PDA

View Full Version : Pictures of First Disneyland Trip & Magic Kingdom vs. Disneyland

Pages : [1] 2

Family5LovesDisney
03-25-2005, 10:07 AM
First, here is the link to just a few of the many pictures I took while we were at Disneyland

http://share.shutterfly.com/osi.jsp?i=EeANWjZk0cNmTUIg

Second..........

And you can all add your input here on observations of Magic Kingdom vs Disneyland.

Overall, Disney World does have more to offer with four different parks, two water parks, tons of hotels, Pleasure Island, Downtown, and more.

However, if I was just to compare the Disneyland Park to the Magic Kingdom Park, my answer might be different! I am not an AP Holder to Disney World but have probably visited there at least 20 times. Orlando is only a 2 hour flight from Philly and it's in the same time zone so it makes for an easy trip! Plus I have some good friends that live in the Tampa area that we always enjoy visiting.

My husband and I felt that overall, the Disneyland Park was nicer then Magic Kingdom.

Pros were as follows:
1. The size is smaller so it's easier on the feet and much easier to navigate.
2. Fantasyland seems much more of a FANTASY in Disneyland. There are some extra rides such as Pinocchio, Alice, and the Matterhorn. Storybook Land does not exsist in the Magic Kingdom and the Casey Jr. Train Ride and the Canal Boats make for a pleasant ride through a wonderfully detailed and intricate miniature landscape.
3. The front facades are wonderful on two favorite rides........"It's A Small World" and "Pirates of the Caribbean" There is nothing to compare to them at the Magic Kingdom. The rides are longer and more detailed at Disneyland for both of these popular attractions.
4. Disneyland has the "original" Enchanted Tiki Room and it looks wonderful now that it's been recently spruced up!
5. The New Orleans section of Disneyland is amazing!
6. The detailing and landscape around the Winnie the Pooh ride is much better at Disneyland. Plus we liked the outside loading area.
7. There is an extra boat in the River......the Columbia.
8. We liked the atmosphere better along the River. I'm not sure why but it seemed to flow better. It was especially appealing at night.
7. Autopia is WAY better then the WDW Tomorrow Land Freeway!
8. The wishing well and Snow White fountain are unique to Disneyland
9. The theater in Fantasyland for Snow White's Enchanted Musical. The show and theater are also unique.
10. You still have Mr. Toad
11. TOONTOWN is SO MUCH BETTER! We loved pushing all of the knobs and having the interactive noises. It's much more detailed!
12. Disneyland has Roger Rabbit's Spin.
13. Fantasmic (even though we didn't get to see it)

CONS
1. Sorry, but Sleeping Beauty's Castle can't begin to compare to Cinderella's castle at the Magic Kingdom
2. Not sure if I can count this as a con since I liked having to walk around less but there are more gardens in WDW. I especially love the rose garden before you enter Tomorrowland.
3. The Magic Kingdom still has the People Mover (which my boys have always loved!)
4. There are more dining choices at the Magic Kingdom (however........since Downtown Disney is so close to Disneyland it's easy to hop the monorail and open yourself up to a huge selection of sit down dining)
5. The Magic Kingdom will still have Fireworks on weeknights during their off- season, not just on weekends.

yellowrosedtxn
03-25-2005, 10:11 AM
Those are wonderful pictures! I can't wait to go!!!!

mystycalchyk
03-25-2005, 10:16 AM
Great pics, your boys are too cute. :D Thanks for sharing. Oh and yeah I agree with you on the WDW ~v~ DL comparison except for the castle. But I'm a bit emotionally attached to our castle. ;)

Crazy4DL
03-25-2005, 10:20 AM
What a cute trio of boys you have! Thanks for sharing the pictures - I love seeing pictures especially after reading your very fun trip report! :)

rentayenta
03-25-2005, 10:21 AM
Cool pictures! Thank you for sharing them.

I love our (as in Disneyland's) castle too Mystycal.

Maus
03-25-2005, 10:25 AM
Everything mystycalchyk said!

Family5LovesDisney
03-25-2005, 10:35 AM
Great pics, your boys are too cute. :D Thanks for sharing. Oh and yeah I agree with you on the WDW ~v~ DL comparison except for the castle. But I'm a bit emotionally attached to our castle. ;) I probably am the same way about the castle at WDW. So I can understand! (and the castle in WDW is based on Castle Neuschwanstein in Germany which is one of my most favorite castles to visit!)

adriennek
03-25-2005, 10:54 AM
Thanks for sharing your photos and especially your appreciation for "our" park. I know I get a little defensive and tired of hearing people go on and on about WDW. It's really fun for me to listen to a WDW vet who loves DLR!

Adrienne

Disneyland2004
03-25-2005, 11:01 AM
Quit blow'n holes in my ship!!!!

Family5LovesDisney
03-25-2005, 11:22 AM
Even though CA is not a destination in and of itself the ALADDIN show there was another PLUS for the Disneyland area! There is no show like it in WDW!

Tyuasd
03-25-2005, 11:59 AM
One other pro for the Disneyland parks that you didn't mention (even in your trip report, did you see it?):

The (Main Street) Electrical Parade.

Family5LovesDisney
03-25-2005, 12:00 PM
One other pro for the Disneyland parks that you didn't mention (even in your trip report, did you see it?):

The (Main Street) Electrical Parade. I have seen it many times at the Magic Kingdom but not at CA. So you can see it in Florida or CA. I am not sure, but have heard, that it is the same show. From a video clip I watched on a website someone posted here on a previous thread, it looked the same.

DefyingGravity
03-25-2005, 12:12 PM
I would add Indy to the pros list. Definitely think that deserves to be on it.

Family5LovesDisney
03-25-2005, 12:19 PM
I would add Indy to the pros list. Definitely think that deserves to be on it. OH DEAR! How could I forget to add INDY?? You are SO RIGHT! I was able to ride it twice but could have ridden it MANY more times!

DefyingGravity
03-25-2005, 12:31 PM
I figured that you had probably just forgotten Indy. No problem! I love it as well. It just never gets old for me- I could ride it again and again and again...

Tyuasd
03-25-2005, 01:10 PM
I have seen it many times at the Magic Kingdom but not at CA. So you can see it in Florida or CA. I am not sure, but have heard, that it is the same show. From a video clip I watched on a website someone posted here on a previous thread, it looked the same.

The Electrical Parade is not currently at WDW.

I think it is at CA, Paris and maybe Tokyo.

tstan70
03-25-2005, 01:39 PM
Great report and photos, Family5LovesDisney!

by the way, my son has the same shirt that your youngest son has on in a few of the photos (green shirt with COWBOY on it) and it is one of my favorite T shirts that my son wears. We have a few photos of my son wearing the same shirt at Disneyland in December 2004. It brought back a lot of memories for me.

ima_mickeyfan
03-25-2005, 01:39 PM
Love the pictures...question though, were were you dining that the characters were in Sailor outfits. and my ds wants to know if the dirtpail and shovel came with your son's meal, he wants to eat there now... lol

MommyTo3Boys1Girl
03-25-2005, 01:48 PM
Those are great shots. I love all the ones with the characters.

Family5LovesDisney
03-25-2005, 03:06 PM
The Electrical Parade is not currently at WDW.

I think it is at CA, Paris and maybe Tokyo. It was there last January when we were in WDW. I guess they have done away with it now?? We have seen it several times over the past few years.

Family5LovesDisney
03-25-2005, 03:09 PM
Love the pictures...question though, were were you dining that the characters were in Sailor outfits. and my ds wants to know if the dirtpail and shovel came with your son's meal, he wants to eat there now... lolAriel's Grotto hosted by Captain Mickey. I just posted a review on it here at Mouse Planet. My boys LOVED the buckets and shovels. It came with Mickey Mouse shapped chicken nuggets and french fries and the ketchup was in the shovel.

Mark Goldhaber
03-25-2005, 07:14 PM
It was there last January when we were in WDW. I guess they have done away with it now?? We have seen it several times over the past few years.
SpectroMagic has been the nighttime parade at the Magic Kingdom for some time. They brought back Disneyland's copy of the MSEP for a short while before sending it back to DCA.

Marox3
03-25-2005, 07:21 PM
The Magic Kingdom still has the People Mover (which my boys have always loved!).

They have the People Mover???? Yeah. We've been telling our DS about this ride, and now we'll have a chance to show him in August!

Mark Goldhaber
03-25-2005, 07:48 PM
They have the People Mover???? Yeah. We've been telling our DS about this ride, and now we'll have a chance to show him in August!
It's not exactly the same. The TTA (formerly WEDway PeopleMover) is groups of cars powered by LIM (I believe), which speed up and slow down. The original PeopleMover was a continuous line of cars propelled by spinning tires in the track underneath the cars. Same general feel to the ride, though.

Family5LovesDisney
03-26-2005, 05:14 AM
SpectroMagic has been the nighttime parade at the Magic Kingdom for some time. They brought back Disneyland's copy of the MSEP for a short while before sending it back to DCA. I guess I was just thinking that it was the Main Street Electrial Parade since it went down Main Street. I only saw a video tape of the one in Califorinia Adventure (we weren't able to see it while we were there) but my husband and I thought that it looked exactly the same, even the music they were playing. But I am certainly not an expert so I guess I am wrong.