PDA

View Full Version : Early Entry to Toon Town - Is it worth it?

Cherene
03-27-2005, 10:00 PM
Ok, so I am on the last of the planning stages and want to know if it will be worth dragging my family out of bed at the break of dawn to make it to the park by 7am for toon town. My dd is 3 and is love with the characters, so that would be a plus - I assume they are all out at that time.

So is it worth the early wake up call?

If there are light rain showers at the time, will the characters be out?

Any tips or hints that could make this easier?

thanks!

bradk
03-27-2005, 11:05 PM
early entry and toontown madness are not the same thing. toon town madness takes places about 20 minutes after the park opens (toontown is closed off to the public for the first hour of the park being opened). so are you sure it's not for 8:20? and yes, it's worth it. especially if you're planning on visiting toontown at some point in the day anyway. why not do it with signficantly lesser crowds?

Family5LovesDisney
03-28-2005, 04:15 AM
We went into Fantasyland for the early opening and then right to Toontown for the early opening. Toontown does not open to the general public until one hour after the normal park opening so we were able to do both.

Is it worth it?????

There were a lot of characters if you really want to see them all. We skipped the characters since we had done two character meals and had already seen everyone that my boys wanted to see.

What my boys enjoyed was being able to ride the Gadget Go Coaster as many times as they wanted with no wait at all. We also were able to ride the Roger Rabbit Ride with no line.

They pick a special family that gets to be part of a ceremony at 9:30 in which everyone becomes a citizen of Toontown. Everyone receives a button proclaiming them to be a Toontown citizen.

You can catch some of these characters on Main Street if you are there before the park opens any morning (as soon as they let you in, you can run right over to them all) So if it's just to see the characters, I'm not sure if it is worth it or not. I guess it would depend on which character you wanted to see.

The chance to ride the Go Coaster and the Roger Rabbit ride without a line was worth it for my family.

Flint
03-28-2005, 04:59 AM
for Toontown? No.