PDA

View Full Version : When the 50th Celebrations are over Now What?

tedfenley
03-23-2005, 09:35 AM
I have many memories of visiting Disneyland over the years with everything operating correctly, spotless grounds, rides that don't break down, etc. Then we had a long time of letting things go and allowing things to go (the Eisner years.) Now, with the Park looking better than when it opened, after the celebrations are over for the 50th, are we going to have maintenance done the way Walt would have wanted it, or are we going to go back to what is has been recently? The mere fact that anything was let go in the first place to save $ rankles me beyond belief.

Earkid
03-23-2005, 09:54 AM
Sorry, still basking in the impending glow of the 50th. Not ready to talk about it being over yet.

bradk
03-23-2005, 10:00 AM
this wonderful event of which you speak, as far as i know, is happening during the 'eisner years'.. at least until september.

Opus1guy
03-23-2005, 11:05 AM
I hear that Facilities is going to go around and purposefully scuff-up the paint and chip it and stuff...so that Guests will think how much more wonderful it looks when they eventually doll it up again for the 100th Anniversary.

Talk about long-range Master Planning!!!

All part of the new budget-loving Comparative Guest Expectation PlanŽ.

;)

Disneyfreak
03-23-2005, 11:07 AM
The Subs are next YAY!!!

itig
03-23-2005, 12:43 PM
I hear that Facilities is going to go around and purposefully scuff-up the paint and chip it and stuff...so that Guests will think how much more wonderful it looks when they eventually doll it up again for the 100th Anniversary.

Talk about long-range Master Planning!!!

All part of the new budget-loving Comparative Guest Expectation PlanŽ.

;)

What? No 75th to "scuff and doll" for? I'm hoping to live long enough for another one of these :)

stan4d_steph
03-23-2005, 01:44 PM
They celebrations haven't even officially started yet. Why rush things? Enjoy what is happening now!

If DL mgmt. determine that the public response was worth the capital investment, upkeep should continue. Anything else would be a bad business decision. It's all a question of what the powers feel makes them the most money.

DisneyDustin22
03-23-2005, 02:44 PM
I have many memories of visiting Disneyland over the years with everything operating correctly, spotless grounds, rides that don't break down, etc. Then we had a long time of letting things go and allowing things to go (the Eisner years.) Now, with the Park looking better than when it opened, after the celebrations are over for the 50th, are we going to have maintenance done the way Walt would have wanted it, or are we going to go back to what is has been recently? The mere fact that anything was let go in the first place to save $ rankles me beyond belief.

with 18 months of enjoying to partake in, I think all will be fine. As long as we treat it that way. Don't pick at the paint on the railings while waiting in line. Don't press your dirty hands all over the colorful walls, if you see someone stick their gum on a wall, stick yours on their back, when the complain just say, "Oh I'm sorry I saw you put yours on the wall, I just thought we could put it anywhere." :D

Opus1guy
03-23-2005, 05:34 PM
They celebrations haven't even officially started yet. Why rush things? Enjoy what is happening now!

I wish they would re-create the underground gas leak from opening day, complete with little blue flames coming from the pavement and licking at the feet of the delighted guests!

;)

bradk
03-23-2005, 09:33 PM
what about freshly repave the place the morning of july 17?