PDA

View Full Version : Day vs. night-time attractions?

Pages : [1] 2

mraw
03-26-2005, 07:03 PM
I was wondering if you prefer certain attractions during the day instead of night and vice versa? I'm putting in attractions for RideMax, and one plan (I'm trying out many different combinations) is telling me to ride Autopia ten minutes before close. Is Autopia lit at night? Do you prefer the Matterhorn during the day or night? If you know about others, please let me know. I want to find the best combination that will also work with a preferred time of day to experience an attraction...
Thanks!

rentayenta
03-26-2005, 07:07 PM
Everything is better at night. My favs at night are:

The Matterhorn
Alice
Storybookland Canal Boats
BTMRR
Autopia
IASW

Marox3
03-26-2005, 07:19 PM

The Matterhorn
Alice
Storybookland Canal Boats
BTMRR
Autopia
IASW

I've only done one of these at night - - BTMRR. The best time for that ride is when the firework show is going. It was great. I need to try the others on my next visit.

SallySkellington
03-26-2005, 07:52 PM
I agree with renta, everything is better at night. I'm especially fond of PotC at night.

Disney Vault
03-26-2005, 08:54 PM
I'm especially fond of PotC at night.
Was that a joke or are you serious? :confused: I agree most rides are better at night but this ride always feels like night anyway. I would actually say PotC is better during the day because then your eyes aren't use to the dark so the sky and other effects look more realistic imo.

SallySkellington
03-26-2005, 09:02 PM
Was that a joke or are you serious? :confused: I agree most rides are better at night but this ride always feels like night anyway. I would actually say PotC is better during the day because then your eyes aren't use to the dark so the sky and other effects look more realistic imo.I was serious. I think it has something to do with the fact that your eyes are more used to the low light, so you can see more. That's why I like it better at night.

MsYumiBr
03-26-2005, 09:02 PM
Somehow we always manage to ride Autopia at night. It's not only like being at some night racing, but standing in line is soooo much more comfortable. Just like Small World, you can get scorched and heatstroke just standing in line in the daytime.

mraw
03-26-2005, 09:33 PM
Somehow we always manage to ride Autopia at night. It's not only like being at some night racing, but standing in line is soooo much more comfortable. Just like Small World, you can get scorched and heatstroke just standing in line in the daytime.

I used to work at the Speedway at the Magic Kingdom, and it got crazyhot there! We also had to wear pants at all times (to avoid being burned by hot car parts). There really is something about a theme park at night. I'll have to see if I can work in the Matterhorn after nightfall. Once when I was at the Magic Kingdom, I rode Splash Mountain while SpectroMagic was going on. It was really cool to come down Chickapin Hill and see the illuminated floats making their way through Frontierland.

RemainSeatedPlease
03-26-2005, 09:48 PM
The entire park is better at night!
favs-
Jungle cruise
BTM
Matterhorn
TOT
Splash Mountian
HM...just cuz..even if it's always night inside...it's fun!
Dumbo(no line then)...ya know I haven't been on Peter Pan in forever!
The Teacups!!
Indiana Jones

cstephens
03-26-2005, 09:48 PM
I was serious. I think it has something to do with the fact that your eyes are more used to the low light, so you can see more. That's why I like it better at night.

Yep, me too. Same with the Haunted Mansion.

KarenW2
03-26-2005, 10:53 PM
The Enchanted Tiki Room!! You can see the pre-show fire better at night and the film, if you watch it. Back in the old days, one of the best ways to spend a summer night was to do the Tiki Room, come out and follow it up with a dinner and show at the Tahitian Terrace!! Definitely Summer Magic!!

Another favorite is the Jungle Cruise, especially with someone you love, going thru the jungle at night. Very romantic! Except for the gun shots of course! :D

Family5LovesDisney
03-27-2005, 08:41 AM
I was wondering if you prefer certain attractions during the day instead of night and vice versa? I'm putting in attractions for RideMax, and one plan (I'm trying out many different combinations) is telling me to ride Autopia ten minutes before close. Is Autopia lit at night? Do you prefer the Matterhorn during the day or night? If you know about others, please let me know. I want to find the best combination that will also work with a preferred time of day to experience an attraction...
Thanks! I have read that if you go into a dark attractions (such as Haunted Mansion or Pirates of the Caribbean) after it is dark, you will notice more details inside of the ride because your eyes have already adjusted for the darkness.

I think Splash Mountain is great in the dark. Big Thunder Mountain and the Matterhorn felt very different at night too.

Disneyfreak
03-27-2005, 09:35 AM
The Enchanted Tiki Room!! You can see the pre-show fire better at night and the film, if you watch it. Back in the old days, one of the best ways to spend a summer night was to do the Tiki Room, come out and follow it up with a dinner and show at the Tahitian Terrace!! Definitely Summer Magic!!

Another favorite is the Jungle Cruise, especially with someone you love, going thru the jungle at night. Very romantic! Except for the gun shots of course! :D

Does anyone know why they didn't put back tehitian terrace? It seemed like a no brainer with Tiki Room being new again.

TOTFan
03-27-2005, 10:09 AM

I don't think night really matters for indoor rides.

rentayenta
03-27-2005, 10:21 AM
I don't think night really matters for indoor rides.

Um, okay. :confused:

MZCosmo
03-27-2005, 10:31 AM
I really like DCA at night, it has a whole different feeling to it. I just wished they would keep it open later. It is more of an adult park anyways, why not open it later in the day and close it later at night.

Disney Vault
03-27-2005, 11:37 AM
I guess it would be easier to say what attractions are better during the day. Almost every attraction seems better when it gets dark. I have to really agree with the jungle cruise because it just seems more realistic.

UncleGDogWord
03-27-2005, 02:11 PM
When I was in High School there was this guy who swore that Space Mountain was faster at night, but that could be attributed to his drug problem and not the actual speed of the ride.

I myself have always enjoyed Matterhorn and Screaming at night. Also liked Splash Mt. during the warm Summer's Eve (the actual evening not the Hygiene Product).

Though a popular ride during late operating hours seems to be Inovention. When I was there two New Year's ago it was like Night of the Living dead around 12:30 am.

BRING BACK SOMETHING GOOD TO THE CAROUSEL MATT OR I WILL HAVE TO TYPE IN CAPS AGAIN. :D

Like I would actually protest and not go to DLR you big lug. :)

grinninghosts
03-27-2005, 03:03 PM
Thanks!
Big Thunder Mountain is awesome at night especially if it's the last ride, they sometimes let you stay on for another ride. Incredible!!

davebert4
03-27-2005, 03:07 PM
When I was in High School there was this guy who swore that Space Mountain was faster at night, but that could be attributed to his drug problem and not the actual speed of the ride.

There was a long thread/heated debate about this a while ago.

Wendi
03-27-2005, 03:26 PM
BTMRR and ToT are definitely best at night!

Flint
03-27-2005, 04:46 PM
The whole park is better at night... there are fewer kids.

Faves, however, are:
Alice in Wonderland/Teacups
Matterhorn
BTM

I won't do BTM during the day, it's ugly.

animagusurreal
03-27-2005, 07:47 PM
One thing I like about doing Pirates during the day is getting all "convinced" that it's night and then walking outside and "realizing" - "oh my gosh, it's really still daytime!" :D

But I'm a natural born night owl anyway (as you could probably tell from all those 3AM postings,) so I concur with most rides being better at night.

"At Disneyland, we have a saying. Daytime is fun, but nighttime is...magic!"
- Disneyland Ambassador on 1960's (?) "Holidays at Disneyland" TV Special

sdfilmcritic
03-28-2005, 07:52 AM
Matterhorn is a great ride and it's even more fun at night.

I tried Autopia at night once and it was extremely dark to see where I was driving. :rolleyes: The cars don't exactly have strong headlights attached to the front.

mystycalchyk
03-28-2005, 07:55 AM
The only ones that are "must do's" at night for us are Storybook Land and Casey Jr.

At DCA we like the Sunwheel at night, but its not a necessity like the other two are. We wont ride them until dusk at least :)