PDA

View Full Version : New 50th Commercials

Disney Vault
03-25-2005, 03:57 PM
Have you all seen the two new Disney 50th commercials. The first one is Goofy in a warehouse. And then he finds a box that says don't open until the 50th. So he opens it and a light shoots out and decorated the Disneyland resort.

The other one is for WDW. I only saw the end of it but I think it has Mickey, Goofy, and Jiminy Cricket. And Mickey wishes on a star and get new rides.

I liked them both even though I know some of you don't like the CG characters. Anyone else see these?

Jewels
03-25-2005, 04:04 PM
I just saw both today. I liked them. Something different is nice. Don't get me wrong I love the ones with the dogs but it's nice to have a change. It made me a little sad to see how many new things WDW was getting and we just had a parade and Buzz. But I am looking forward to Space Mountain and all the fresh paint.

kristen
03-25-2005, 04:42 PM
yeah, the commercials were great, but seriously, all THAT for WDW? It's OUR birthday!! ug...

Disney Vault
03-25-2005, 09:21 PM
I just saw both today. I liked them. Something different is nice. Don't get me wrong I love the ones with the dogs but it's nice to have a change. It made me a little sad to see how many new things WDW was getting and we just had a parade and Buzz. But I am looking forward to Space Mountain and all the fresh paint.
Too bad they can't advertise the paint. Everything is looking amazing.

KarenW2
03-25-2005, 10:46 PM
I feel the same way you do about this thing of the other parks celebrating OUR birthday and getting bigger and better things for their party! Anything to bring in those extra tourist dollars, since WDW's a much bigger "resort" than DLR is!!

Sheesh! First we give them OUR display of Walt's office, now they want OUR birthday, when will the madness end??!! :eek:

bassett1976
03-25-2005, 11:15 PM
My wife and I popped into DL today, after our early exit time from work. The crowds were really heavy today so we didn't stay too long. When we came in we noticed that they had some lights and things set up for a photo shoot by the flag poll. As we left, they had a group of people sitting on the curb on Main Street and pretended that they were watching the parade. It was funny to see two girls all made up in makeup and their hair perfect with some people who had been in the park for a while, some almost asleep. The girls kept saying things like "Hello Geppeto," and Hello to some other characters, can't remember. It was quite interesting.

kristen
03-26-2005, 11:40 PM
Too bad they can't advertise the paint. Everything is looking amazing.
Yeah, I was there last weekend, it was GORGEOUS!! better than I have EVER seen it, and I have been going since before I can remember...(i only live about 45 min. away by freeway...)

CrazyTrain
03-27-2005, 09:21 AM
I saw that Mickey, Jiminy, etc. commercial today and didn't really like it. It's just so vague - "our parks" are getting new attractions. Eh. And Jiminy's voice was so wrong. :crying:

tod
03-27-2005, 10:21 AM
Is now a good time to point out that when W*A*L*T D*I*S*N*E*Y W*O*R*L*D hit its major-anniversary years there was no mention of it at Disneyland, IIRC?

I'm beginning to feel that Disneyland ia the Harry Potter in the Dursley family of theme parks.

--t

Disney Vault
03-27-2005, 11:35 AM
Has disney put these new commercials up on any of there sites yet?