PDA

View Full Version : What's your best meal bargain at DLR?

BoLTMaN
03-25-2005, 09:46 PM
I've really enjoyed reading all the posts!

So I KNOW you experts can come up with some ideas here....

Basically... what's a good meal for the money invested at DLR?

Its ok to include DL, DCA or DTD.

Thanks for the ESPN and Rainforest Membership ideas those seem to be good ideas.

Also the soft drink refill from pizza port seems like a good idea for those who drink soft-drinks.

Pesonally, so far the Chili-cheese fries at the hot diggity dog place in DCA seem like a pretty good deal considering Disney food pricing. At least they give you a pile of fries!

Any other ideas?

03-25-2005, 09:57 PM
The breakfast burrito at Whitewater Snacks in the Grand Californian Hotel. It's huge enough to share, very fresh, not greasy.

BoLTMaN
03-25-2005, 10:03 PM
The breakfast burrito at Whitewater Snacks in the Grand Californian Hotel. It's huge enough to share, very fresh, not greasy.

Never been in the Grand Californian I'll have to check it out in two weeks :D

Thanks! I love Breakfast burritos!

P.S. Do they serve them all day?

Earkid
03-25-2005, 10:08 PM
DH and I always share one order of the chicken fusilli pasta at Redd Rocket's pizza port. It's huge and one order fills us up (and DH can EAT). I think it's under $8.

The corn dogs from the Red Wagon on Main Street should NOT be missed. They are huge and delicious and people often share one. Comes with chips for under $6.

bassett1976
03-25-2005, 10:12 PM
I've read on another web site that you can always order a double cheese burger and then order an extra bun. Then you make two single cheese burgers at your table.

My wife and I have split meals at the Carnation Cafe, Pizza Port, Hungry Bear and even the Blue Boyou. When we went to the Boyou we asked for an extra order of potatoes and then split an entree, we didn't get charged for the extra order. Not sure if that was a mixup or not.

Also, splitting entrees means you can order a dessert. *S*

TikiGeek
03-26-2005, 02:26 AM
For a snack, the turkey legs that they sell at the vending carts are a great deal. They are $6 but they are huge and delicious! Easily a great snack for 2-4 people. Darnit! Now I'm craving a DL turkey leg! :)

tinafromidaho
03-26-2005, 06:56 AM
don't know if this belongs here or not but I just signed up for the rainforest cafe safari club and got my membership card and $10.00 gift certificate and the gift certificate expires in June and we aren't going until October :crying:

TOTFan
03-26-2005, 07:27 AM
I've read on another web site that you can always order a double cheese burger and then order an extra bun. Then you make two single cheese burgers at your table.

*S* That has to be the wierdest thing I ever heard

I think Tortilla Joes Taqueria(the little take out stand on the side) has the best deal under $5. YOu get Three HUGE meat filled tacos. You have to almost eat them with a fork cause the put so much in there. Also there Nachos are huge, burritos huge, pretty much every thing. Most Items under $7 Here's a link Tortilla Joe's (http://www.mouseplanet.com/cgi/reviews/do/display.cgi?product-sku=dlrtortillajostaqueria)

tinafromidaho
03-26-2005, 07:36 AM
I just called Rainforest Cafe and asked if I could let someone else use my
$10.00 gift certificate from the safari club since it expires before we would be there to use it. The manager told me that they don't care what the expiration date is the honor them whatever the date. Whoo Hoo for me.

ima_mickeyfan
03-26-2005, 08:09 AM
I would love to know the link to the rainforest cafe, so that I can sign up and get my certficate also.
thanks
:p

kohl
03-26-2005, 08:35 AM
I know many people like the Rain Forest Cafe. Every time we go it take FOREVER for our food to come. Last year when ate there I got food poisioning. I know it can happen at any restaurant, but after the service always being so slow, then with food poisioning, we won't be back there anytime soon.

CrazyTrain
03-26-2005, 08:56 AM
I did a search... http://www.rainforestcafe.com/SafariContactUs.asp
Looks like it's $15 to join, but you get a $10 voucher. Looks like you can oly get it at the store though... maybe by calling?

BillsGirl
03-26-2005, 09:09 AM
tinafromidaho,

I use the expired rainforest coupons all the time!! I just used one last month (february 27) that expired in September of 2004.

I called the 800 number to ask if my card was still good, (you have to use it 2 times a year from the date you bought the membership or you have to pay to reactivate the membership) She said I was fine and I said I couldn't remember when I had been last and I had and old coupon that had expired so I thought it had been awhile. She said oh the coupons don't expire go ahead and use it.

Since then my coupons are almost always expired before I use them!! I don't know why they put an expiration date on them in the first place!! :mad:

BillsGirl
03-26-2005, 09:11 AM
Looks like it's $15 to join, but you get a $10 voucher. Looks like you can oly get it at the store though... maybe by calling?

You also get a $5.00 certificate for your Birthday and a $5.00 for your wedding anniversary every year.

uvsc_wolverine
03-26-2005, 09:42 AM
If you don't have a need to go to a sit-down restaurant you can go to the Blue Ribbon Bakery on Main Street. They have gigantic pastries (cinnamon rolls...drool) that are quite reasonably priced. That's where I usually eat my meals when I'm at DL (with the exception eating lunch at the Blue Bayou once during my trip).

rentayenta
03-26-2005, 10:24 AM
This works well for my kids. The French Market has a 3 piece chicken dinner that comes with mashed potatoes, a roll, and a salad. My three kids (8,6,3) share it and still have leftovers. Feeding three kids for $12 is a bargain no matter where you go but at DL, it is pure magic! :D

SCUBAbe
03-26-2005, 10:47 AM
I know many people like the Rain Forest Cafe. Every time we go it take FOREVER for our food to come. Last year when ate there I got food poisioning. I know it can happen at any restaurant, but after the service always being so slow, then with food poisioning, we won't be back there anytime soon.

IMO it's overpriced and the food is mediocre.

Marox3
03-26-2005, 10:55 AM

I'm going to call and get this. I had no idea they had such an item. I should probably read all the stuff they have, but don't. We like their breakfasts - yummy. And, the VVVAAALLLCCCAAANNNOOOOOO YUMMMY. :eek:

SCUBAbe
03-26-2005, 10:59 AM
I liked the rancho del zaco (mexican restaurant). I had two fish tacos, rice, beans, chips and salsa for $8.99. that is less than I would spend at any restaurant I go to. Dinners' are usually around $14.99 to $21.99 when i dine out away from the park in other social activities. It was filling and we could refill our drinks.

Family5LovesDisney
03-26-2005, 01:33 PM
I don't think we had any bargains when we were at DL! :) I thought that the Carnation Cafe was a good value for a sit down meal and we liked the Mexican place mentioned earlier in this thread. We received generous portions for our money! I had the beef nacho dish and I could only eat about half of it. I could have split it with someone else. My boys were able to split a 6 piece chicken strip meal over at the Strips, Dips, & Chips take-out in Paradise Pier. I had them share a soda too since they didn't have a kid's meal option and they would never drink a huge soda by themselves!

disney jones
03-26-2005, 02:00 PM
bargain? :rolleyes:

(if you have kids, pack in PBnJ's, chocolate granola bars, and juice.)

sjcivilady
03-26-2005, 02:32 PM
A friend and I split a turkey sandwich at Boudin Bakery (?) in DCA and each got a drink. We had brought little baggies of that "Munchie" chips mix, so we had sandwich, chips and drink for what I would consider reasonable at the park. Also a couple years ago, my cousin and I split the nachos at the mexican walk up for dinner. I don't mind paying their drink prices if I split something. Actually, my most recent trip, I paid for all our meals in the park with my disney reward dollars---that was the best deal :) And one night we ate at Mimi's cause I had heard so much about it here - got lots of food for the $$ - had quiche, that came with a huge muffin, fruit, green salad and bread that I guess everyone gets - so the muffin, fruit and leftover quiche were my very yummy breakfast the next morning - that meal came to about $21 for two. thanks, everyone, for the suggestions - I'm going to save them for future trips.

SoCalDude
03-26-2005, 04:38 PM
IMO it's overpriced and the food is mediocre.
Well, I thought the food was quite good - but did think it was overpriced and not a large portion. We did not get anything special at all and it cost us more than when we have dinner at the Blue Bayou (spelling?)! And this was after thy gave us our DL AP discount! It was a very nice place, don't get me wrong - but if you are looking for a bargain then look away from the rainforest cafe lol.

Mermaid
03-26-2005, 07:16 PM
I'm with you scuba, I have the Rainforest Cafe. If I had young kids than maybe, but I have been to the one in Vegas and the one here in Phoenix a couple times. The animals squawk so loud you can not hear anything and the food is not very good. I haven't ever been there for breakfast though to be fair. At DL, I also like Pizza Port. I like to go for what I call "lunner" (like brunch but btw lunch and dinner). I go at 2 or 3 and that will last me until I want Ice Cream on the way out along with every one else at DL!