PDA

View Full Version : Walts Favorite Meal nonsense

WizKidRyan
01-05-2002, 10:57 PM
OK am I the only one bothered by that Walts Favorite meal sticker put next to some menu items at resteraunts? Specifically at Rancho De Zocala...This place was just opened this year! How can dishes on there be one of Walts favorite? :)

cemeinke
01-05-2002, 11:00 PM
Well, in the interest of keeping his park profitable, Walt certainly would have prefered those items which had been lagging in recent sales ;)

Nigel2
01-05-2002, 11:51 PM
What is it, Chili? I heard that was one of walts favorite foods. Well by favoirtie meal they mean the dish, not the place it is served at, like anyone here that has been to "El Adobe" in san juan will see a dish called the Presidents Special (Nixon's favorite) well it was his favorite there but other places all call it that as well.

tinkfreak
01-06-2002, 01:30 PM
It's legit. A 6 or 7 page leaflet was ditributed on 12-4-01 that listed many of Walt's favorite foods/snacks. Each had a cute little story and a few even had pictures. I thought it was interesting and personal. The stickers that you see by the menu items are indicating that it was a favorite food of Walt's, not his favorite dish at that particular restaurant. Some of them were very basic, such as cheesburgers chili, and black coffee. Others were more elaborate and not part of the regular menu such as Chris' cold pie, and choclate ice cream sodas.

As pathetic as the DLR's efforts were on Walt's 100th, I think this was cool.

Nigel2
01-06-2002, 02:11 PM
Who needs a parade and a big celebration with big names, we have food. Hmmm I wonder if it's like comfort food?:)

Dlandmom
01-06-2002, 04:33 PM
Originally posted by tinkfreak
It's legit. A 6 or 7 page leaflet was ditributed on 12-4-01 that listed many of Walt's favorite foods/snacks. Each had a cute little story and a few even had pictures. I thought it was interesting and personal. The stickers that you see by the menu items are indicating that it was a favorite food of Walt's, not his favorite dish at that particular restaurant. Some of them were very basic, such as cheesburgers chili, and black coffee. Others were more elaborate and not part of the regular menu such as Chris' cold pie, and choclate ice cream sodas.

As pathetic as the DLR's efforts were on Walt's 100th, I think this was cool.

Bummer, I didn't get a leaflet that day. Did you have to get it at a restaurant, or the front gate?

Ace
01-06-2002, 07:23 PM
I went there on the 9th.... and all I could tell that was different was the eggnog and stuff. I was looking for walt's food, since I had heard something about it. but there was none..... oh well. I got a sugar-high off dole whips and went on Indy a couple dozen times.... mmmmmm.

Mouse
01-06-2002, 09:57 PM
I doubt what I had a few days ago at the river belle terrace would have gained Walt's esteem even though was marked with a Walt's favorite sticker. It was vegetable stew in a bowl. Sounds good enough right? One taste is all you need to know that paying 8 dollars for that soup and a salad composed only of yellow lettuce was not Walt's favorite.

So what if Walt liked vegetable stew? My best guess is he would send this back. If I like home baked cookies that doesn't mean I like oreos.

ripplededge
01-06-2002, 11:06 PM
Supposedly the (old) Plaza Inn was Walt's favorite place to eat.

It doesn't matter with me... you give me 20 frozen chocolate covered bananas with nuts on them and I will be happy... errr for a day, or until the sugar wears off.

Ace
01-07-2002, 03:04 PM
mm......frozen bananas....although last time I went to the park I found a new, and better (please...... I cannot believe I just said that....) sugary food.............. DOLE WHIPS!!! man those are good.....and you can get them from inside the tiki room (sort of.)

Nigel2
01-07-2002, 09:45 PM
Originally posted by Squinky
I went there on the 9th.... and all I could tell that was different was the eggnog and stuff. I was looking for walt's food, since I had heard something about it. but there was none..... oh well. I got a sugar-high off dole whips and went on Indy a couple dozen times.... mmmmmm.

Well the walt's 100th things were all last minute so odds are they werne't ready in such a short time.

tinkfreak
01-07-2002, 09:52 PM
Originally posted by Dlandmom

Bummer, I didn't get a leaflet that day. Did you have to get it at a restaurant, or the front gate?

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention that, it was for cast members.

(given to management to read to CM's at their roll calls)

Geez, the rest of you guys sure are cynical. I didn't say I thought the food thing made up for the lackluster events of that day. I just thought it was a neat side note or whatever. Leave me alone!

Nigel2
01-07-2002, 10:28 PM
I wasn't in attack mode, but it does seem last mintue since it was announced on 12/5 and it didn't show up as much until later.

MickeyD
01-07-2002, 10:31 PM
Originally posted by tinkfreak

I just thought it was a neat side note or whatever. Leave me alone!

Aww tinkfreak, don't let them getcha down! It sounds kinda cool, but I haven't seen the stickers anywhere.