PDA

View Full Version : What would we do to the park if we could?!

Pages : [1] 2

kristen
03-25-2005, 04:43 PM
i honestly think sales would sky-rocket if they put the Test Track in Tomorowland, a huge special affects show (like the WDW one) in at Hollywood backlot, and really hype and sorta remodel the imagineering spinning place (i know, cringes all around, but i seriously can't remember the name) in Tomorowland as a place for the up and coming new technology showroom! (like with "stuff to come in the next five years", "dreams of stuff to come in the next 50 years" and you can try everything!--with maybe some kind of "anvironment friendlystuff" section or that idea explained in the new gadgets, how they are env. friendly some of them) and then take down the fort on Tom sawyer's Island and replace it already cause it has termites and they really don't seem to want to rebuild it anyway, and put the native american teepee village in (okay wierd, but i think it could be done right with the correct signs, and a gradual change in plantlife and maybe a seperate port from the place where the McDonald's Westard Ho wagon is next to Thunder mountain...or something). It'd be a great place for character meetings and I guess it would be wierd...but maybe it doesn't even have to be on the island, maybe the village could be where the old barbeque area is that doesn't get used anymore (again, it's something across from Thunder mountain). The fort should still be taken care of however...Oh and with the fact that they are going to eventually put something in the lagoon, it would make the park feel fresh and jampacked with attractions as never before...or something like that...But hey, those are just the ideas of someone who doesn't have to work with public reaction nor the amount of money that these things take...But how about you guys? What would you all do to the park if you could do anything?:D

SallySkellington
03-25-2005, 05:05 PM
I would make HMH permanent. :D

tink's mom
03-25-2005, 05:18 PM
I would relocate the whole park here, to Oklahoma, then when I move back to Utah in a couple of years I would move it there :~D

SANDYMARIE
03-25-2005, 05:39 PM
i honestly think sales would sky-rocket if they put the Test Track in Tomorowland, a huge special affects show (like the WDW one) in at Hollywood backlot, and really hype and sorta remodel the imagineering spinning place (i know, cringes all around, but i seriously can't remember the name) in Tomorowland as a place for the up and coming new technology showroom! (like with "stuff to come in the next five years", "dreams of stuff to come in the next 50 years" and you can try everything!--with maybe some kind of "anvironment friendlystuff" section or that idea explained in the new gadgets, how they are env. friendly some of them) and then take down the fort on Tom sawyer's Island and replace it already cause it has termites and they really don't seem to want to rebuild it anyway, and put the native american teepee village in (okay wierd, but i think it could be done right with the correct signs, and a gradual change in plantlife and maybe a seperate port from the place where the McDonald's Westard Ho wagon is next to Thunder mountain...or something). It'd be a great place for character meetings and I guess it would be wierd...but maybe it doesn't even have to be on the island, maybe the village could be where the old barbeque area is that doesn't get used anymore (again, it's something across from Thunder mountain). The fort should still be taken care of however...Oh and with the fact that they are going to eventually put something in the lagoon, it would make the park feel fresh and jampacked with attractions as never before...or something like that...But hey, those are just the ideas of someone who doesn't have to work with public reaction nor the amount of money that these things take...But how about you guys? What would you all do to the park if you could do anything?:D
Kristen,

Love your signature...........and totally agree!!!!!
Sandymarie
<>< :)

Boingonut
03-25-2005, 08:46 PM

What she said...

Lekta
03-25-2005, 09:15 PM
I'd make Space Mountain open!

sleepyjeff
03-25-2005, 09:22 PM
Something like this....

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

******DISNEYLAND TO CREATE DINING EXPERIENCES*******

ANAHEIM...It was announced today that Disney will massively overhaul the way they serve food. Street vending carts will all but disappear and will be replaced by full service restuarants catering to people who want to have dinning be part of the whole experience. Replacing Alladins Oasis will be a full service Hawiian dinner show featuring firewalkers and hula dancers. At lunch, a less elaborate show will feature a visit from Lilo and Stitch. The old Hungry Bear Restuarant will be re-named "Big Als". Many of the old AAs from the Country Bear show will be on hand to liven things up in this neck of the woods, and yes Big Al will be there too. This will be a full service buffeteria serving steaks, seafood, chicken, and specialty sandwiches. A bear size salad bar will also be available(think Sizzler meets chuckecheeses). On Tom Sawyers Island the newly rebuilt Fort Wilderness will feature a small restuarant with both sit down waitress service and a fast food window. Beckys Place will serve mostly finger sandwiches and fresh fruit. The Village Haus Restuarant will go from fast food to a full service eatery featuring German and Itallian dishes. The Village Haus will not be the only eatery going from fast food to full service....Red Rockets will be re-modeled and re-launched as a full service restuarant with cutting edge dishes(and pizza). On Main Street USA, the American Egg House will be re-opened after a long absence(the AEH will also feature full service). When asked to commet on the major shift from vending cart to waitress service dining, a spokesperson for the DLR said that "Disneyland is supposed to be about the best possible experience, and we feel that this is a step in that direction."

****NEW TOMORROWLAND TO OPEN AT DISNEYLAND IN THE NEAR FUTURE****

ANAHEIM...It was announced today that Disneyland will launch a New Tomorrowland over the next many months. The old Star Wars inspired ride Star Tours will be replaced by a new multi-faceted attraction featuring a journey on an intersteller starship called Orion. The Journey starts with a spaceplane trip to the starship which is parked in Earth Orbit. After disembarking the spaceplane, passengers get aquainted with their ship. Finally it is announced that passengers may visit the bridge(the old magic eye theater)for a good view of the voyage launch...of course they will be asked to leave in emergency pods when the nuclear pusher plate develops a sudden crack. Using invisable paint on the old peoplemover support beams and track, Flying Cars will be zooming around Tomorrowland with reckless abandon. Using that same invisable paint on the support arms, rocket jets will once again fly over Tomorrowland, but this time they look like they may be able to fly anywhere. "Seabase Alpha; 2055" will be journeyed to aboard the old Submarine tracks...the new subs will feature plush seats and bigger windows. Fiber optics will make this attraction completely different by night. Horrizons will premeire in the old Innoventions building. This ride will tell the story of what our ansestors thought the future was going to be....and what we might think it's going to be too. The new Skyway Transportation Center will feature a link to Fantasyland thru the Matterhorn Mountain, to the Hollywood Back Lot Skyway Center(to be built at the same time)in DCA, and a third platform that may link to a possible new Resort Hotel.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

******MATTERHORN TO GET SOFT******

ANAHEIM...It was announced yesterday at the Disneyland Resort that the Matterhorn will receive a major overhaul later this year. Durring this re-hab, sides of the Mountain will be removed to help with the return of the skyway. Also, a new effect will be added to the Mt. Some of the cave walls will be set in motion to give the illusion of a avalanche. Most "comforting" of all the news regarding the Matterhorn; space age foam called CONFOR Foam will be used in the seats and backs of newly upholstered Bobsled cars. This is really good news for those persons who have found their posteriors aching after a trip down the Mt.

***DISNEYS CALIFORNIA ADVENTURE TO BE MADE READY FOR LARGE CROWDS***

ANAHEIM...It was announced earlier today at the DLR that several new transportation ideas were being explored for DCA. "We know that with each new attraction we add to this Park, the place gets a little more crowded....if we start seeing the numbers we predict entering the Park, gridlock may result...a viable means of moving people around needs to be explored" said a Disneyland Resort spokesperson. A skyway is already planned for transport to and from Disneyland. This same skyway may also connect Hollywood Back Lot to Paradise Pier. A trolly going the leangth of the Park is also being seriously considered. In related news, tram service to both Paradise Pier and The Disneyland Hotel will be brought back by Popular Demand.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

****LITTLE MERMAID RIDES TO OPEN AT BOTH DISNEYLAND RESORT PARKS*****

ANAHEIM...It will be anounced later today that both DCA and Disneyland will open rides based on the Little Mermaid. In DCA, the ride will be of the Dark variety, and will be built underneath the California Screamin Rollar Coaster. This ride will be using the same advanced "trackless" cars used on the Winnie the Pooh ride in Tokyo Disneyland. It is reported to be the most elaborate Dark ride ever constructed at any Disney Park. Across the way at Disneyland, in the former Motor Boat lagoon, small boats will take kids, and lovers alike on a slow moving romantic lagoon ride themed after the "kiss the girl" scene of the Little Mermaid Movie.

*****NEW RESORT HOTEL TO BE CONSTRUCTED NEAR DISNEYLAND****

ANAHEIM...It was announced this morning that the Disneyland Resort is going to add another 2000 rooms over the next 10 years. Negotiations with the owners of Howard Johnsons and the Fairfiled Inn have been completed. Soon demolition will set the stage for the construction of a 800 room Hotel with a Tomorrowish theme. Connecting this Hotel with Disneyland will be a sky tram.

*****NEW LAND TO BE BUILT AT DCA*******

ANAHEIM...It will be announced tomorrow that Disneys California Adventure will start construction of a whole new land based on "The San Francisco that we all know in our hearts but never really was".....it is expected that two "super Eticket" attractions will be included in the construction. In keeping with sj policy regarding family friendly rides, it can be assumed that these attractions will be more like Pirates of the Caribean and less like Indiana Jones.

*****NEW HOURS ANNOUNCED FOR DISNEYLAND RESORT THEME PARKS****

ANAHEIM...It was announced today that major changes to the operating schedule of the DLR will be initiated. Here is the tentative new hours:

Disneyland: Summer and Holidays----Sunday thru Friday[8am - 11pm]
Saturday[8am - 1am]
Off Season--------------Sunday{9am - 9pm}
Monday{9am - 8pm}
Tuesday{closed}
Wednesday & Thursday{10am - 8pm}
Friday{9am - 11pm}
Saturday{8am - 11pm}

DCA: Summer and Holiday-----Sunday thru Thursday[11am - 12mid]
Saturday[10am - 2am]
Off Season-------------Sunday{11am - 11pm}
Monday & Wednesday{closed}
Tuesday{9am - 10pm}
Thursday{11am - 10pm}
Friday{11am - 12mid}
Saturday{10am - 2am}

*****NEW TICKET SCHEME FOR DISNEY******

ANAHEIM...The Disneyland Resort announced today that a new simple ticket system will replace the old multi-faceted one.

Admission:

Disneyland---$25.00
DCA---------$18.00

Rides will be ala carte. Sold in tickets A($1.00), B($1.75), C($2.50), D($3.00) and E($3.50). Books of tickets will also be available which will include 1a, 2b, 3c, 4d, and 5e tickets for the price of only 4e and 4 d tickets(savings of over $14.00)
All old forms of admission will be honored(including their unlimited ride componets) until they expire. No new Passports will be sold. Old Passports will not be renewable.
*****NEW E-TICKET RIDE TO BE BUILT IN TOONTOWN*****
ANAHEIM...Mickey and the Beanstock will be the backdrop to a new fully immersive ride in ToonTown. The ride will feature a overhead omnivore type conveyance which will let the guests get a sense of height durring the assent up the beanstock. Guests will explore the giants castle and grounds with Mickey and his pals. They will then find themselves in flight for their very lives racing the giant to the ground.....

*****GOLDEN DREAMS NO MORE***********

ANAHEIM...The Golden Dreams show/movie will end its controversial run this week at DCA. Replacing the attraction will be an Audio Animotronic show similar to one the plays at Epcot in Florida. Instead of American icons gracing the stage, Californian greats will speak to the audience about what makes California so Golden.

***********SLEEPING BEAUTY TO RETURN***********

ANAHEIM...The Castle walk-thru at Disneyland will re-open next week with all new Diorama Displays. For the first few weeks fast passes from any other Disneyland attraction may be used for quick entry to the Castle Walk-thru.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

****NEW ANAHEIM CAMPGROUND AND WATER PARK****
ANAHEIM...A new campground will be constructed west of the Mickey and Friends parking structure. "This will not be your typical KOA" said a Disney spokesperson. It will feature 180 full hookup sites, and 265 electrical only sites. Personal tents will not be allowed, but themed T-pees and covered wagons are available at many of the 445 sites. The pool at this resort campground is really no pool at all but a mini-water park. It features 2 220'+ slides; a 400' river raft(innertubes) run, and a 1/2 acre swimming hole with rope swings and other devices that serve the ultimate purpose of getting you wet. The water park will be open to all Hotel and Campground resort guests.

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::More fake news comming...or not

uvsc_wolverine
03-25-2005, 09:37 PM
Wow, SleepyJeff. You've really put a lot of thought into this, haven't you?

srfantasmic
03-25-2005, 09:38 PM
Although I'd love to see more attractions, I'd fix this first....

Better pedestrian circulation during/after Fantasmic, Fireworksand Parades. I'd simply make a pedestrian walkway/exit from New Orleans Square to the back of Big Thunder Mountain (Around the lake). This would cut down on post-Fantasmic foot-traffic through Main Street and would make the 9-11PM time not such a huge headache.

sleepyjeff
03-25-2005, 09:58 PM
Wow, SleepyJeff. You've really put a lot of thought into this, haven't you?

What? Those old ideas :fez:

d00mbuggy
03-25-2005, 11:32 PM
Thanks SleepyJeff, that was very detailed, but I, personally, was kinda thinking more along the lines of bringing back the Peoplemover.
And, as you brought up, the Skyway too.

sdfilmcritic
03-25-2005, 11:38 PM
Hmm. Skyway? People Mover? Test Track? Lots of decisions here. I would vote for just deciding on something to do for the old PM track.

MrsG
03-26-2005, 11:38 AM
Well thought out, sleepyjeff! And some great ideas! But why do you want DCA open longer hours than DL??

sjcivilady
03-26-2005, 02:48 PM
A constantly moving peoplemover that goes in a big loop over everything that you could get off and on at different stations connecting different lands, the parks, the hotels. Would be fun to ride when you want to just rest, but see the parks from above, and get to different spots.

Family5LovesDisney
03-26-2005, 03:13 PM
Having visited the Park only once .........I don't have too many ideas. I do think that they could benefit from some more sit-down eating options. When I am in the Park with my three boys in tow, I get rather worn out. Standing in line, keeping my boys from fighting with each other while we are waiting, and carrying large trays of food (while trying to spy a table that will seat all of us together) isn't really appealing. I don't mind paying a little extra to sit back, relax, and let someone bring the food to me! For some reason, my boys behave much better in a sit-down atmosphere!

My husband was wondering why they don't have a big Fountain show in the lake around Paradise Pier in California Adventure??? He has always been a big fan of the fountain show over at Epcot. If not a fountain show, he thought maybe some sort of boat ride would be nice.

sleepyjeff
03-26-2005, 03:53 PM
Well thought out, sleepyjeff! And some great ideas! But why do you want DCA open longer hours than DL??

Not really longer hours, but later hours. The only time I find myself enjoying this place is after dark. The place is almost magical when not bathed in the cold stark reality of sunlight. :)

MrsG
03-26-2005, 03:57 PM
I agree. DCA is very nice in the evenings/night. I still don't understand why they close it so early. I don't see it as an attendance problem because the attendance numbers seem to be bigger in the evenings. I think it should close at the same time as DL.

Disney Vault
03-26-2005, 05:00 PM
My husband was wondering why they don't have a big Fountain show in the lake around Paradise Pier in California Adventure??? He has always been a big fan of the fountain show over at Epcot. If not a fountain show, he thought maybe some sort of boat ride would be nice.
I agree that a fountain show would fit in perfect there.

itig
03-26-2005, 09:37 PM
Love your post sleepyjeff...I was getting lost in how cool it would be if some of these things actually happened. nice...

kristen
03-26-2005, 10:50 PM
what's HMH?:)

kristen
03-26-2005, 10:51 PM
I would relocate the whole park here, to Oklahoma, then when I move back to Utah in a couple of years I would move it there :~D
\HEHE, you make me giggle...

kristen
03-26-2005, 10:52 PM
Kristen,

Love your signature...........and totally agree!!!!!
Sandymarie
<>< :)
Humungous Thank you to you!! Love the fish!! :D

kristen
03-26-2005, 11:11 PM
I'd make Space Mountain open!
I concur!!

kristen
03-26-2005, 11:11 PM
What she said...
hehe, yay!

SANDYMARIE