PM
I think Rancho del Zocalo is one of my favorites that are moderately priced with very tasty food.

CrazyTrain
04-01-2005, 07:37 AM
I agree that Rancho was good. Overall. They have crispitos that are delish!

Last time I was at the park, I went to the French Market. The beef stew was great (not as good as my mom's though ;)) and the bread bowl was good as well (though it's sourdough). My roommate had the BBQ sandwhich and really enjoyed it as well.

Family5LovesDisney
04-01-2005, 11:37 AM
The Carnation Cafe is nice on Main Street. It's a sit down meal so it's relaxing. We enjoyed the menu, selection, and view! (if there are any parades going on while you are eating you can see them)

As mentioned on this thread the Rancho del Zocalo was good too!

Gramiangel420
04-01-2005, 12:23 PM
No princess meals? Simon the princesses are very pretty! :cool:
We ate at the Pizza Port in Tomorrow land. We didn't have the chicken, but we had some very good pizza and at a good price.
We stayed at the Grand Californian and I found the White Water snacks good, but very expensive. The strawberries were cheaper, but for meals for the four of us it could be pricey.
I love the Rancho del Zocala, but we missed it this time.
Bengal BBQ was ok, but the night I went it was rainy and late and the chicken was kind of dried out. Nice sauce, so I will probably try it again but earlier in the day.
The portions everywhere are huge, so you could probably share.
Have fun, I wish I were going back soon.

WITron
04-01-2005, 10:18 PM
We ate at the Pizza Port in Tomorrow land. We didn't have the chicken, but we had some very good pizza and at a good price.

I have to disagree about the pizza in Tomorrowland. Last time my DW and I were there we found the pizza expensive and not that great. Maybe it has to do with the fact that we have lots of great pizza places around that are inexpensive, but we did not find it a great deal.

sdfilmcritic
04-01-2005, 11:31 PM
No princess meals? Simon the princesses are very pretty!Well, if you insist I will dress up in a pink dress and tiara and serve you breakfast. But I don't think the meal will come out okay.

bradk
04-02-2005, 03:22 AM
a plant? i thought men like you were called a fruit.

04-02-2005, 07:03 AM
And now we return to our discussion of Disneyland restaurants ...

sdfilmcritic
04-02-2005, 07:05 AM
a plant? i thought men like you were called a fruit.Another funny Clue quote.