PDA

View Full Version : A few transportation questions [LAX to DL]

denise
03-23-2005, 08:43 AM
Hey all!

We're going to Disneyland (from Canada) at the end of April. We've got just about everything planned out, except we cannot decide which transportation to use from LAX to Disneyland. We're staying at the Best Western Park Place Inn, and they recommended the Supershuttle. There are two adults, a 4 year old and a 6 year old in our group. We can't decide between the airport bus, the shuttle vans, a taxi or a private car/limo. The bus would be great because then we wouldn't have to bring our carseat and booster seat. (two more things to get lost in baggage...) But, how bad is the bus ride? The receptionist thought the Park Place Inn was one of the last stops... The shuttle van would probably be quicker, right? But then we have to bring the carseats...

Has anyone here paid for a taxi from LAX to DL? Is it really only about $75? I just don't trust taxis... I know if we get stuck in traffic the rate could skyrocket.

Our flight is supposed to arrive at 6:20 pm. How long will it take to deplane and get our luggage? About an hour?

Finally, has anyone here used a private car/limo service? Any particular companies you recommend? There are SO many on the Internet, but we want to make sure we book someone reliable if we go that route.

Sorry for all the questions, but we are really stuck right now...
Thanks in advance for any insight you can offer here, especially those of you who have travelled with small children.

Denise

Captain Carlos
03-23-2005, 01:10 PM
We took a trip from Vancouver, BC to LAX at the end of January. We used the Airport Bus to get from LAX to the Best Western Park Place Inn.

I was not a fan of the bus. It's the cheapest route, but totally unreliable. We arrived in LA at 1:15. The waiting area for the bus was hard to find and once we did find it, I had to corral my 3 excited kids on this median between lanes of rushing traffic. We waited for 45 mins for the bus to arrive and the crowd waiting for the bus grew and grew.

When it finally did arrive, we found out how fortunate we were to have only waited 45 mins. There was a group at the next pick up stop that had waited for an hour and our bus was full. We left them behind to wait for another bus. Aside from that, I was travelling with a 2 1/2 potty trained toddler. He needed to use the bathroom and the small one on the bus was completely disgusting. I won't go into further detail, but I will not be travelling via Airport Bus again.

Good luck!
-Teresa

Gouru
03-23-2005, 02:17 PM
With that many, I'd look at the cost of a private car/limo. When we've used these in the past they haven't minded stopping for a few minutes at grocery stores along the way to pick up essentials for our room without paying resort prices. Check policies and prices.

denise
03-23-2005, 03:17 PM
Thanks for the feedback. That's what we feared about the bus. I guess we'll just suck it up and pack the carseats...

Densie

We took a trip from Vancouver, BC to LAX at the end of January. We used the Airport Bus to get from LAX to the Best Western Park Place Inn.

I was not a fan of the bus. It's the cheapest route, but totally unreliable. We arrived in LA at 1:15. The waiting area for the bus was hard to find and once we did find it, I had to corral my 3 excited kids on this median between lanes of rushing traffic. We waited for 45 mins for the bus to arrive and the crowd waiting for the bus grew and grew.

When it finally did arrive, we found out how fortunate we were to have only waited 45 mins. There was a group at the next pick up stop that had waited for an hour and our bus was full. We left them behind to wait for another bus. Aside from that, I was travelling with a 2 1/2 potty trained toddler. He needed to use the bathroom and the small one on the bus was completely disgusting. I won't go into further detail, but I will not be travelling via Airport Bus again.

Good luck!
-Teresa

GeminiAngel
03-23-2005, 04:34 PM
... transportation to use from LAX to Disneyland. We're staying at the Best Western Park Place Inn, and they recommended the Supershuttle. There are two adults, a 4 year old and a 6 year old in our group. We can't decide between the airport bus, the shuttle vans, a taxi or a private car/limo.Airport Bus. The bus stops Right in front of your hotel. Last time we took Supershuttle, the driver CRAMED us in, and it took a very long time to get there. Airport bus is a huge tour bus with a bathroom, and footrests. Not to mention its cheaper.

A small tip, do let the hotel put you on the 1st floor. Its very noisy. We just got back from a 5 night trip in room 107. Very noisy compared to previous stays which were all on the 3rd floor.

sediment
03-23-2005, 08:19 PM
#1.
Sorry, been away from the PC today.

GeminiAngel
03-23-2005, 08:25 PM
A small tip, do let the hotel put you on the 1st floor.
I meant Do NOT let the hotel put you on the 1st floor.