PDA

View Full Version : Jungle Cruise Upgrades by David K

Pages : [1] 2

Doodle Duck
03-24-2005, 06:22 AM
David K's telling of the Jungle Cruise upgrades sounds pretty darn good!!! Let's hope it all comes to pass in so short a time. Yipee!

Doug :fez:

sdfilmcritic
03-24-2005, 06:24 AM
The fire explosion seems to much of a long term maintenance problem. I have a feeling it won't make it.

stan4d_steph
03-24-2005, 06:27 AM
FYI, the OP is referring to this article on MousePlanet (http://www.mouseplanet.com/david/dk050324.htm).

Sounds cool. I can't tell from the article - are they doing anything to explain the "unnecessary right turn" near the native camp?

mbrady
03-24-2005, 07:58 AM
The fire explosion seems to much of a long term maintenance problem. I have a feeling it won't make it.

Perhaps doing a water splash without any actual fire involved would be easier to maintain? Something along the lines of the POTC cannonball splashes?

I wonder how they would do the fish-to-skeleton switcheroo?

disney jones
03-24-2005, 08:26 AM
wow. very cool. :cool:

olegc
03-24-2005, 09:22 AM
FYI, the OP is referring to this article on MousePlanet (http://www.mouseplanet.com/david/dk050324.htm).

Sounds cool. I can't tell from the article - are they doing anything to explain the "unnecessary right turn" near the native camp?

well, if you remember the ride, you pass the camp, and then around a right hand turn you encounter a crocodile versus a gorilla. Then, you make a hard right to avoid schweitzer falls, on to the African Elephants (and those of you with short term memory loss, an African Elephant). I wonder if all they plan to do is "extend" the camp all the way to the right turn, where you will encounter an avoidance..

SJSman
03-24-2005, 11:33 AM
"I LOVE DISCO!"

(see who is and is not a die hard Jungle Cruise fan...)

squuggy
03-24-2005, 11:40 AM
The article has me psyched to again see an old favorite. It is just this sort of improvement to show that has even the most critical among us slowly changing their attitude. Yes, if even half the article's changes occur this will be a pleasant improvement indeed.

MommyTo3Boys1Girl
03-24-2005, 12:13 PM
Looking forward to the 5th!

RemainSeatedPlease
03-24-2005, 02:24 PM
Cool!...and more jokes(at least some diff ones) I can imagine with all the new updates :D ...yay! can't wait till we go!!

Disney Vault
03-24-2005, 03:09 PM
This ride would be so cool if even half the stuff was added. The way the ride was before it closed just didn't seem that great to me and I wouldn't consider it an E ticket anymore. But if it gets some cool updates it could be a real E ticket again imo.

itig
03-24-2005, 04:43 PM
This sounds great! So glad to hear they're making some adjustments and updating this classic.

Wendi
03-24-2005, 06:08 PM
Wow, I had no idea they were doing so much... I'm really looking forward to seeing the NEW jungle boat cruise. A little pang of guilt that Max won't be there with me on this trip since it's his favorite ride, but at least he'll get to see it later this year.

nsyncitnd1787
03-24-2005, 07:38 PM
it sounds like it will turn out great! even if half the stuff gets done, it will be awosome. i can't wait to hear the new jokes (you can only think of so many different jokes for the same stuff over the years). i think some of the stuff (like the spider web and pyro scenes) might be a little scary to the little ones. i hope it won't be too intense for the little ones. as long as it's known (after it's been open a while) that it might be a little much for little kids, if that applies of course, then i have no problems with any of the changes. i'm just a little cautious about bringing my little cousins on this ride until after i ride it. either way- it's going to be awosome! can't wait to see those HUGE bushes and bamboo G-O-N-E! even if they just did that, it would change the whole ride.

adriennek
03-24-2005, 09:41 PM
Then, you make a hard right to avoid schweitzer falls, on to the African Elephants (and those of you with short term memory loss, an African Elephant).

Oh, come on! Am I the only one who misses, "Now we see the second most feared animal in the jungle: The African Bull Elephant. And here we see the most feared animal: His Mother-In-Law"?

?
Adrienne

Andrew
03-24-2005, 09:58 PM
Some of us are lucky enough not to fear their mothers-in-law... :D

KeithOfTerror
03-24-2005, 09:59 PM
I don't like it....

I do admire the ambition. And maybe it would be a really neat ride.

But this isnt the jungle cruise i grew up with. It's supposed to be campy and lo-tech and cheesy. That's why I ride it.

Just my thoughts.

Disneyfreak
03-24-2005, 11:15 PM
I don't like it....

I do admire the ambition. And maybe it would be a really neat ride.

But this isnt the jungle cruise i grew up with. It's supposed to be campy and lo-tech and cheesy. That's why I ride it.

Just my thoughts.

We cant live in the stone age forever. :)
It was really getting to be pointless.

sdfilmcritic
03-24-2005, 11:19 PM
"I LOVE DISCO!"I wanted to hear it so bad, but the Skipper keeps talking right throught it, dang it!

Gandalf
03-25-2005, 09:58 AM
It looks like things keep looking better the closer May 5th gets. I was wondering if the TSI and the fort will be restored with all the guns and climb-ons that were there originally? Man I kind of miss the days when PC wasn't strictly enforced (or at least it seems like that these days). Not sure why the rubberband guns and cap pistols (which I still have) are such a bad influence for kids and everyone now. My sister insists that her four year old can't even have a water gun/super soaker I gave him because it'll turn him to the dark side. Okay enough of this, maybe I'm just trying to recapture my youth. Have a good one guys!

bradk
03-25-2005, 11:15 AM
It's supposed to be campy and lo-tech and cheesy. That's why I ride it.

oddly enough, that's exactly what it WASN'T supposed to be.

i somehow doubt any changes they make are gonna make it for the worse. unless of course iago manages the jungle now.

charpaul
03-25-2005, 11:41 AM
No Disco Dancing!! - Can't you read the signs???? :)

sdfilmcritic
03-25-2005, 11:52 AM
No Disco Dancing!! - Can't you read the signs???? :)John Travolta didn't read them, why should I?

Disney Vault
03-25-2005, 03:52 PM
It's supposed to be campy and lo-tech and cheesy. That's why I ride it.

It isn't suppose to be that way. I bet Walt Disney would have updated it long ago if he was still alive.

Mark Goldhaber
03-25-2005, 07:24 PM
Has anybody else heard Thurl Ravenscroft's recording of the original spiel? It's track 2 of the Enchanted Tiki Room CD available at the Main Street music store.