PDA

View Full Version : Anyone stay at Best Western Stovall's Inn?

atalmi
03-23-2005, 12:18 PM
Looks at reviews and there are none :( Anyone with recent experience there? How close is it to the park?
I'm also looking at the Candy Cane Inn... thanks.

Leash81
03-23-2005, 12:25 PM
I have never stayed at the Best Western but I have stayed at the Candy Cane Inn 4 times now with another 3 stays planned for this year. I think it is by far the best hotel to stay at if you aren't staying on property. The walk is easy even after a long day at the park or you can catch the free hotel shuttle every 1/2 hour. The rooms are clean and very nice. The sink is seperate from the toilet/shower and the beds are very comfortable. I have never had a problem at this hotel that I had to deal with the front desk about but they are always very freindly during check in/check out. Also if you decide on this hotel try calling their reservaions line before you book because I have found they sometimes have specials that you only find out about over the phone.

atalmi
03-23-2005, 12:38 PM
I have never stayed at the Best Western but I have stayed at the Candy Cane Inn 4 times now with another 3 stays planned for this year. I think it is by far the best hotel to stay at if you aren't staying on property. The walk is easy even after a long day at the park or you can catch the free hotel shuttle every 1/2 hour. The rooms are clean and very nice. The sink is seperate from the toilet/shower and the beds are very comfortable. I have never had a problem at this hotel that I had to deal with the front desk about but they are always very freindly during check in/check out. Also if you decide on this hotel try calling their reservaions line before you book because I have found they sometimes have specials that you only find out about over the phone.

I just called to see if their rates and availability was different than what is online and was told all they had available for 4/20 - 4/23 was Smoking and the rate was about $30 more than online. I definitely can't go with a smoking room... so now I have to find another alternative for that time.

Chadsgal
03-23-2005, 12:57 PM
I have stayed at the Stovalls twice. It was about 4 years ago and we enjoyed it. If my memory serves It has two pools and a very nice hot tub! :) It is directically across the street from DL we never took a shuttle and always walked. The rooms were nice and I recomend it over Best Westerns Park Inn and mini suites.

Gouru
03-23-2005, 02:14 PM
I've stayed at Stovall's a number of times. It's always been clean, the pools have been fine and the Topiary has been there forever. It wasn't the most convenient to the park, especially when DCA was being built, and I haven't stayed there since then, but we enjoyed the times we've been there.

Assuming of course you aren't looking for a 'destination' hotel, but more for a clean comfortable place to sleep.

hlbtimes2
03-23-2005, 09:09 PM
We stayed there in May 2000. I would hope that since that time they have done some renovations. Things were looking pretty worn at that time. I think we were there for 4 days. Most days we would walk to the PPH and catch the tram to the park. The only problem we had, was one day house keeping left our door slightly open after cleaning. Nothing was missing and it was just a little over site on their part. It was scarey though. My husband had stayed last at the park to go on a couple more rides. My almost 2 year old and I had went back to the hotel alone to go to bed. When I arrived and the door was ajar. Thankfully the person in the room next door was just coming back too. I had him stand guard, out side the door with my child, while I went in to make sure things were ok.