PDA

View Full Version : December Parades?

Alpha1mom
03-24-2005, 04:17 AM
Hi,
Planning a trip in Dec for the 5oth. Does anyone have any idea what parade
will be there? I know (hopefully) the Electric Parade at DCA, but at DL, would it most likely be the Christmas Parade or the "new" parade?

Thanks for eveyone's input, not just this post but all of them! I learn so much on this board!!!

sdfilmcritic
03-24-2005, 04:21 AM
I went to go check the Disneyland website and the calendar of events only lists from now until June. Because the winter calendar isn't available on the website yet I could only assume they would do the Christmas theme parade they've done before in the past winters. Usually the Christmas parade is what you might expect -- all the classic and famous characters dressed up in winter outfits, dancing snowflakes, and Santa pulling up the rear of the parade.

oregontraveler
03-24-2005, 04:43 AM
The Christmas parade is great! I took the PM holiday tour and watched the parade from across IASW. The perfect way to see it.

Alpha1mom
03-24-2005, 04:58 AM
I've seen the Christmas parade, love it! I was hoping to catch the "new" parade. I'll have to wait and see once it gets closer to Dec.

AaronInCal
03-24-2005, 09:44 AM
Word going around now is that the Christmas Fantasy parade which is usually in Disneyland will be going over to California Adventure for Christmas 2005. This way Disneyland will still show the new Parade of Dreams twice a day through the busy Christmas season.

pisces
03-24-2005, 01:21 PM
.....and so, what happens to the Electrical Parade?

Lots of people counting on that parade, as it's a big selling point for Paradise Pier rooms, whereby you have a view of the Electrical Parade from the room.

I almost booked at Paradise Pier, because I think it would be great to turn out all the lights and watch the Electrical Parade......I believe you can even get the parade music simultaneously, all from the room.

Alas, I couldn't tear myself away from Grand Californian.

But, I'd still like to go to the Electrical Parade, as I forgot to see it my last trip.

Don't tell me it's been canceled.

I want everything. The Christmas Fantasy Parade, the 50th Parade, the Believe Fireworks, the 50th Fireworks, the Electrical Parade.

I know there's a way they can work all of that in all together.

stan4d_steph
03-24-2005, 02:06 PM
The Christmas Fantasy Parade is a daytime parade, so as long as they can stage all of the floats for both parades in the backstage areas, I would think they could have both parades running.

sdfilmcritic
03-25-2005, 12:11 AM
Don't remove the Electrical Parade! It's a piece of nostalgia!

pisces
03-25-2005, 08:14 AM
The Christmas Fantasy parade is not necessarily a daytime parade.

I wouldn't exactly call it late night.

But, in December it gets dark at 5:00 pm.

At least last year, the Christmas Fantasy Parade started at about 7:45 pm.....but many times they were delayed (rain, technical difficulties) .... and didn't get started to closer to 8:15, 8:30.....bumping right up against the fireworks, and the 1st, or 2nd Fantasmic show.

But, I do hope you are right and there is a way, logistically, to work in both the Christmas Fantasy and Electrical Parades.

I know I'm going to be absolutely scrambling to catch both parades at the California Adventure, and still get back over to the Original Park to take in the Fireworks, 50th Parade, and try to fit in at least one Fantasmic show.

That's a lot of running/scampering back and forth, trying to stake out all the best seats/spots......next December!

tod
03-25-2005, 08:47 AM
Don't remove the Electrical Parade! It's a piece of nostalgia!

Darn tootin'. In fact, why not move it back to Main Street?

--t

sdfilmcritic
03-25-2005, 11:56 AM
Darn tootin'. In fact, why not move it back to Main Street?I believe you had a revelation, tod. Maybe just epiphany. Or possible a bit of turkey with a little gravy.

"There's more to gravy then there is grave about you."
I'm a sleep deprived Dickens quoter. Go figure.

pisces
03-25-2005, 12:44 PM
If it's moved back to Main Street, then Resort guests won't be able to see it from their Paradise Pier rooms.

Viewing the Electrical Parade from the room is part of the reason people choose the Paradise Pier Hotel to stay at.

sdfilmcritic
03-25-2005, 12:47 PM
If it's moved back to Main Street, then Resort guests won't be able to see it from their Paradise Pier rooms.

Viewing the Electrical Parade from the room is part of the reason people choose the Paradise Pier Hotel to stay at.But then again staying at the Hilton Hotel across the street you could see the Disneyland fireworks if you have a north facing room.

pisces
03-25-2005, 12:50 PM
True, but do you also get the music?

I think a large part of the appeal of Paradise Pier is that you can watch, and also turn on a Disney channel to hear the music at the same time.......assuming you had a theme park view to begin with.

tod
03-25-2005, 01:10 PM

Viewing the Electrical Parade from the room is part of the reason people choose the Paradise Pier Hotel to stay at.

Half the rooms are facing away from DCA already.

This may be a big draw for you, but I have my doubts whether it's a big draw for everybody.

My feeling is that the parade belongs on Main Street. It was planned that way and it just fits there.

--t

pisces
03-25-2005, 01:35 PM
If it's moved back to Main Street, the likelihood of getting good seats/viewing spot.....are decreased.

Obviously, being in a Paradise Pier room, being able to turn out the lights, and having an unobstructed view of the Electrical Parade, complete with music and popcorn.......

.......ok, somebody please tell me why I'm booked at the Grand Californian?????

Anyway, I just feel keeping it in California Adventure gives a lot more viewing options than cramped Main Street.

Do you know for a fact that they are moving it back?????

tod
03-25-2005, 02:48 PM
If it's moved back to Main Street, the likelihood of getting good seats/viewing spot.....are decreased.

But it's so much better there. The narrow street focuses the sound, and there's an excitement about small space.

Obviously, being in a Paradise Pier room, being able to turn out the lights, and having an unobstructed view of the Electrical Parade, complete with music and popcorn.......

.......ok, somebody please tell me why I'm booked at the Grand Californian?????

You got me.

Anyway, I just feel keeping it in California Adventure gives a lot more viewing options than cramped Main Street.

This is correct. It is particularly correct because DCA is a ghost town most of the time. If they wanted lots of space they could have just run it in a circle in the parking lot behind DCA... Timon, is it?

Do you know for a fact that they are moving it back?????

No, it's just a wish.

--t