PDA

View Full Version : Question about May 4th at DL

greenscreenltd
03-27-2005, 08:24 AM
Do you think any families will pull a Clark Griswold and show up that day, not having heard about the closing of the park?

I wonder if the park plans to offer discounts on future visits to those poor souls who show up, or will they just be greeted with signs reading, "Closed."

Leash81
03-27-2005, 08:38 AM
I'm sure the CM's will direct them across the way to DCA. I'm sorry but even though I was a kid the first time I saw NL Vacation my first thought was why didn't you call the park before you left to make sure it was open.

AVP
03-27-2005, 09:05 AM
There has been so much advertising and publicity about Disneyland being closed that day, that it would be difficult to claim that you didn't know if you had done the *least* bit of research before your trip.

That said, I'm sure thousands of people will show up that day, and be sent right to DCA.

AVP

RStar
03-27-2005, 07:38 PM
Yes, I hear they are planning on it.

[begain sarcasim]They have some "special" plans (read shows, ect.) to make the pour souls feel compinsated in some small way. The problem is that from the front gate it will appear that Disneyland is operating normally. They will have to give the pour saps a "I'm sorry, but you weren't special enough to be invited" speach.[/end sarcasim]

I would hate to work front gate security that night!

DisneyDustin22
03-27-2005, 07:46 PM
i think it might be exciting to watch people react to DL being closed, "like they didnt know" could provide some amusing entertainment. but thats just me, when I don't have the $$ to go drinking on a saturday night I like to hang out at Citywalk at 10pm playing cards with my buds and watch security approach kids to make them leave and then listen to the hilarious excuses. amusing i tell ya.

RStar
03-28-2005, 03:17 PM
So, on second thought, it might be fun to work that night! Too bad I'm not a CM ;)....