PDA

View Full Version : Prayer spot at Disneyland?

Pages : [1] 2

snitcherus
03-22-2005, 12:11 PM
My family and I are going to be at Disneyland for the Thursday, Friday, and Saturday of Easter weekend. Is any sort of Disneyland chapel where we could stop in and say a few rosaries? I've never heard of one, but here's hoping... If not, do you Padders have any other ideas of prayerful spots in Disneyland or California Adventures? We're staying at the Grand Californian, so might the hotels have any place to be prayerful on Good Friday?

Thanks! Jenny.

MsYumiBr
03-22-2005, 12:13 PM
My family and I are going to be at Disneyland for the Thursday, Friday, and Saturday of Easter weekend. Is any sort of Disneyland chapel where we could stop in and say a few rosaries? I've never heard of one, but here's hoping... If not, do you Padders have any other ideas of prayerful spots in Disneyland or California Adventures? We're staying at the Grand Californian, so might the hotels have any place to be prayerful on Good Friday?

Thanks! Jenny.

You may try asking the DLH, it has a wedding chapel. I don't know if it is open to the public.

SANDYMARIE
03-22-2005, 12:19 PM
I Believe that any spot is a good spot if you feel the calling to do so........
John 3:16
TTFN :)

Susan L
03-22-2005, 12:20 PM
I have seen people of all different faiths praying in all different areas at both parks. I have even seen muslims and christians praying side by side at the parks. What I really admire is the respect that I have seen by all, for those who choose to pray in the parks.

karl
03-22-2005, 12:20 PM
The Crystal Cathedral is nearby,

http://www.crystalcathedral.org/visitors/driving.html

Probably a pretty good Easter presentation.

bradk
03-22-2005, 12:25 PM
Disney no longer offers religious services pertaining to Easter nor Christmas.

I'm sure someone can recommend a nondenominational church in the area. I'm unable to find any such information.

stan4d_steph
03-22-2005, 12:31 PM
If not, do you Padders have any other ideas of prayerful spots in Disneyland or California Adventures? We're staying at the Grand Californian, so might the hotels have any place to be prayerful on Good Friday?No chapels on property. GCH has a nice lawn area out back that you might go to, however if DCA is open you may hear screams from the rides there.

In DL there is the Cort des Anges in New Orleans Square that is one of the little tucked-away courtyards where you might go for a little out of the way spot.

mystycalchyk
03-22-2005, 12:40 PM
We pray everytime we're in Disneyland :)

Granted it's because we say grace before our meals, but still.....Choose any out of the way spot for some privacy and you'll be just fine :)
Have a wonderful trip

tod
03-22-2005, 01:12 PM

Not really. There are a few Cahtholic churches new Disneyland, St. Justin Martyr (http://www.saintjustin.org/), which is on Ball Road (http://maps.yahoo.com/maps_result?ed=nYmCy.p_0TrjzKO51vxr.BnAdPmOD77r2d9 X2g--&csz=Anaheim%2C+CA+92804-5415&country=us&cat=&trf=0) west of the Resort and St. Boniface (http://www.rc.net/orange/stboniface/) which is on Lincoln (http://maps.yahoo.com/maps_result?ed=njnKr.p_0ToFZx.EUfVzUi6a6ERXc6pMBZi _yDg36w--&csz=Anaheim%2C+CA+92805-2523&country=us&cat=&trf=0), just off Harbor north of the Resort.

They will probably be busy on Good Friday, though.

--t

pisces
03-22-2005, 01:44 PM
In front of the main large fireplace in the Grand Californian lobby.

I've seen a few prayerful solemnly rocking back and forth in the rockers, amidst the firelight.

MammaSilva
03-22-2005, 01:51 PM
Another recomendation for the Cort de Anges here....it's a special spot for my family. Over at DCA I would say that I would probably go to the area around Grizzley Rapids or Redwood Creek Trail....not as nice as the Cort de Anges but at least more 'outdoorsy' feel if that makes sense? The Koi ponds at the DLH...I'm sure others will have other suggestions.

Disneyphile
03-22-2005, 02:16 PM
Another good quiet spot is the area near the "graveyard" behind Fort Wilderness on TSI. It's quite roomy, and not many people go by, and it's nice and tranquil. :)

MsYumiBr
03-22-2005, 02:22 PM
this is where I found out about the chapel at DLH:

http://aav5.aavacations.com/Consumer/avacdetail.asp?BROCHURE=B6&TID=AASNA&SETNO=3&ACCOMID=5002&PRCODE=21

Hakuna Makarla
03-22-2005, 03:44 PM
well,, you could be like me and pray all the time and not have a specific spot. Heck the bible does not say you need to have a special spot, why I plan to pray like mad on the maliboomer :) like mad on tot and twice as much on the roller coaster! So you can say I will be praying about every hour on the hour:)

Tyuasd
03-22-2005, 03:57 PM
I second the Tom Sawyer Island idea, if you can find an out of the way place where some kid won't come running up and disturb you.

Also the Hungry Bear restaurant has a nice patio that looks out on Rivers of America that is usually pretty quiet and peaceful.

BJW
03-22-2005, 04:00 PM
well,, you could be like me and pray all the time and not have a specific spot. Heck the bible does not say you need to have a special spot, why I plan to pray like mad on the maliboomer :) like mad on tot and twice as much on the roller coaster! So you can say I will be praying about every hour on the hour:)I do the same thing. I pray silently before every ride I ride that nothing will go wrong and always seem to enjoy myself. Bible says we can be confident that He hears us so I don't believe location matters.

kristen
03-22-2005, 04:46 PM
well,, you could be like me and pray all the time and not have a specific spot. Heck the bible does not say you need to have a special spot, why I plan to pray like mad on the maliboomer :)

Beautiful! It's great to do both, prayin in a specific time and with the family and praying unceasingly! You are all wonderful, i did not realize there was such a wonderful sense of faith and openess to faith here! Im smiling from ear to ear!! It's great..and i love the rosary, my aunt got me one from ROME!! You are all so cool and always hilarious!!

like mad on tot and twice as much on the roller coaster! So you can say I will be praying about every hour on the hour:)

Im right there with you on TOT!! Oh, my gosh, i have to talk to him the whole time cuase with the way it makes me feel i think i'm going to die and talking with God helps me remember that I've been alive for a long time and i've done these kind of things all the time, they're really safe, I haven't died yet, and...worst case senario...even if i die, in a freak accident, I would just suffer for a little if at all and then spend the rest of eternity with my Lord, yay!!! Anywho, thanks for all the tips, this was a wonderful thread!! Especially all the openness, cause i don't think that everyone here is Christian, and I love the comment about the people of different religions sitting side by side in the park praying. Great posts guys! TTFN, Kristen

ToursbabeC3po
03-22-2005, 07:11 PM
If you ask a cast member they can find a quiet place for you to pray. If they do know because they are new they can find out for you. This was a very common question when I worked their but mostly Muslims asked because I guess they pray at certain times of day. Enjoy your visit to the parks.
((((((((((((((((hugs))))))))))))))))))))
Jennifer

sdfilmcritic
03-22-2005, 11:45 PM
There's a very quiet courtyard area right between DTD and GCH that is secluded and surrounded by trees and bushes. I forgot exactly how to get there, but it lies directly underneath the monorail track just as monorail would exit the "GCH tunnel" it passes through. (Does the monorail location marker help? I just can't remember the walking directions to get there.) This place is peaceful and quiet if you want a spot for quiet time and reflection.

Shinku
03-23-2005, 12:13 AM
Snow White's wishing well might work, too.

CoasterChickie
03-23-2005, 06:13 AM
Not quite in DL, but over at the DLH there are some very nice places to stroll and you can probably find a quiet spot, especially early in the morning. I like the gazebo steps. :)

cryan71
03-23-2005, 08:00 AM
Why do you need a quiet spot?

Do like me. Pray extremely loudly. I usually do it near a character greeting cause it gets me the most crowd and it scares the fear of God into the little children. I've found also that restaurants in the New Orleans Square that line the main walkway are also good. Nothing like having the people near me leave cause they were so moved by my public prayers. However, the best place to pray at Disneyland in my opinion is in line. I usually wait till we are just over the halfway point in the queue (you know after you have really invested some time), and then I let one rip. Noone leaves cause they don't want to lose their place in line. But the expressions on their faces are priceless. It's like the spirit is really touching them with my prayers!

If I have friends with me, we usually hold a prayer circle with a little dance at the end. We try to grab random strangers into our prayer circles, with mixed results. Like the last time we held a prayer circle around the flag pole, how were we to know that man was a hassidic jew? We know that if more people see us praying, that God will be more likely to answer our prayers cause "all those people were watching." God is really big on peer pressure.

I also try to address some of the sins I see in the crowd, just so God's aware of them. It also actively engages your audience.

Captain Josh
03-23-2005, 08:03 AM
21 replies...it took 21 replies.

Eh, whatever.

bradk
03-23-2005, 08:38 AM
at least s/he took his/her own advice.

GeminiAngel
03-23-2005, 04:53 PM
I usually say mine at the top of the hill on Splash Mtn. Just kidding. Seriously, I think a nice spot would be fantasia Gardens.