PDA

View Full Version : Are there discount meal coupons for DL restaurants?

ima_mickeyfan
03-26-2005, 09:30 AM
We are a family of 6 going to the best place on earth, and I was wondering if any of the restaurants offer meal discount cards or buy 1 get 1 free ? I know it's probably wishful thinking, I have already decided that my 2 little girls and I will share some meals, but when it comes to eating my dh and 2 boys have hearty appetites. I remember last time we went to dl my youngest son hardly ever ate his food he was 2 busy being in AHHHHHHHHHHH!!!! so we tossed alot of food. I just want something cost affective.

Wendi
03-26-2005, 09:48 AM
How did you book your trip? When I book package deals I always get a coupon book - there are generally a few coupons in the book, maybe 15% off at Yamabuki, it won't be a huge discount, and it won't cover a wide variety of restaurants, but it can save you - especially if it's a place you were planning on eating to begin with.

You can eat cheaper outside the parks, but I never want to do it unless it's the end of the night and we are leaving the parks anyway.

Check out Whitewater Snacks for huge portions at a reasonable price, it's very casual, but the food is great, the atmosphere is nice, and if your family is big on sodas (or coffee) pick up a refillable mug and get your money's worth while you're there.

Family5LovesDisney
03-26-2005, 10:06 AM
We are a family of 6 going to the best place on earth, and I was wondering if any of the restaurants offer meal discount cards or buy 1 get 1 free ? I know it's probably wishful thinking, I have already decided that my 2 little girls and I will share some meals, but when it comes to eating my dh and 2 boys have hearty appetites. I remember last time we went to dl my youngest son hardly ever ate his food he was 2 busy being in AHHHHHHHHHHH!!!! so we tossed alot of food. I just want something cost affective.We received a coupon book through the Disney Company when we booked our vacation. I think it was called the CA Fun Book. It had a coupon for the Rainforest Cafe......one free kid's meal........the ESPN with one free kid's meal........10% off your total bill for any DL Hotel resturant and a few other coupons for places to eat in downtown Disney.

jon80flt
03-26-2005, 11:09 AM
You could consider upgrading one of your passports to an Annual Passport, that way you could take advantage of discounts all over the resort for food and merchandise.

There are different levels of AP's that give you diffferent discounts at places and amounts... you should check out www.Disneyland.com/ap to see if it's worth your while.

You wouldn't need to upgrade all your tickets, just the one for the person who will be paying for things.

If your passports have an extra benefit, like early entry, wait until after you use that feature to upgrade to an AP. Also, be aware of the blackout days on the AP you consider... if the days you are at the park are blackout days, you would have to buy "blackout tickets" for $30 in order to enter on those days.

I know it's confusing :confused: ...that's why I threw my hands in the air, and bought the Premium AP... no blackout days and the most discounts at the most places.

Good luck,
Jon

ima_mickeyfan
03-26-2005, 01:01 PM
thanks for all your advice guys & gals! I did book through WTC. so I should expect a CA book from them it seems like, I would have to look at our plan. the one big splurge we are doing for a meal is Goofy's kitchen for dinner. We are staying at the DH and I was thinking of upgrading to the consierge service to take advantage of the lounge for snacks and water etc. maybe not! i don't know if it is going to be worth the price. dh said that we could just go to the local grocery store and stock up on things and it would be cheaper.

dlfanshl
03-26-2005, 05:01 PM
There is a AP discount or a AAA discount at Goofy's Kitchen. It all helps. In regards to the concierge service, if you can fit it into your budget it is soooo much fun. My children had the choice of DHL plus concierge or off-site and a 4 day cruise and it's Disneyland Hotel with concierge. The first time we did it was the only time I came home with money. I tghought it was as fluke but it happened again the next year. The breakfast, afternoon snacks, plus all those drinks are wonderful. I also purchase disney dollars for my kids for all the special holidays, when we go they have their own spending money.

Shel

jennia
03-26-2005, 05:23 PM
We have pretty hearty appetites in this family but find that the meals are often so generous that we can split a dinner and dessert and still be satisfied. Also remember that it is allowed to bring SNACKS into the parks. We bring a backpack with beef jerky, Wheat Thins, cookies, water bottles and usually some sort of candy. This helps to alleviate the various, sweet, salty, etc cravings and we don't mind buying meals in the park as much when we haven't dropped a ton of money on snacks!!

Family5LovesDisney
03-26-2005, 05:23 PM
thanks for all your advice guys & gals! I did book through WTC. so I should expect a CA book from them it seems like, I would have to look at our plan. the one big splurge we are doing for a meal is Goofy's kitchen for dinner. We are staying at the DH and I was thinking of upgrading to the consierge service to take advantage of the lounge for snacks and water etc. maybe not! i don't know if it is going to be worth the price. dh said that we could just go to the local grocery store and stock up on things and it would be cheaper.
There is a small fridge in the room so it wouldn't be a problem to stock up!