PDA

View Full Version : Once again, Star Tours FASTPASS machines turned off

Darkbeer
03-27-2005, 01:50 PM
And this time it looks like it is for good....

After having the system up for a week or so after being closed for a couple of months, on Easter Sunday it was closed.

olegc
03-27-2005, 05:25 PM
I wonder if this is a sign of things to come this summer - how do we keep a TON of people out of the walkways during our most advertised event in the history of the resort... by keeping them in line... We knew this was coming..

I just wonder where they will put all the people lined up for Buzz. Maybe in the Club Buzz area once the show goes away... Oh, sorry, then the entrance to the shop will be blocked - so it's down Main Street we go! Even with FastPass for buzz this will be interesting...

Maybe the summer hours should start earlier and they should have new hours, say till 2am. This way at least some folks who travel from far away will get a chance to ride a few attractions. Better yet, create the same Disney Nights program they do in Florida - on days when the park closes early hotel guests can buy extra tickets for a semi-private entrance to the park to enjoy certain attractions...

Something...

SoCalDude
03-27-2005, 05:33 PM
I just wonder where they will put all the people lined up for Buzz. Maybe in the Club Buzz area once the show goes away... Oh, sorry, then the entrance to the shop will be blocked - so it's down Main Street we go! Even with FastPass for buzz this will be interesting...

The Buzz loine can take on a ton of people, it has lots of room to grow without heading into MS or the store entrance/ride exit.

experiment626
03-28-2005, 07:04 AM
Hasn't it always been known that once Buzz opened that Star Tours would loose their FP?? No surprise to me.

Disney Vault
03-28-2005, 02:41 PM
It's about time. This attraction just didn't need FP. Unless they were to update the videos and technology.

SoCalDisneyLover
03-28-2005, 05:50 PM
It's about time. This attraction just didn't need FP. Unless they were to update the videos and technology.

Which apparently they have No plans to do.

sunfun94
03-28-2005, 06:04 PM
Originally Posted by Disneys Biggest Fan

Originally Posted by SoCalDisneyLover

*** Actually they do and have had plans to update Tours. Word around the starspeeder is that there may be a new safety video coming as well as decorum...there was talk about a new ride film (which in essence would provide a new attraction practically) but it seems as though that was either scrapped or put on hold. The FP for Tours really could be necessary especially with the onset of summer...The powers that be had tested different configurations for it (FP) with what seemed to be different reactions. All I know is that it was a pain to work with...
The only thing that frustrates me is the TRAFFIC into Tomorrowland just after Astro on either side... ugh!

Disney Vault
03-28-2005, 06:08 PM
You never know once Einser is gone :D

sunfun94
03-28-2005, 06:18 PM
You never know once Einser is gone :D

That is going to be a wonderful day :)