PDA

View Full Version : Sunday--Last Day for Disney's Electrical Parade

FOOD_AND_DRUG
01-04-2002, 07:59 PM
If you wish to catch the last Electrical Parade before it goes away (for good...lol!), Sunday, January 6, 2002 will be the last performance at 6:45 p.m. inside DCA.

DCA will close Sunday at 8:00 p.m.

zapppop
01-04-2002, 08:09 PM
I'm glad.
The Main Street Electrical Parade has no business in California Adventure. I saw it there a couple times in the past but it just looks ridiculously out of place there and the more times people go to DCA to see it, the longer TDA will keep it there. I will never go back to DCA again to see the MSEP, but I will continue to complain to the Disneyland Resort until it's back in Disneyland.

SteveCJB2001
01-04-2002, 08:53 PM
is it really leaving. I didnt know that. Its still listed on the Disneyland website but as a weekend parade only like it was for sometime before thanksgiving.

driftwood714
01-06-2002, 01:24 AM
Wrong. Currently, it's scheduled through the 19th of Jan with the rest being To Be Determined.

So it's not going anywhere anytime soon.

EandCDad
01-06-2002, 07:46 AM
Driftwood, currently the Disney.com site shows DEP playing on the 13th (next Sunday) but not the 14th (next Monday). Is it playing daily until the 19th or just on the weekend? Thanks

zapppop
01-06-2002, 08:18 AM
I just checked.

The Main Street Electrical Parade is moving to weekends only; it's not leaving DCA yet.

Techie7
01-06-2002, 08:19 AM
This might be posted in the wrong place. I found DEP playing but I could not find a date that Blast or Believe is running. I did notice that all of the moving sidewalk acts are now listed as Disney removes many rides for refurb. Hope someone can find times or dates for these. I am going crazy trying to find times or dates for these two shows I love on the DLR website. :confused:

zapppop
01-06-2002, 08:26 AM
Believe; There's Magic In The Stars will be back Saturday.
LuminAria will not.
Don't know about Blast.

driftwood714
01-06-2002, 01:22 PM
Seriously, the disneyland.com website is probably the last place I'd go for up-to-date information. Call the park directly. 714-781-7290. I know that they only have entertainment up to the 19th and havent gotten a new show schedules for later. Entertainment needs to get off their butts and release the schedules.

Morrigoon
01-06-2002, 02:53 PM
I can't wait for DL to gets its parade back.

FOOD_AND_DRUG
01-06-2002, 06:15 PM
Originally posted by Techie7
This might be posted in the wrong place. I found DEP playing but I could not find a date that Blast or Believe is running. I did notice that all of the moving sidewalk acts are now listed as Disney removes many rides for refurb. Hope someone can find times or dates for these. I am going crazy trying to find times or dates for these two shows I love on the DLR website. :confused:

I was told that The Power of BLAST! will perform this week on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday at: 1:00, 3:00, and 5:15 p.m.

No show this Thursday. The cast of BLAST! is performing some sort of private show at 8:15 p.m.

Usually, Blast has been "dark" on Tuesdays.

Maybe they are going to "tinker" with their schedule a bit, considering it's after New Year's, the slow season and reduced DCA Hollywood Backlot operating hours.

zapppop
01-06-2002, 06:49 PM
Originally posted by Morrigoon
I can't wait for DL to gets its parade back.

By that, I hope you're referring to the one I mentioned earlier ;)