PDA

View Full Version : Singles lines

hillyut
03-27-2005, 09:21 AM
We're going to Disneyland with our 2 children and I am wondering if there's a list somewhere of the rides that have the singles line? My husband is a tad more adventurous than I am. Also, can you do switching on the singles lines? I mean, if he wanted to ride Indiana Jones and then I wanted to ride it, could we bring our kids down and then just switch.
Also, are the singles lines very time-effective?
Hilary

mcow1
03-27-2005, 09:23 AM
My son, who used the singles lines all the time, says he was told they don't have them anymore.

Deogge's Mom
03-27-2005, 09:59 AM
At Disneyland Splash Mountain has a single rider line. They are experimenting with single rider line once again at Indiana Jones (no guarantees that there will be a single rider line when you are there).

DCA has single rider line at Soarin', Screamin' and Mulholland Madness all the time. GRR and Maliboomer offer a single rider line only at busy times.

The way they load Soarin', it is usually better to get a fast pass instead of using the single rider line.

kristen
03-27-2005, 08:07 PM
D's Mom, that's a hilarious sig, I'm sure all parents feel that way at one point or another, or every point after the first kid! :D but hey, It'll all be over in like...oh wait,...mother/fatherhood never ends...well, good luck to ya! God speed! lol

sdfilmcritic
03-28-2005, 07:50 AM
Note: Indy does not do a single rider line anymore. I don't know about Splash Mountain, because I rarely go on that ride. Pirates never participated in the single rider line feature as far as I know about. What other rides are there that have used the single rider feature?

bradk
03-28-2005, 08:13 AM
with the possible exception of IJA returning, AFAIK, only splash mountain uses it in DL. DCA offers it on GRR, SOC (altho reportedly you get the worst seats) and Maliboomer.

Darkbeer
03-28-2005, 08:44 AM
I will repeat what Deogge's Mom said... Heck, she was just typing what I told here while watching my soccer game...

Right now, only Splash has a Single Rider line, you get a special pass at the FASTPASS return entrance, and then enter thru the exit.

In the last few weeks, they have been testing to see if they can bring back Single Rider to Indy, without have folks "cheat" after the safety film. As far as I understand, they are not offering it during peak, but it might come back for more testing in April.

In DCA, there are 5 attractions that offer it....

Soarin' offers it, you get a pass at the FASTPASS entrance, and then wait in a seperate queue area for each theater. This creats some long waits, and usually getting a FASTPASS is better.

Mulholland Madness, just tell the CM at the FASTPASS return entrance.

Screamin', you get a pass at the FASTPASS return area, then use the special wheelchair entrance and stand in a special queue.

On Busy Days, Grizzly River Run offers it (get a pass at the FASTPASS return area, then enter thru the exit).

Maliboomer has a special Single Rider entrance to the left of the main entrance, it is only open during busy times.

Niwel
03-28-2005, 09:16 AM
For how to manuver the single rider lines, check out this article (http://www.mouseplanet.com/lani/tp040713sl.htm) :)