PDA

View Full Version : "People are Pigs"

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

meagee
03-28-2005, 10:09 AM
My family and I were at DL over the weekend. It was pretty crowded and I was thankful that we knew what DL is like when it is not so crowded. Waiting in line 30 min. suddenly does not seem so bad when the current standby wait is 90 min and the fast passes are all gone. On Sunday, I went to get a fastpass for Indy at about 11:30 and the return time was not until 5:30 that evening!

Also, the place was a mess! Everywhere you looked there was garbage. People would just leave their soda containers, candy wrappers and whatever other garbage anywhere they wanted. The inside line to Snow White had soda containers and other garbage all along the inside ledge and some on the floor. I have been to DL when it was crowded before but never have I seen such a mess. Did anyone else notice an unusual amount of garbage around the place this weekend?

bradk
03-28-2005, 10:14 AM
one of my particular 'favorites' from the David Koenig books involves how Walt once tried serving refreshments on the Mark Twain. The end result was that people felt free to use the ROA as a trash can. And that was by most accounts a more polite time in social history.

MsYumiBr
03-28-2005, 10:38 AM
It never surprises me how disgusting people are. I've seen dirty diapers left in the park in Toontown! Why can't a mother or father just take it to the garbage! And why change it in the little kid park and not the bathroom! Grrrr. People are amazingly disgusting. I have no shame in throwing other people's trash away nor telling other people's kids to throw their trash away. I'm becoming one of those annoying old women who *mother* people and confiscate slingshots from the neighbor's kids until their parents come and talk to me about what they were doing with it. I believe it's a birthright. As I always say, some people were just not raised right!

itig
03-28-2005, 11:32 AM
That's just amazing. I think DL has more trash cans per square foot than any place on earth. How hard is it for some people to walk 10 feet and toss their garbage?!?!?

SeansMom
03-28-2005, 11:33 AM
I'm becoming one of those annoying old women who *mother* people and confiscate slingshots from the neighbor's kids until their parents come and talk to me about what they were doing with it. I believe it's a birthright. As I always say, some people were just not raised right!

The way I see it, if enough of us become one of "those" mothers, the world will be a better place! Hey...maybe we should form a club! ;)

intervert
03-28-2005, 12:12 PM
pepole are pigs most live that way in their homes and can't bother picking up themselves

Crazy4DL
03-28-2005, 01:43 PM
It never surprises me how disgusting people are. I've seen dirty diapers left in the park in Toontown! Why can't a mother or father just take it to the garbage! And why change it in the little kid park and not the bathroom! Grrrr. People are amazingly disgusting. I have no shame in throwing other people's trash away nor telling other people's kids to throw their trash away. I'm becoming one of those annoying old women who *mother* people and confiscate slingshots from the neighbor's kids until their parents come and talk to me about what they were doing with it. I believe it's a birthright. As I always say, some people were just not raised right!

You Go MsYumiBr!!!!! you rock!! I am right there with you! :)

SCUBAbe
03-28-2005, 01:52 PM
I wonder if the 2fers have anything to do with it. They don't always bring in the best crowd of people.

Disneyphile
03-28-2005, 01:58 PM
I hate, hate, hate seeing trash and graffiti at DL, and other places as well. Especially at DL though, because there is absolutely no excuse with all the trashcans available every few feet.

If I see someone do it, I'm not afraid to be mouthy about it - I'll quite loudly say to someone else in my party, "Wow. Look at how some people are just too lazy to use a trashcan. I hope their yard gets littered while they're here at Disneyland. It'd serve 'em right for acting so poorly." :~D

vmjess
03-28-2005, 02:35 PM
This bothers me so much, especially since Disneyland is the one place you can go where it is clean and nice. We used to joke about dropping trash and seeing how fast a CM appears with a broom to sweep it up. The dirty Diaper thing really grosses me out- go into the bathroom to change diapers- the changing table is there, the trash is there, and then you can WASH YOUR HANDS!!!

RStar
03-28-2005, 03:08 PM
I think it's possible that you saw a bit more trash than usuall because it is spring break. I've noticed that the teens seem to not care about the trash as much as the adults. Not to say that the adults can't be pigs, and that ALL teens are pigs. It's just been my observation, about the majority.

Also, I have two teens, and their rooms would have made what you saw look clean!

Mermaid
03-28-2005, 03:13 PM
I work for a rental car agency and the condition people leave cars in is disgusting. About once a month someone buys sunflower seeds and just spits them all over the floor of the car, I've seen this happen with tabacco too. Dirty diapers are pretty common as well as half eaten food. On a late friday I had a car return that had been in an accident, I did the report and figured I'd call the shop on Monday morning to come get it. I never looked in teh back seat. Monday rolls around and I have to drive the car to a different office to get another car. I get in and there must be 10,000 ants in the car. In the back seat there were 1/2 eaten waffles, Mcdonald's and all sorts of stuff. It was SOOO gross. Funny thing, the lady that returned it was a 30 something business woman. Oh yes, people are pigs!!

disneyhound
03-28-2005, 03:17 PM
It all comes down to a complete and total disrespect towards property of others, and in many cases, a lack of respect of their own life and personal surroundings! Completely Un-Disney-Like!

PapiBear
03-28-2005, 03:19 PM
I seem to recall that for years there's been an army of custodians patrolling the Park, immediately sweeping up trash whenever it's dropped, so as not to breed trash. Am I to understand that they've been the victim of Pressler-era budget cuts?

meagee
03-28-2005, 03:21 PM
To give custodial credit, I did see many custodial workers out relining the trash cans. Early Sunday morning at Club Buzz, I remember seeing a trash can full with soda containers almost bursting from the side flaps. Maybe there were just too many people to keep up with.

bradk
03-28-2005, 03:28 PM
when i see people littering sometimes, if i'm feeling especially adventurous and crazy, i go ahead and pick up the trash and throw it away for them.

Susan L
03-28-2005, 03:29 PM
There is an old saying "You are what you live" meaning if you are a pig at home you will be a pig anywhere else.

bradk
03-28-2005, 03:33 PM
which by the way, as a confirmed bachelor, i can tell you is absolutely untrue.

my lack of respect for myself has nothing to do with my total respect when i'm a guest in someone's home or interacting with the rest of the world for that matter.

i prefer the adage 'if you aren't part of the solution, you're part of the problem.' while i bask in being apathetic in this life, sometimes it doesn't hurt to help out.

Dream Again
03-28-2005, 03:55 PM

I'll never forget this time when I was about 5. I was at Enchanted Village (local theme park) and I had been playing with another girl in one of those ridiculously huge McDonalds-type big toys. There was about 2 or 3 ways to get out , but we were lost, and we only knew how to get to one slide. That slide had a dirty diaper on the very end of it, and being little girly-girls we were in no way going down that slide. So we were stuck up there for what seemed like an eternity, just screaming and yelling and crying for our mommies. Eventually we decided to search for another way out, and we finally found one. Going to see the movie Hostage kind of reminds me of this moment.

Ahh...good times.

Disney Vault
03-28-2005, 04:25 PM
I don't understand how people can be like this. It seems so many Americans are just getting lazy and don't want to walk 3 steps to the trash can. I guess that is one reason the Tokyo parks are so clean. The Japanesse just seems to be neater people and they also don't do all the name marking on things.

bradk
03-28-2005, 04:28 PM
there's also a 99%+ conviction rate in japan. that's a very healthy deterrent. the conviction rate in US is signficantly less - disturbingly less perhaps - and that's when they enforce the crimes. most littering is just not enforced.

MsYumiBr
03-28-2005, 04:41 PM
This is where my birthright comes into play. The Japanese old ladies are notorious nags, constantly under the scruitiny of peers. Honor is of upmost importance or you may as well kill yourself. If you don't, your peers will come after you. I once saw on the news while I was in Japan, some guy stole a truck, proceeded to drive it into a telephone pole with citizens running after the truck, he stumbles out of the truck with obvious head trauma, blood everywhere, and the citizens (at least 8) proceed to beat him up right there in full view of the police. There is something missing in our U.S. justice system!

Disney Vault
03-28-2005, 05:11 PM
This is where my birthright comes into play. The Japanese old ladies are notorious nags, constantly under the scruitiny of peers. Honor is of upmost importance or you may as well kill yourself. If you don't, your peers will come after you. I once saw on the news while I was in Japan, some guy stole a truck, proceeded to drive it into a telephone pole with citizens running after the truck, he stumbles out of the truck with obvious head trauma, blood everywhere, and the citizens (at least 8) proceed to beat him up right there in full view of the police. There is something missing in our U.S. justice system!
:eek: I guess we could all just run up to someone we see littering in DL and take matters into our own hands. So example if someone litters near Rivers of America then we through them in. If it is anywhere else in the park not near water we could toss them in the trash can head first. It could be fun :~D

BWthespian
03-28-2005, 05:20 PM
craptastic u know the park is messy when u start seeing the trash in the rides like when i visited over xmas i was on pinnchio right there in fron of the "pinooooooochio" gippeto there was a disneyland popcorn spelt everywhere along with the popcorn container, honestly its not like the cast memebers would lose thier job if they just walked in there real quickly to pick it up, would they lol? i dunno

BWthespian
03-28-2005, 05:25 PM
ughhhh and i forgot to mention the souviener maps i see laying about in the halls of the haunted mansion, common cast members its a slow moving ride and is very open enough and wide for u to walk in and pick things up cuz seeing the trash ughh it just ruins the ride