PDA

View Full Version : Early Entry Days

Pages : [1] 2

hillyut
03-28-2005, 08:52 AM
I am going April 19-21st to disneyland. I am getting messages from Ridemax about the early entry days. Does anyone know if these days are going to continue for all of April or if they are just during the spring break peak season? Also, I am thinking that Peter Pan is going to be the best for our first ride (I have a 4 year old who has never been on a dark ride before in his life, but loves Peter) how long of a wait am I looking at even if it is an early entry day and I run back as soon as the gates are open (I don't have an early entry pass)
Hilary

bradk
03-28-2005, 09:06 AM
EE should continue until at least 2006. it's every Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday. The season has no bearing on it.

Your best chances if you want to do Peter Pan first thing is to go on a non-EE day (Sunday, Wednesday, Friday).

However, if you're using RideMax, just let it tell you when to ride it.

Family5LovesDisney
03-28-2005, 09:06 AM
I am going April 19-21st to disneyland. I am getting messages from Ridemax about the early entry days. Does anyone know if these days are going to continue for all of April or if they are just during the spring break peak season? Also, I am thinking that Peter Pan is going to be the best for our first ride (I have a 4 year old who has never been on a dark ride before in his life, but loves Peter) how long of a wait am I looking at even if it is an early entry day and I run back as soon as the gates are open (I don't have an early entry pass)
Hilary There are three days a week where they allow Early Entry into Fantasyland provided that you have the correct type of Park Hopper Pass. I know that Thursday morning is one of those mornings and I believe Tuesday and Saturday may be the other two mornings but you can look that up on the Disneyland website and see for sure what the other two days are. Maybe it's four days?? I just know for sure that Thursday morning is one of the days that they do this.
Peter Pan is a great first ride to hit and it always gets very crowded within the first 25 minutes of the park opening. You can hit it first on an early entry day into Fantasyland or you can hit it first thing on an a normal day provided that you are in line about 30 minutes before the park opens and you are waiting at the end of Main Street for the rope to open. We used Ride Max and it scheduled Peter Pan first and all of our Fantasyland rides following that throughout the early morning. We were able to hit them all plus Big Thunder Mountain and Buzz Lightyear before having lunch.

mkcbunny
04-06-2005, 08:45 PM
I haven't been into DL for early entry in a long time. Do they only let you into Fantasyland, or can you wander the rest of the park without getting on ride lines as well? Are Fantasyland rides the only rides they've been opening for early entry lately? When we did it a couple of years ago, I could have sworn they had Indy and Space Mountain open [obviously the latter is closed now]. Do they ever add an E-Ticket ride to the early entry batch?

bradk
04-06-2005, 10:17 PM
it's just fantasyland, altho reportedly BLAB is/was also available, but that may have just been during its previews. i haven't seen confirmation of this since.

SarahJanet
04-06-2005, 10:21 PM
Buzz was open on our early entry day at about 7:30. We went there first thing and the cast members there said "sorry, Buzz slept in," so we went on the Matterhorn. But it is theoretically supposed to be part of the EE. (That was on March 26th.)

bradk
04-06-2005, 10:44 PM
for what it's worth, i'd recommend using EE to take advantage of shorter lines to ride on peter pan, matterhorn, and/or dumbo. later on in the day, any one of those 3 can take an hour alone just to get on, if not more.

HorizonsA
04-07-2005, 08:37 AM
I thought Early Entry was reserved to Disneyland Hotel guests. That's the way it used to be anyway. I was at Disneyland last week during the Spring Break days and I planned to get there early so as to go on a few rides before the crowds came. ANyway, when I got to the entrance there was already a huge line of people waiting to get in. I thought that all these people were from the Disneyland Hotels , but then I noticed a lot of people coming from the Lion King Trams area and they just walked right in. SO I got in line, thinking that maybe they're doing rope drop and they let people into Main Street and no further. But the CM told me that I didn't have Early Admission and I could not enter until 8am when the park opened. So, obviously, anyone can get early admission, apparently and they no longer do Rope Drops. -darn.

bradk
04-07-2005, 08:45 AM
EE at Disneyland is available through the hopper bonus tickets starting at 3 days, so yes, virtually anyone is able to get one.

at WDW, only WDW resort guests have access to magic hours or the ability to purchase e-ticket night tickets.

i believe rope drops are still done out of season.

Family5LovesDisney
04-07-2005, 09:20 AM
I thought Early Entry was reserved to Disneyland Hotel guests. That's the way it used to be anyway. I was at Disneyland last week during the Spring Break days and I planned to get there early so as to go on a few rides before the crowds came. ANyway, when I got to the entrance there was already a huge line of people waiting to get in. I thought that all these people were from the Disneyland Hotels , but then I noticed a lot of people coming from the Lion King Trams area and they just walked right in. SO I got in line, thinking that maybe they're doing rope drop and they let people into Main Street and no further. But the CM told me that I didn't have Early Admission and I could not enter until 8am when the park opened. So, obviously, anyone can get early admission, apparently and they no longer do Rope Drops. -darn.
I think that this is now available to anyone who purchases at least a 3 day Park Hopper Ticket. I wonder if they have changed this at WDW too?? I hope not!

mkcbunny
04-07-2005, 11:07 AM
for what it's worth, i'd recommend using EE to take advantage of shorter lines to ride on peter pan, matterhorn, and/or dumbo. later on in the day, any one of those 3 can take an hour alone just to get on, if not more.

Since so many people can get EE now, is Fantasyland immediately mobbed when the EE folks get in? Cuz on a regular day, when everything is open, a percentage of guests split off for Indy and other non Fantasyland rides.

We were thinking of hitting FL first on Wednesday to avoid the EE rush on Thursday. Thursday we'd hit anything we missed the day before in FL.

Also, since there are so many EE people doing FL early, does that mean that at park opening, the E-ticket rides get backed up quickly? Vs. on a regular day?

Finally, on EE days, is DCA slow at opening since everyone is at DL?? Or do they do EE at DCA, too?

EE is messing up my usual commando plan!!! :)

bradk
04-07-2005, 11:39 AM
EE is only for DL/MK and only for Fantasyland (maybe BLAB).

So at 10 am, whoever's at the DCA rope is first to get in to DCA. Sometimes SOC is open at 9:30a.

As far as EE goes, each family so to speak is able to use it once per hopper. It's very hard to determine how many people use it per day, and I don't think there are any guesses as to which day it's used most. I would assume Saturday is probably the most often used day.

The bottom line is, if you have EE, using it is still going to give you a smaller crowd than when the park is open for everyone.

If you aren't using EE that day, yes, it's best to avoid Fantasyland first thing since it will already be filled with people. Your best bet would be to hit Fantasyland first thing on Wednesday, Friday or Sunday.

mkcbunny
04-07-2005, 12:05 PM
Thanks for all, bradk.

atalmi
04-07-2005, 03:11 PM
How much earlier do you get in with EE?

bradk
04-07-2005, 03:19 PM
one hour before official park opening.

atalmi
04-07-2005, 03:29 PM
tks! :)

mkcbunny
04-07-2005, 09:42 PM
one hour before official park opening.

So if the park opens at 10, and EE is 9, when should you get there if you want to be near the front of the EE line? 8:30-ish?

bradk
04-07-2005, 09:44 PM
guess it can't hurt... with the exception of fantasmic, i'd pretty much advise showing up 40 mins before anything that forms a line. worst case is you end up standing around for 40 mins.

mkcbunny
04-07-2005, 09:55 PM
OK, I have a very important question:

Does bradk EVER sleep? :)

bradk
04-07-2005, 09:58 PM
only when i'm at work. and even then, only when i'm not on here while i'm at work.

pisces
04-08-2005, 08:35 AM
Yeah, I don't sleep either----an inveterate insomniac. And, good thing too.

When I go next December----the Park opens at 8:00 am, so my EE will be 7:00 am. I don't even think it's light, at that time, in December, especially if it's raining.

And, after staying out till 12-1 a.m, (Main Street closes an hour after the Park)..... the previous night.....that's about 4 hours of sleep!

I wonder if they're really going to have everything up and running, that should be, right at 7:00 am......and even in the rain???

We'll see. Wish Christmas would hurry up and get here already !

mkcbunny
04-08-2005, 12:15 PM
with the exception of fantasmic, i'd pretty much advise showing up 40 mins before anything that forms a line.

Ah the magic 40 mins: more than 30, but less than 45.

So, what's the current lead time on getting a seat for Fantasmic? I should probably just go find a thread about that, huh? :) Don't need the full rundown, done it before. Just wondering how early the crowd has been amasssing lately. Thx.

bradk
04-08-2005, 12:21 PM
on a busy day, for the first show, you can expect to find people waiting up to 4 hours or so for a prime seat. it's obviously much easier for a second show if there is one.

mkcbunny
04-08-2005, 12:28 PM
on a busy day, for the first show, you can expect to find people waiting up to 4 hours or so for a prime seat. it's obviously much easier for a second show if there is one.

Thanks, oh ever-watching Disney guru bradk. I am trying to searching for more info on the subject now. :) I have never tried to go just to show#2, only stayed for it after show #1. I'm having a hard time imagining getting to seating against the huge exiting crowd from show #1....

sierranevada
04-20-2005, 03:36 PM
As far as EE goes, each family so to speak is able to use it once per hopper. It's very hard to determine how many people use it per day, and I don't think there are any guesses as to which day it's used most. I would assume Saturday is probably the most often used day.

When you say each family is able to use it once per hopper does that mean the one EE gets in a family? Example, if 2 of us have AP's and one has the park hopper with EE, can we use EE?

Thanks.